When will BBM be on iPhone?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 04:47 PM
    They still haven't given a due date for BBM release on iPhone and Android. But it's said to be coming out end of summer so around August

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 04:57 PM
    The day after tomorrow.

Posted via that Z-thang
    06-22-13 05:03 PM
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I love you tomorrow... You're always a day away...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:20 PM
    End of summer means by September 20th.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 12:04 AM
    why cant blackberry be more like google or apple... announce something and have it available a couple days or less than a month later -.- hurts bb in the long run making people wait
    06-23-13 12:10 AM
    why cant blackberry be more like google or apple... announce something and have it available a couple days or less than a month later -.- hurts bb in the long run making people wait
    Pfft, whatever.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 01:31 PM
    Between today and 2021

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone using CB10
    06-23-13 01:40 PM
    When will BBM be on iPhone?

Posted via CB10

BlackBerry Beta Zone News

Straight from the horses mouth.
    https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/portals/news/151

BBM for iOS and Android
    We've received a bunch of inquires about our big announcement; BBM for iOS and Android coming this summer! Unfortunately we do not know any other details other than what has already been announced publically. As soon as we hear more and are able to share, we will do so.

Thanks!

~Jess
    06-23-13 01:50 PM
    Like iOS 7?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:01 PM
    Pfft, whatever.

Posted via CB10
    He does have a point. Especially given BBRY's propensity to over use the term "coming soon". So to discount his opinion with derision is a bit premature.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via TapaTalk 4 beta.
    06-23-13 02:45 PM
    Like iOS 7?

Posted via CB10
    IOS7 released the day of its announcement, so what are you alluding to?

mikeo007, bekkay and anon(73368) like this.
    06-23-13 02:47 PM
    IOS7 released the day of its announcement, so what are you alluding to?

Oh you have iOS7? Please tell me how u got it (not developers version please)
    -_-

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 02:48 PM
    Oh you have iOS7? Please tell me how u got it (not developers version please)
    -_-

Posted via CB10
    Of course I'm referring to the developer version. It's easy to get and is released. It's not coming soon or vapor ware. It's out, and it's available to anybody who takes the initiative to get it.

Which is a far cry from an announcement of something to come, and nobody sees hide-nor-hair of it for ages.

mikeo007, Berry_Pink and wehttam like this.
    06-23-13 03:12 PM
    Sorry... I agree. The "future" is something BBRY struggles with.
    Chris Marsch likes this.
    06-23-13 03:15 PM
    Like iOS 7?

Posted via CB10
    They released iOS7 to developers, and i can assure you that when they announce the hardware they will release it within a months time world wide.

When google announced Hangouts it was released the next day? (or was it the same day?)

I'm not trying to bash BlackBerry but it would benefit them by following through right away than having people wait. most everyone (not in the BBworld) has forgotten that BBM is going cross platform.
    wehttam likes this.
    06-23-13 03:58 PM
    They did for the launch of the Z10.....sorta. it was available the next day in the UK and a week later in Canada. I got my Z10 on Feb 5th, six days after the Jan 30 unveiling. Unfortunately, it took a long time for the Z10 and the Q10 for that matter to launch in the US. That is more because of the carriers then BlackBerry themselves. Loom how long it's taking for 10.1 to get released.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-23-13 04:47 PM
    Of course I'm referring to the developer version. It's easy to get and is released. It's not coming soon or vapor ware. It's out, and it's available to anybody who takes the initiative to get it.

Which is a far cry from an announcement of something to come, and nobody sees hide-nor-hair of it for ages.

Well if we take that approach, BlackBerry 10 (the developper version) had been available as soon as it was announced over a year ago.

Hmmm so what was the issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 05:48 PM
    Well if we take that approach, BlackBerry 10 (the developper version) had been available as soon as it was announced over a year ago.

Hmmm so what was the issue?

Posted via CB10
    Not really. There wasn't any hardware available to the general public capable of running BB10, unless you were selected by BBRY specifically.

But that argument is irrelevant. The point argued is that BB needs to break away from the notoriety that their interpretation of "coming soon" quite often equates to a year or more down the line. No other platform has been as bad as BB when addressing announcements and deploying to the consumer. They've been doing that for 5+ years.

pri79269 and Balti43 like this.
    06-23-13 06:50 PM
    End of summer means by September 20th.

Posted via CB10
    Nope. In BBRY jargon, "End of summer" actually means February the following year.
    06-23-13 07:04 PM

Stop doing drugs. You're comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges. Apple isn't releasing a new OS like Blackberry, just a polished newer version of it's previous code. The older Blackberry OS was very much on time with it's updates. QNX isn't an update by any means.

Apple employes more lawyers than Blackberry has developers. Also, you're talking about a time with company working on full transitions all the way up to the CEO.
    baseballpeej likes this.
    06-23-13 07:13 PM
    Blackberry is busy fixing its OS right now so it might take a while.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-23-13 07:23 PM
    Not really. There wasn't any hardware available to the general public capable of running BB10, unless you were selected by BBRY specifically.

But that argument is irrelevant. The point argued is that BB needs to break away from the notoriety that their interpretation of "coming soon" quite often equates to a year or more down the line. No other platform has been as bad as BB when addressing announcements and deploying to the consumer. They've been doing that for 5+ years.

Yeah I know what you mean. I was just arguing to argue. BlackBerry does have to execute a bit more efficiently... but considering that they have 100 time less ressource than Apple or Samsung and that they have the same amount of work to do, I think lately they had done a huge job.

Especially with the OS already out, the rest is just gonna be much easier.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:24 PM
    Stop doing drugs. You're comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges. Apple isn't releasing a new OS like Blackberry, just a polished newer version of it's previous code. The older Blackberry OS was very much on time with it's updates. QNX isn't an update by any means.

Apple employes more lawyers than Blackberry has developers. Also, you're talking about a time with company working on full transitions all the way up to the CEO.
    More like comparing apples to blackberries then oranges.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:35 PM
    He does have a point. Especially given BBRY's propensity to over use the term "coming soon". So to discount his opinion with derision is a bit premature.

Rick Rolling has worked for Blackberry for some time now....
    ...There isn't much reason for them to stop doing it now.
    06-23-13 07:48 PM
49 12