I just had to take a pic of this person at a a local Starbucks. Here's the situation:

Thursday evening by the fire at Starbucks
    Gentlemen in his mid 50's with his iPhone
    He's straining to see the screen
    He's looking at a sports app
    I'm a proud Passport owner and snap the pic
    I sit beside him and goto my sports app
    He looks over in disbelief and asks "what's that"
    I humbly reply that it's the new BlackBerry Passport
    He grunts like he just watched a gruesome event
    I chuckle to myself as he walks away like the Passport is a contagious pathogen.

It's funny really when you think about how closed minded most human beings are. Makes you wonder how we've evolved this far at all...
    When will people learn-img_20141211_191415.jpg

Posted using my amazing Passport
    12-11-14 06:26 PM
    I don't get it. Is it that his phone screen is too small? He could buy a phone with a bigger screen from any manufacturer. Or is it that he's not using a Passport and that means that he's close minded? I don't get what you are trying to say here.
    12-11-14 06:59 PM
    Hmmm. I guess I would walk away as well when strangers are taking clandestine pictures of me from the rear, then come sit directly besides me when there are clearly other places to sit. Kinda weird to me I guess. But that's just me...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 07:03 PM
    People just aren't worth the time man...

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:37 PM
    Wow.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 08:40 PM
    It's funny really when you think about how closed minded most human beings are.
    There is a difference between "closed minded" and "uninterested in having strangers shill for their favorite brand of telephone when you are trying to catch up on sports scores in peace at a coffee shop."

If you were e-mailing your professional collaborators, and someone came up waving their iPhone or Galaxy in your face, showing that they, too, had an e-mail app, would you welcome the intrusion?

I understand that word-of-mouth can be the most effective advertising, but there is a proper time and place for it, dictated by basic standards of courtesy.

That said, I have seen two Passports in coffee shops this week... the first I've seen in the wild 'round these parts.
    12-11-14 09:04 PM
    I think that the OP was just having fun and proud of his Passport.
    12-11-14 09:12 PM
    People like the OP are doing far more harm to BlackBerry than good.

Who in their right mind would go up to a man that they don't know who was minding his own business and shove their phone into his face after photographing him from the rear without his knowledge?

Seriously, what in the world were you thinking when you did this? That man was simply using his phone. Who are you to do what you did because of that?

I truly wish some BlackBerry users would switch platforms. BlackBerry fanatics who act like this only make all BlackBerry users in general seem like weirdos and drive non users further away from the brand.

The saddest part of it all is you actually came on to this site and bragged about having done this. Like do you actually think the way you behaved is something to be bragging about?
    12-11-14 09:57 PM
    I thought that BlackBerry owners were confident in their choices and did not need the approval of others.
    shaleem, thymaster, Witmen and 8 others like this.
    12-11-14 11:06 PM
    People like the OP are doing far more harm to BlackBerry than good.

Who in their right mind would go up to a man that they don't know who was minding his own business and shove their phone into his face after photographing him from the rear without his knowledge?

Seriously, what in the world were you thinking when you did this? That man was simply using his phone. Who are you to do what you did because of that?

I truly wish some BlackBerry users would switch platforms. BlackBerry fanatics who act like this only make all BlackBerry users in general seem like weirdos and drive non users further away from the brand.

The saddest part of it all is you actually came on to this site and bragged about having done this. Like do you actually think the way you behaved is something to be bragging about?
    \Now, now....be nice...Nowhere did he say he shoved his phone in his face. He said he sat beside him and the other guy asked him about the passport.. Maybe there were no other seats in the store. I don't go to starbucks so I wouldn't know. I don't know the point of the picture, however...
    12-11-14 11:15 PM
    Look. What the old man was trying to say is this.

"I need bigger glasses but I don't use cause I look older with it".

"I need a bigger phone screen but I don't use it cause I look stupid with it "

"I need a BlackBerry but i don't cause is not cool.

Everybody has their ideas on things.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-11-14 11:20 PM
    He though you were a walking dead. That's why he grunted.
    12-12-14 03:04 AM
    We weren't there when it happened, and couldn't really witness the event. So no idea what was going on internally / emotionally, and no judgement (neither vs the old guy nor OP).

The conversation wouldn't have needed to end like this. A courtesy "Uhumm, that's interesting..." or something would have been better. The shock and the realization "BBRY's not dead" might have just been too much... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    12-12-14 03:25 AM
    It's out of order, you should not have taken a pic of him, you should take it off.

? Z10
    shaleem and ArcPlug like this.
    12-12-14 03:41 AM
    I enjoy the pic. It's relaxing. I'm making it my wallpaper. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 03:54 AM
    I'm a little more disappointed in BlackBerry users every time I see stuff like this smh

Posted via CB10
    Witmen, TGR1, donnation and 6 others like this.
    12-12-14 04:57 AM
    Please, everyone. The OP just answered a question. Big deal, it's called courtesy and the rest is the other person's problem.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 04:57 AM
    Please, everyone. The OP just answered a question. Big deal, it's called courtesy and the rest is the other person's problem.

Posted via CB10
    Its the other persons problem that the OP took a picture of him without his knowledge, shared it online, and was mad the guy didn't fawn over his Passport after he sat down next to him and showed it running a sports app? Please.
    TgeekB, shaleem, xandermac and 1 others like this.
    12-12-14 06:15 AM
    Go easy on em Ward.
    When will people learn-mockit_12122014201538.jpg

Posted via CB10
    12-12-14 06:16 AM
    Pass the popcorn, I love a good ol' CB bashin'!

Posted via CB10
    donnation and shaleem like this.
    12-12-14 07:25 AM
    Yes, he should buy the new Galaxy note 4 or the iPhone 6 plus for the bigger screen.
    shaleem and BB_Junky like this.
    12-12-14 07:59 AM
    We weren't there when it happened, and couldn't really witness the event. So no idea what was going on internally / emotionally, and no judgement (neither vs the old guy nor OP).

The conversation wouldn't have needed to end like this. A courtesy "Uhumm, that's interesting..." or something would have been better. The shock and the realization "BBRY's not dead" might have just been too much... :-)

? ? ? Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'.... ? ? ?
    Lol how in God's name can you say how the conversation should have ended? Some random guy comes up to you who's life is obviously revolving around his Passport and show's you he's running a sports app. For just some regular guy (and not phone weirdo's like us in here) I wouldn't expect to be met with anything other than shock, and possible anger, if I was minding my own business and was approached by someone who wanted me to tell them how great their phone was. The only acceptable response in my opinion was a grunt and the OP is lucky the guy didn't tell him to get the **** away from him.
    anon(257429), Witmen and shaleem like this.
    12-12-14 08:16 AM
    The pic doesn't reveal anyone's identity. They are in a non private place. Fair game!
    The guy initiated the contact, not the OP. As for the opinion of the OP that the other guy was close minded...well there's no way to know as we weren't there to get the full picture. Could be a complete mis read of what the man was thinking.

There's a reason for the saying "Opinions are like a$$ho.*s, everyone ones got one".

This Passport takes me places!
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    12-12-14 12:19 PM
    The pic doesn't reveal anyone's identity. They are in a non private place. Fair game!
    The guy initiated the contact, not the OP. As for the opinion of the OP that the other guy was close minded...well there's no way to know as we weren't there to get the full picture. Could be a complete mis read of what the man was thinking.

There's a reason for the saying "Opinions are like a$$ho.*s, everyone ones got one".

How did the guy initiate the contact if the OP took the picture and then went and purposely sat beside him and pulled up the sports app?

I doubt the legitimacy of the OP's entire story anyway because unless he sat down right next to him (which would be weird enough and there was a table next to him) there is no way the guy would know what app he was running on his phone. This is more likely just the OP putting a picture of someone using an iPhone and manufacturing a story around it to try and win praise in the CB community (which that hasn't done).
    Last edited by donnation; 12-12-14 at 12:59 PM.
    12-12-14 12:27 PM

Lol who does that though!?!

Who cares enough to notice that a 50 year old man is squinting at his iPhone trying to look at sports related stuff and then tries to judge the man off of that? What in the world was the picture necessary for?

Seriously, if some stranger did this to me while I'm out minding my own business, he'd have to be the lamest individual imo

Posted via CB10
    mmcfly23 and shaleem like this.
    12-12-14 12:55 PM
62 123