Hello All,

When people switch carriers do you think the carrier you switched from takes a look at the account to see possible reason why that user switched i.e. excessive overages, and maybe noted on the accounts about recurring problems etc. I could imagine how many people switch because they constantly have bill problems that are unresolved an left without an explanation and have to fork out more money. If they reviewed and found this type of thing, do you think they should call you (after you port your number) to see why you left and what can they do to get you to come back? What would it take for you to go back to the carrier you ported from (if applicable)? Would you mind if they did call you to entice you?

Just to put this out there, I am not looking for responses saying its not legal for them to do so or anything like that, just wondering how you feel.
    09-22-08 07:48 PM
    Winback....almost every carrier worth its weight in salt has a specific department just for situations like that...(almost every carrier) When I ported out from sprint, the only reason they called afterwards was to varify my address to send the etf! Which I got back by the way. Its definitely legal. As far as what they could do to get me back, change their names to Verizon Wireless and start piggy backing on their network. The sole reason I left sprint was due to not being able to complete a call when I needed to. Its a reason why they offer simply everything for $99!!! You spend half of those anytime minutes trying to connect and the other half calling customer service!!
    09-22-08 08:25 PM
    Winback....almost every carrier worth its weight in salt has a specific department just for situations like that...(almost every carrier) When I ported out from sprint, the only reason they called afterwards was to varify my address to send the etf! Which I got back by the way. Its definitely legal. As far as what they could do to get me back, change their names to Verizon Wireless and start piggy backing on their network. The sole reason I left sprint was due to not being able to complete a call when I needed to. Its a reason why they offer simply everything for $99!!! You spend half of those anytime minutes trying to connect and the other half calling customer service!!
    LOL. I hear you. I had terrible experience with them as well. Couldn't make a call in my apartment living room, soon as I switched to VZW I didn't have to ask people "can you hear me now".
    09-23-08 09:05 AM
    Sprint works fine with me. I have another line with AT&T, it's actually worse than Sprint. If network is not the issue, before you decide to switch, call the customer service and see if anything they can help you and let them know you are going to swtich to another carrier. Mostly likely they will transfer you to retention department and offer you something like free phones and % discount depending on how long you have been with the current carrier.

What will make me to stay with Sprint? If they have the iphone or BB Storm!
    09-23-08 09:21 AM
    Sprint works fine with me. I have another line with AT&T, it's actually worse than Sprint. If network is not the issue, before you decide to switch, call the customer service and see if anything they can help you and let them know you are going to swtich to another carrier. Mostly likely they will transfer you to retention department and offer you something like free phones and % discount depending on how long you have been with the current carrier.

What will make me to stay with Sprint? If they have the iphone or BB Storm!
    This is not a thread about which carrier is good or bad. Don't really wanna hear about how many people like or hate sprint. The original question was responded using a example that they had with Sprint. So please this is not a carrier bashing/defending thread. Also, the questions asked were not about what the customer could do to stay with a carrier, its about what we think carriers do when we leave.
    09-23-08 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD