Obviously, something needs to be done and probably the sooner the better. Do you think the next earnings call will be the trigger, or will the Board try and go private beforehand to avoid any further value erosion?
    09-01-13 01:15 AM
    the big announcement meaning that they are going private?

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    09-01-13 01:41 AM
    This weekend would be great,the sooner the better.
    09-01-13 01:53 AM
    Big announcement...oh you mean z30 release day right?

Support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    09-01-13 02:01 AM
    Unless BBRY has some stunningly good news I do not expect to hear anything of import from them until or just after the earnings report. If there is bad news to report they need to wait until then...unless of course they want to see their stock trading at near junk levels.
    09-01-13 10:23 AM
    Big announcement.... You could be talking about:

1) Privatization
    2) BBM on Android/iOS
    3) Z30
    4) Hiring a marketing guru and firing Frank
    5) Earnings warning
    6) Release of 10.2
    7) Something relating to M2M
    8) Availability of a big name app such as Instagram
    09-01-13 10:31 AM
    Maybe they wait the bad Q2 report, so the value of blackberry decrease and so they can buy blackberry for a very cheap price or go private without invest too much...

Maybe this is why they make this announcement, so the price of blackberry will drop down, or maybe the potential buyer wait for the Q2 for the same reason ?!
    ryanza likes this.
    09-01-13 11:34 AM
    If the Z30 is equally as disappointing in terms of sales as the Z10 and Q10 were, then I really think it's a huge nail in the coffin.
    09-02-13 01:30 AM
    Big announcement.... You could be talking about:

1) Privatization
    2) BBM on Android/iOS
    3) Z30
    4) Hiring a marketing guru and firing Frank
    5) Earnings warning
    6) Release of 10.2
    7) Something relating to M2M
    8) Availability of a big name app such as Instagram
    I think their next announcement will be cross-platform BBM being released.

As for your M2M suggestion. I think I would love to see them announce that they have purchased Sierra Wireless. I'm usually against all those people who say that they should buy company A or company B ect. But Sierra wireless will help them transform & move more into the M2M business. There is a perception out there that BlackBerrys are terrible phones. This is not true, but the average consumer does not know this. They mostly buy their phones based on what their friends & the carrier sales person tell them. In M2M the purchasing decisions are made by companies who make way more informed purchasing decisions. QNX is a great kernel, they need to take every advantage of it that they can. QNX + Sierra Wireless is a winning strategic combination. Even if they can't afford to buy it right out, they should buy controlling shares in it.
    dudoo likes this.
    09-02-13 03:29 AM
    Hey OP...could you be any more VAGUE???
    AshDeezy likes this.
    09-02-13 10:53 AM
    Hey OP...could you be any more VAGUE???
    I think it is fairly clear that the OP is talking about the results of the strategic review that BlackBerry announced last month.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-02-13 11:50 AM
    The big announcement....

....they're making the Storm 3!

(disclaimer: this is not true)

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    kbz1960 and eldricho like this.
    09-02-13 04:18 PM
    I think it is fairly clear that the OP is talking about the results of the strategic review that BlackBerry announced last month.

Posted via CB10
    Do we not all think that the only review that's going on is determining whether the big 'For Sale' sign is bright and shiny enough? Do we really expect the group to report? What can they say?

Sent from my HTC One using CB Forums mobile app
    09-02-13 04:44 PM
    The big, material announcement will be after the close on a Friday and just before the quarter report. I suspect
    the company
    divisions will be restructured as stand alone corporpate subsidiaries so they can be sold or dividended out to
    shareholders and or IPO'd. A smaller, leaner company means more cuts until the company is cash flow positive
    as a "niche player".....expect the stock to be murdered in after hours and for retail investors, a big gap to the
    downside the following Monday. Hopefully we have all learned our lessons from the last quarter report. Also,
    something along these lines has been telegraphed by conversations like that with the director, Norberg.
    prescott19 and kevinnugent like this.
    09-02-13 05:00 PM
    +1

Straight from the Z10 in my hands.
    09-02-13 07:47 PM
    The big, material announcement will be after the close on a Friday and just before the quarter report. I suspect
    the company
    divisions will be restructured as stand alone corporpate subsidiaries so they can be sold or dividended out to
    shareholders and or IPO'd. A smaller, leaner company means more cuts until the company is cash flow positive
    as a "niche player".....expect the stock to be murdered in after hours and for retail investors, a big gap to the
    downside the following Monday. Hopefully we have all learned our lessons from the last quarter report. Also,
    something along these lines has been telegraphed by conversations like that with the director, Norberg.
    +1 to your comment.

Straight from the Z10 in my hands.
    09-02-13 07:48 PM
    BBRY (and RIM) have made numerous big announcements. None of which made any significant impact.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    09-02-13 07:52 PM
    9/27/2013

or "soon" whichever comes first.
    09-02-13 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    You would think, given Blackberry haven't had any good announcements lately, this would be fairly obvious.
    09-02-13 09:18 PM
    the company
    I tend to agree with pretty much everything you've said.

The only other option I see is for Prem Watsa to take Blackberry private with the aid of a few Funds. Then the garage sale would start.
    09-02-13 09:21 PM
    9/27/2013

or "soon" whichever comes first.
    This is my thought, I wish it was tomorrow!

Swiped On My Zed10
    09-02-13 09:41 PM
    Maybe they will release BBM on Android& iOS this week in Berlin....if they wait until the 21st it will be swallowed up by all the news around people buying the new iPhones

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 11:15 AM
    The earnings call after the Z30 has penetrated the markets will be the key one to focus on. If the Z30 shows to be a hit, the stock will rally. If the Z30 shows to be a miss, the stock will tank. If the Z30 fails, the negative press will grind their already faltering reputation right into the ground, and it will be a company that's pretty much done in the mobile phone market, and will be sold.
    09-03-13 03:28 PM
    Realistically wouldn't the best time to go private be when the stock is at it's lowest.
    09-03-13 07:42 PM
    Microsoft-Nokia deal spells doom for BlackBerry

Analysts are now suggesting the MFST - NOKIA deal is the death knell for Blackberry.
    09-03-13 08:08 PM
40 12