I've been a CrackBerry since 2006 and havent turned back. I didnt get into using apps until 2008 (sad to say). I thought it was cool to have some things on it, but never realized how helpful they could be.

I now have the 8900 as my personal phone and can't let it go. I have multiple apps on it, but apparently cant live without Google Maps, Viigo, Slacker, and Poynt. I wont go into too much detail to bore you, but here's my story...

I agreed to go on a trip with my girlfriend to Dallas for the weekend to visit one of her friends - I cant stand being stuck in a car during long road trips. We're looking at approx a 4-hour trip. Plus, it doesnt help much that we both have different tastes in music. I brought along my noise-reduction headphones to listen to my music during the ride. (Best $40 I recently spent if you asked me)

We leave San Antonio around 3pm in cold, rainy weather and hit Austin pretty soon. ATX rush hour traffic blows and ended up adding another 1 1/2 hours to the trip. Luckily, around North Austin, I pulled out Google Maps and found an alternate route around the congestion and FINALLY got us out of there. (Should've thought of that sooner.) Since I had my phone out, I plugged in my headphones and started to Slacker out with my cache radio stations. (By the way, didnt know Slacker had a comedy channel - HILARIOUS stuff on there!) We get passed Waco later in the trip, and BOOM - more congestion for 20 - 30 mins. Good 'ol Goog Maps found us another route and laughed at the almost mile-long "parking lot" as we exited. Mind you, I'm still doing the Slacker thing the whole time and my GF is wondering what I'm laughing at for 20 mins (Comedy station).

There was only so much I could look at during the trip, so "click" - hello Viigo. Read all of my latest stories and articles during the ATX "bumper cars" and various points until we get to DFW. Apparently the new ipod nano sucks.

When we finally get to the DFW area, 6+ hour total trip thanks to the damn traffic jams and rainy weather! - I was using the Goog to get us around the whole time. Also, Poynt was kind enough to find me corner stores for the hangover medicine, restaurants to replenish my energy, gas stations to replenish the car, and bars to make me hungover again!

I gotta say, Viigo and Slacker really made this trip bearable. Plus, the GF was happy to listen to her own music at the same time. Google and Poynt made getting around simple. The funny thing is, I brought my laptop and PSP to entertain and guide me during the trip and never had to use them once. That's when I realized that BlackBerry is the way to go...

What about you all - When did you learn that you didnt need anything else?
    03-15-09 07:59 PM
    Ended up on the HOV in Houston by mistake (alone and quite illegal). Finally dumped me in the middle of downtown Houston. Pulled over and cranked up VZNavigator. No problem. Doctor Neutron
    03-15-09 10:51 PM
    I've only had mine since Feb. I got it because I organize a charity bbq cook off and pretty much one day a year I can't afford to "go dark." Well this weekend I was going to visit one of my sponsors, I saw the phone flashing but was driving and couldn't check it. Got to the parking lot to find that they had to close shop to make some deliveries. With out the berry it would have been a while before I could check my email to find out what happened. It also seems to make waits in dentist/dr offices a lot shorter...they must know I'm not bored so they come on and help.
    03-15-09 10:56 PM
    I got lost turn on BB GPS got me home yay I love my BB !
    03-15-09 11:02 PM
    Mine makes saves several times a week. Had a customer we couldn't contact after hours and our computers were down for maintainance, and I had to get there for delivery before work would be done. Plug in an addy on Google maps, I'm at the gate at 4am, ready to unload. Daughter calls me one day trying to get an alignment on her car, I'm 700 miles from home. I pulled up several shops in area, found one that would get her taken care of on Saturday, copied their # and sent it off to her with a contact name and appt time in about 5 mins.

She loves her new BB and Google, by the way. Especially after the new 3.0.2 download on Gmaps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:18 PM
    Not a Blackberry, but my Dell Axim was used a lot while deployed in Iraq. Used it to store Iraqi Police records (fro identification and security), as well as marking explosives and mines on satellite images of the area....
    I do hope not to have to use my Bold the same way.
    03-16-09 02:58 PM
    It saves me from complete boredom at work everey day.

Today started up my music file and hooked it to input on stereo at work. Evereyone says "You can do that with your phone?" I said "its not a phone its a BlackBerry."

03-16-09 03:19 PM
    Me too I was out at a meeting, had a little crisis and had to call an overseas supplier from my mobile...I logged in to my account with JaJah.com, which calls the overseas number thru my phone, at a fraction of a normal mobile phone call, and presto...got the problem solved! Coooool!
    03-16-09 03:23 PM
    Great testimonial for BB from a real life usage! Thanks for sharing.
    03-16-09 03:55 PM
    Here is my testimonial:

between realities: Tech to the rescue!
    03-16-09 04:56 PM
    Not quite lifesaving (or "moral"), but my calculus professor let me take a midterm in a commons area, so I was able to look up the trapezoidal method and Simpson's rule on my BB to get a couple questions correct. I still didn't do well on the test but my BB got me a letter grade higher.
    03-17-09 01:31 AM
    I took a trip driving from NY to chicago and back. Got stuck on the highway behind a jacknifed truck for 5 hours. Plugged the BB into a laptop and tethered my way through those 5 grueling hours.

Took a bike ride today and used instamapper to track my ride and listened to live radio with moodio on the go. And used Google maps to route my route.

03-17-09 06:40 AM
    I needed to find the closest bar within walking distance of my hotel when I was out of town because drinking and driving = stupid. I fired up Poynt on my 8900 and VOILA, frosted barley pop goodness just 1/4 mile away!

Thanks BB!
    03-17-09 06:43 AM
    two men were arguing up a storm in a bar about when some specific fishing season started in ny and would not listen to anyone i pulled out my bold in 30 seconds i had the date and where the best places would be, and got free drinks all night
    03-17-09 03:24 PM
    my bb saves me everyday of the week
    03-17-09 04:50 PM
    two men were arguing up a storm in a bar about when some specific fishing season started in ny and would not listen to anyone i pulled out my bold in 30 seconds i had the date and where the best places would be, and got free drinks all night
    Dont you think the fact that you are a pretty woman had something to do with it? I do!
    03-17-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD