Leaving the release of the latest "iWhatever," where people line up outside stores--when do people actually buy smartphones?

I think it's logical to assume the holiday season is a prime selling time.

Are there any other times?

Maybe part of the poor sales performance for BlackBerry 10 devices stems from BlackBerry 10 being released after the holiday season, when many people had already scooped up a new cell phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:06 PM
    back to school and christmas are the big seasons

and yes missing christmas time certainly hurt BB IMO
    07-12-13 10:08 PM
    So then BlackBerry needs to get going and generate a marketing campaign that shows definite advantages to using a BlackBerry for getting schoolwork done and socializing.

Have three college kids sitting next to each other in a lecture taking notes. Have the guy on the Android/iOS phone making all kinds of writing errors while the two kids on the Z10 and Q10 have their fingers whipping around to get it all down.

Cut later to one kid studying his poorly-typed notes, while the Z10 and Q10 user do a video chat over BBM on their way to meat their smoking hot dates.

Keep it moving.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:26 PM
    back to school and christmas are the big seasons

and yes missing christmas time certainly hurt BB IMO
    Is back to school really that big? Serious question only because I was unaware of that.
    07-12-13 10:37 PM
    Is back to school really that big? Serious question only because I was unaware of that.
    yeah lots of parents getting their kids phones going of to college and such. Its not as big as it was since most "kids" now get phones even before high school but its still a big time
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-12-13 10:42 PM
    Yes but the demand has to come from the young adults going off to university.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    07-12-13 10:49 PM
    What feature(s) of BB10 would appeal most to young people?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 10:58 PM
    So then BlackBerry needs to get going and generate a marketing campaign that shows definite advantages to using a BlackBerry for getting schoolwork done and socializing.

Have three college kids sitting next to each other in a lecture taking notes. Have the guy on the Android/iOS phone making all kinds of writing errors while the two kids on the Z10 and Q10 have their fingers whipping around to get it all down.

Cut later to one kid studying his poorly-typed notes, while the Z10 and Q10 user do a video chat over BBM on their way to meat their smoking hot dates.

Keep it moving.

Posted via CB10
    The assumed typing advantage will be one that is tough to convey for a myriad of reasons, IMHO.

What other advantages do you think BB10 has over the competition for students?
    07-12-13 10:59 PM
    The integration of the Remember app with Evernote, though other platforms can do that with a third-party app.

Possibly the quick multi-tasking.

BBM would be the big thing, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:04 PM
    Oh, StoryMaker is a good one too. I'm not sure how you'd show it in an advertisement, but I think it's a fantastic app.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 11:08 PM