When a BlackBerry meant you were privileged | MaaS360 Blog

I always like cool little stories like these,it wasn't that long ago where Blackberry was the supreme ruler in the smartphone industry.Being a berry addict myself,I remember back in the days where I would be looking at these great devices and hoping to get my hands on them one day.

With so many useless post in these forums nowadays,I decided to post one too but atleast mine brings back some old memories.
    darkangel07760 likes this.
    05-30-11 09:54 PM
    Funny!
    05-31-11 12:00 AM
    We were once the superior smartphone, but not anymore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 01:54 AM
    I begged the lord Jesus Christ for over a year for an 83xx. Shortly after I got the 89xx a week before release. THEN I ended up getting a 97xx in flash white to tag along with the 89xx. Then I ended up getting a 9650! MEMORIES!!! Now I'm test driving the Android platform till the 9930 drops

05-31-11 02:45 AM
    We were once the superior smartphone, but not anymore.

I guess it depends on the definition of superiority...

I love my BB Torch (although it has its glitches) for what it can do reliably, which is to get me my email, my messages and take care of my communication needs. Now with a PB attached I can do more stuff.

I don't need my phone to make me a triple shot lattes, walk my dog, play with my bunny, feed the fish. I need it to be there when I need it; to get me my emails when they land in my box, to let me control what emails I need/should respond to right away and which ones I can ignore until I get home.

I need a phone that will open PDFs, docs, spreadsheets without having to download apps etc.

I watch my colleagues and friends struggle with their iPhones to do some of the basic stuff I do and watch their bewilderment on why they didn't get the email the same time I did when they're sitting next to me and they've been cc'd on it and we're on the same network.

So to me my BB is still a superior phone for all it can do.

Is superiority measured by bells, whistles and speed of browser? Perhaps for some, but I think if you're a BB user superiority is measure by reliability and speed of your communications.
    05-31-11 11:05 AM
    I guess it depends on the definition of superiority...

I love my BB Torch (although it has its glitches) for what it can do reliably, which is to get me my email, my messages and take care of my communication needs. Now with a PB attached I can do more stuff.

I don't need my phone to make me a triple shot lattes, walk my dog, play with my bunny, feed the fish. I need it to be there when I need it; to get me my emails when they land in my box, to let me control what emails I need/should respond to right away and which ones I can ignore until I get home.

I need a phone that will open PDFs, docs, spreadsheets without having to download apps etc.

I watch my colleagues and friends struggle with their iPhones to do some of the basic stuff I do and watch their bewilderment on why they didn't get the email the same time I did when they're sitting next to me and they've been cc'd on it and we're on the same network.

So to me my BB is still a superior phone for all it can do.

Is superiority measured by bells, whistles and speed of browser? Perhaps for some, but I think if you're a BB user superiority is measure by reliability and speed of your communications.
    The article was about how those who wanted to receive email on their phones were blackberry users and only those deemed worthy by their companies could have one. Now many platforms can do the same and it has opened up the ability to enjoy those things to many more people. No longer is it mandated only by corporate executives.
    05-31-11 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD