07-29-09 09:59 PM
33 12
tools
    Okay, I just got the Blackberry Curve 8330 with Verizon.
    After reading this, I am throughly confused. I thought SMS was already threaded? I can go to my text message from my friend, and see the entire conversation threaded so it looks like we have been IMing...and I have the latest OS which is I think the 4.7 version.

Is the new version improving the SMS? I mean, since it technically is already threaded...or is it going to fix it where you only see one name on the list and click on it to see all of the messages?
    07-27-09 10:05 PM
    As stated above, true threaded sms is like what's on the iPhone. Or like bbm is now. You see a persons name, that is your "conversation" with that person. Click on it, you see all the messages sent back and
    forth in an I'm style window. And with the BBM redesign in version 5.0 I have a feeling RIM may integrate sms to BBM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 10:34 PM
    iphone shmiphone. Palm was doing it before RIM was in diapers. Yes there is a view when a contact's texts are all listed but it's not IM style. You still have to do menu, reply which kills the view to reference from. Plus all the individual messages when you enter sms is annoying as ****. IM style is just more the norm everywhere but on a bb. And bbm is not an answer as it is not universal.

07-29-09 12:58 PM
    software.crackberry.com/product.asp?id=33418&n=Empower-SMS-Viewer

Check that app out. Just installed it yesterday, and it's at a discount price. It's great. I customized my own background and colors, etc. I'm running it on my Tour and everything works as advertised (contact name, number, contact pic (optional), colors, etc etc). Worth the 8 bucks!

07-29-09 01:25 PM
    eh. similar to the Pre or iphone. nice if you have a screen like them or the storm, but I prefer simplicitty and just basic IM style where you can fit more info on the screen. And I'd prefer not to spend money on something that should be native.

07-29-09 01:35 PM
    Check this link out. Empower Interactive
    You will need to install empower central first but there is no need for set up....unless of course you want to change fonts or background. There are also a couple of apps to go along with it I would recommend. SMS popup viewer...and for those with a keyboard....quick SMS.
    Give them a shot...still in open beta but so far so good. Hope this helps.
    The empower apps do help some for the overall look, but it is not threaded sms. You still see the regular clutter of texts when you open the sms box.
    07-29-09 08:25 PM
    threaded sms??? i've got threaded sms on my Bold 9000. i believe same goes for Curve 8900 as well.
    07-29-09 09:01 PM
    no you don't. You have a threaded view in history. did you bother to read through the thread? I know it's a whole 33 posts long and all...
    07-29-09 09:59 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD