I got the true unlimited plan with cell south I have unlimed callin and it included nation wide unlimited data but once I started roamin I couldn't access the web but I had full signal has anyone else had this problem I don't know if it was a glitch or the area but I had good signal and get the web in home area with just one bar so what could the problem be
    10-31-08 05:11 AM
    Have you checked the mobile data setting? Is it set to ON? or OFF WHEN ROAMING?
    10-31-08 05:33 AM
    I got the true unlimited plan with cell south I have unlimed callin and it included nation wide unlimited data but once I started roamin I couldn't access the web but I had full signal has anyone else had this problem I don't know if it was a glitch or the area but I had good signal and get the web in home area with just one bar so what could the problem be

can't guarentee this to be true... but it could have been simply the fact that the network you were roaming on didn't support data at all????

I never really looked into all the cell networks out there or how the internet works on all the cell services but in theory it could be possible that it just didn't support data traffic...
    10-31-08 06:03 AM
    Some carriers do not include data in their roaming agreements.
    10-31-08 10:06 AM
    I went by a cell south not my home town I visitin my in laws this week but they said probably little or no data coverage where I was cause I got covered coast to coast as long as data supported in the area
    10-31-08 02:16 PM
    Some carriers do not include data in their roaming agreements.
    ^^^^^ This is exactly why. Most carrier's have roaming agreement's that allow voice only.
    10-31-08 03:05 PM
    I even went back to the same town and logged on my im and web it got my phone hot just trying to pull data the arrows kept flickerin but it couldn't do nothin the load bgar just froze at 65% my battery died in a little over an hour just tryin to pull data how can you get no data service and have full signal or how do I tell what the data signal is in a area?
    11-01-08 11:16 PM
    those bar's are your signal to/from the towers.. has nothing to do with DATA.

Data and Voice use different pathways..

in basic terms, a phone with data is like having DSL at your house.. you have voice/data one that 1 line. They can provide data or stop data anytime..

same with carriers.. if carrier A(small carrier) says that carrier B's(big carrier) data rates are too high and not profitable, they(carrier A) wont provide data to the end user when Roaming.

Whenever you are driving around town, you aren't connecting to 100% of Cellular South's towers everytime.. you're roaming on a few of other carriers who have agreements with each other.. Cellular South is a small unknown carrier in alot of America..so I imagine it's agreements only include voice for alot of it's areas for roaming.

The agreements are necessary.. If there were no agreements between the carriers, the moment you went out of Cellular South's tower range, your call would just drop and you'd go into SOS mode.
    11-02-08 10:43 AM
    I just got a new Macbook and tried to no avail to set up a bluetooth tether on my world edition. It just tells me authentication failed. I am roaming right now in North Carolina, so i feel that its because i am roaming that i cannot connect; since yall are seeing the same problem.

Data cannot be disabled though, because i can still access the internet from my phone just fine, i have great service, and i am in 1xEV.

I think maybe it is in the dial in number, as I cannot use any of Csouths quick numbers, like #PAY or any of that.

I love the rates on plans from csouth, but there is a world of technology out there that we dont have. I would love to stream youtube, use GPS, and so on.
    11-30-08 04:16 AM
    I have been working on this connect while roaming, and i came accross a modem script for my mac. Installed it and set up my 8830 as vender and model Blackberry 8830. Used no username, password, nor number and connected...... to something.... gave me an IP address, there are two bars one is sent other is received. Best i can tell, I can send information, but i never receive anything.... in other words.. while trying to load something i get action in my sent bar but never any in my received bar. Maybe someone knows a little more about modem scripts or can use what i have found to get something going.....
    11-30-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD