Buying the stock vs Buying the phone. They both have different aspect to the NEED of the buyer and should never influenced either side of the table. I see your trying to look at this from a broad spectrum but your looking at it too broad my friend.

Why is it that all of the soon to be leaving blackberry user are always talking about the market instead of what the device can do for them when it comes to buying a smartphone? There is no one in the smartphone phone realm that offers the Security of the blackberry which what business and government needs to conduct business outside of the office.

RIM is a business minded company but lets look at it like this from then to now... IM's are a communication tool and RIM offered the best device to communicate and still offers one of the best tools with others trying to mirror (BBM). Now its not about just communication on these devices anymore its GAMES....so as i read from everybody comments of leaving or its not like Apple or Android is that they are about GAMES and while RIM is Business. RIM is moving into the gaming realm while the others are moving into the business realm. Different approaches with different customers meeting in the middle so we have different point of views.

If you need a comparison of a company outlook lets look at NEXTEL.... business totally but where are they going and they are on a dead iDen network? Rim created a secure environment and slowly trying to merger into a consumer based arena while maintaining its Security of their device structure. How secure is iOS and Android compared to Blackberry?

When i buy my next phone its based on what i want/need of it to do for me. I am not influence by market shares or analyst dialogue since they are not giving me any discount on the device...lol.

I JUST LOVE MY BERRY!!!
    Thanks for your reply. I agree with a lot of it.
    DaNomadicOne likes this.
    05-26-11 05:55 PM
    i'll give up on blackberry when they give up on me. from the looks of the new bold touch that's coming out, i'll be satisfied...
    05-26-11 06:39 PM
    Probably never. The iPhone and Android just offer different things.. That I'm not interested in at all. I'm very happy with my Blackberry. Don't care for the new ones coming out (just yet..), and it does everything I want and need it to, and more!
    05-26-11 07:34 PM
    Are you saying that when you read an email on your PC it is marked as read on your Berry in real time? When you delete an email on your PC is it deleted from your Berry in real time? With Android and iphone it is. On my berry, the sync from the PC to the Berry takes several hours.
    Try using Xtop. Personally, for my needs, my Torch and my PlayBook keep me very happy. Each of us has different needs and different tastes.
    05-26-11 09:19 PM
    pc based email and sync is a dying breed, I use google hosted apps which work wonders on the blackberry. And no I will never give up on them... each to their own, but BB serves my needs more than any other platform can.
    05-26-11 09:48 PM
    pc based email and sync is a dying breed, I use google hosted apps which work wonders on the blackberry. And no I will never give up on them... each to their own, but BB serves my needs more than any other platform can.
    I'm sorry but NO way can PC based email die off in the business world

I have more than 30GB of email from 2007 till now under just a single address,
    and many files from my email I access while I have no chance to be connected to the Internet, cloud computing will supplement, but can't replace business desktop email for a heavy email user
    05-26-11 10:13 PM
    Are you saying that when you read an email on your PC it is marked as read on your Berry in real time? When you delete an email on your PC is it deleted from your Berry in real time? With Android and iphone it is. On my berry, the sync from the PC to the Berry takes several hours.
    You can blame Google for this. They will not allow RIM to grab updates any faster from them for these lazy syncs.

The other devices have a connection open directly to GMAIL. Having the NOC scan countless millions of inboxes for changes every second would crush GMAIL. Remember different architectures. True push, not some half *** half open TCP connection from the device to an IMAP server.

RIM's problem is not market share or financials, but that of mind share. Competitive products and differentiating software/services will win the next wave of mobility.
    05-26-11 10:15 PM
    I'm sorry but NO way can PC based email die off in the business world

I have more than 30GB of email from 2007 till now under just a single address,
    and many files from my email I access while I have no chance to be connected to the Internet, cloud computing will supplement, but can't replace business desktop email for a heavy email user
    Yeah I have emails dated ever since my domain was registered. Google webmail is one of the best, I just search and find what I want in seconds. I am always connected to the internet. I must admit, I do not keep all my emails, not 30 gb worth anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-11 10:21 PM
    Dear OP -

The company name is Research in Motion, aka RIM. When you say RIMM, it is incorrect. RIMM is the ticker symbol for Research in Motion on the stock market.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take your thread seriously when you don't even get the company name right. To answer your question, I will never "give up" on RIM, or BlackBerry. It's the right device for me. I don't care if it's not right for you, or your neighbor, or anyone else. I use what works for me, not what "analysts" say.
    Ferretling likes this.
    05-26-11 10:54 PM
    I never will give up on a Blackberry. The features are reliable and I buy a Blackberry knowing that it wont let you down on email, battery and other key features. I dropped my iPhone 4 (Literally) and gave my Incredible S to my brother. I just would stick the BB
    BB ON!
    05-26-11 11:37 PM
    I stick with my answer on my previous post.
    when pigs fly , that's when.

Now, for a more palatable response...
    With cool alternatives like an iPod touch or an iPad for a tablet,
    I don't see any reason why I would stay with an iPhone.. When the Blackberry is the perfect phone for Me... Emphasis on the Perfect ,Phone and Me parts.
    05-27-11 12:31 AM
    Our corporate email is hosted by Google Apps too. It is fantastic. Still, Google Apps hosted business email does not sync from the PC to the Berry in a timely fashion like it does on an Android or iphone.

It is kind of ironic that Blackberry invented mobile push email and while it works extraordinarily well on BES, it is awful on BIS.

Before you tell me to get MS Exchange and BES, or BES lite, Android and Apple offer full, 2 way sync of email (between PC and the hand held device), at the consumer level, effortlessly and for no additional cost (i.e. additional cost of a BES plan).
    05-27-11 12:36 AM
    You can blame Google for this. They will not allow RIM to grab updates any faster from them for these lazy syncs.

The other devices have a connection open directly to GMAIL. Having the NOC scan countless millions of inboxes for changes every second would crush GMAIL. Remember different architectures. True push, not some half *** half open TCP connection from the device to an IMAP server.

RIM's problem is not market share or financials, but that of mind share. Competitive products and differentiating software/services will win the next wave of mobility.
    Maybe this is the reason Apple and Android phones have such bad battery life?
    05-27-11 12:38 AM
    With each passing day, the Blackberry is becoming less and less relevant. Their strength was mobile email and business customers paid dearly for mobile email synchronization. RIMM made tons of money but in milking this cow, totally missed the consumer market.

Apple and Android came out and offered email synchronization for free. By synchronization, I mean having your mobile email and PC email synchronized.

I used Gmail for my personal account and the synchronization is beautiful, instant and free. Gmail on a blackberry is archaic and a joke. Syncing between my Berry and PC takes hours and is never 100% accurate.

How can a blackberry handle gmail so poorly? Gmail on an ipad or iphone is on par with an Android device.

Android and Apple does apps and web surfing so much better than a blackberry. Their phones also offer wifi hotspot abilities (ie they can act as a wifi router).

It is only a matter of time before management at RIMM drive this company into the ground. Are you going to wait for the ship to sink before jumping off?

I can't see myself buying another blackberry. I enjoy my Android phone way more, every day.

My Android phone has free software that allows me to access any file on my PC. My Android phone has an app that automatically uploads any picture I take to my PC over wifi or the cell network.

Blackberries are archaic. When will you drop this brand of smartphone?
    I love my BB phone and will not go to any other platform. I've tried Android, crappy quality, not interested in iPhone and now with all these security issues will not touch either phone ever.

I can password protect my BB and remotely wipe if need be and remotely locate if need be all with a free app.

It doesn't take me hours to sync my PC to my BB email etc. Outlook syncs and backs up very, very quickly.

I don't want to erase an email on my PC and my device. I may not want that email on my device but I want it on my PC.

I can access my PC via VNC.

I can trust my phone to work exactly as it's suppose to. I can trust my phone will open pdfs without having to download an app. Just like I can edit documents, spreadsheets on the fly without downloading an app. and when I send that attachment the recipient can read it since google docs do not always show up as proper MS Docs. I can bbm my friends anywhere in the world and know they got the message and it cost neither one of us long distance costs.

Can iPhones or Android phones have that kind of built in IM ability?

I'm glad you found the phone you need but to post on a BB forum about how archiac you think BB phones are is infantile.

Just move forward... why do you need justification for your choices by putting down other people's choice?
    05-27-11 01:10 AM
    My biggest gripe with the iPhone was the lack of notification profiles... just that little switch on the side... vibrate, or ring....

with my blackberry i can have all notifications on, vibrate on, only notifications for certain types of messages / certain email accounts, only phone calls, and the list goes on.......

I have BeBuzz, and my notifications are even more customizable. I know exactly what kind of message I got just from looking at the LED.
    05-27-11 01:34 AM
    Our corporate email is hosted by Google Apps too. It is fantastic. Still, Google Apps hosted business email does not sync from the PC to the Berry in a timely fashion like it does on an Android or iphone.

It is kind of ironic that Blackberry invented mobile push email and while it works extraordinarily well on BES, it is awful on BIS.

Before you tell me to get MS Exchange and BES, or BES lite, Android and Apple offer full, 2 way sync of email (between PC and the hand held device), at the consumer level, effortlessly and for no additional cost (i.e. additional cost of a BES plan).
    Blah Blah, the whole reason blackberrys were invented was for people that were out and about all day not in front of a PC and as a rule I think 99% of blackberry owners get their email on the handset before the PC gets it and from blackberry to PC sync is instant.
    For those occasions where you do read your email on the PC first Rim has kindly provided the "mark prior read" or "delete prior" options. It only takes a second to do it.

Ferretling and Snick Snack like this.
    05-27-11 01:45 AM
    BB Ftw! I still have a little trust in BB
    05-27-11 05:34 AM
    Yeah I have emails dated ever since my domain was registered. Google webmail is one of the best, I just search and find what I want in seconds. I am always connected to the internet. I must admit, I do not keep all my emails, not 30 gb worth anyways.

It is a difference of work environment,
    My emails are stored both locally, and on a server, so if my PC crashes I can recover my emails, but downloading a 75MB email to get content from it is ridiculous over the cloud, but takes no time at all when stored locally, also running searches, when indexing 3000 emails from a single sender, it is done way quicker and your results are displayed faster natively, than through the cloud,
    I would for the most part agree Google is one of the best Webmails, except that I need a combination of Folders and Tags, as some of my emailed end up with as many as 30 tags in gmail so it gets to be a big pain to view them in the inbox.
    05-27-11 07:20 AM
    Dear OP -

The company name is Research in Motion, aka RIM. When you say RIMM, it is incorrect. RIMM is the ticker symbol for Research in Motion on the stock market.

I'm sorry, but it's hard to take your thread seriously when you don't even get the company name right. To answer your question, I will never "give up" on RIM, or BlackBerry. It's the right device for me. I don't care if it's not right for you, or your neighbor, or anyone else. I use what works for me, not what "analysts" say.
    actually looking at the silliness of the thread, one could think he was asking when you'd give up on RIMM stock not when you'd give up on RIM Phones because he sites market share, as much as the devices themselves.
    05-27-11 07:23 AM

I get my Google hosted emailed to my BB within seconds, I actually get my Lotus notes RULED emails that go through a google account to my phone faster than the direct lotus notes emails come to my phone.
    I'd say my average speed that I can track between sending an email from an outside source to gmail and getting it to my phone is about 10-15 seconds,
    my carrier.blackberry.net, is about 5-10 seconds, and my home ISP mail is about 30-40 seconds

Yes Android and Apple offer more in the way of 2 way sync to the consumer than RIM does, but that isn't overly negative, the Majority of consumers CONSUME! they don't go back to their email folders to check things on their phone, they go back as far as 1 week to show someone an email they got that made them laugh, and done, no need to go and find that email you put in folder X 6 months ago
    05-27-11 07:30 AM
    I'll agree with what a number of others have said here. I don't want email that I delete from my phone deleted from my PC. Heck, it's bad enough that Gmail (not my BB) marks them read on my PC when I have read them on my phone first. I have my phone with me all day. I do not have my PC with me all day. From my phone I want to be able to answer a mail if it is urgent or delete it if it is not, and then be able to read it from my PC. I use Mozilla's Thunderbird and not webmail, even for my Gmail. Deleting from my PC is quick, and it is also quick from my BB. I don't need or want my phone to do it for me. If it's such a concern, why not approach some of the developers and ask them to create an email program that will do what you want with the email you get, rather than what the native client does?
    05-27-11 08:53 AM
    I'll agree with what a number of others have said here. I don't want email that I delete from my phone deleted from my PC. Heck, it's bad enough that Gmail (not my BB) marks them read on my PC when I have read them on my phone first. I have my phone with me all day. I do not have my PC with me all day. From my phone I want to be able to answer a mail if it is urgent or delete it if it is not, and then be able to read it from my PC. I use Mozilla's Thunderbird and not webmail, even for my Gmail. Deleting from my PC is quick, and it is also quick from my BB. I don't need or want my phone to do it for me. If it's such a concern, why not approach some of the developers and ask them to create an email program that will do what you want with the email you get, rather than what the native client does?
    Lol, with the risk of sounding like I work for them, that email client exists already and it has been around for many years, it's called Logicmail.

05-27-11 08:58 AM
    Lol, with the risk of sounding like I work for them, that email client exists already and it has been around for many years, it's called Logicmail.

Heh.

As you can see, I like how the native client works, and I don't need another. But there. For all the vaunted lack of proper BB apps, there is one that does apparently what the OP wants with his mail.

Shrug.
    05-27-11 09:10 AM
    Blackberry gives me what I want. I'm not going to 'drop' it any time soon or at all.
    05-27-11 09:31 AM
    05-27-11 09:43 AM
143 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD