After 8 months with my Sony I finally said enough is enough. Don't get me wrong the phone is brilliant in a lot of ways:

Great camera
    Amazing video recording
    Swype is every bit as good as the BlackBerry touch keyboard(just different)
    Screen size is perfect
    Waterproof is great to have for those days where you end up working outside in the rain(It happens every now and then)
    App availability is great!
    Love being able to change themes
    Love the Sony Walkman player
    Chrome for the most part works beautifully and has FLASH!!!

But I am tired of daily random reboots. The battery life that used to be a consistent two if not three days has fallen to one. Its laggy like serious lag. Apps crash. Lack of multitasking is grating(I just like being able to play Youtube in the background, so sue me!). The power button no longer turns it off oh and call quality had become deplorable.

Anyways I think most of my issues can be taken care of with that phone through warranty but for right now I have my Z10.

First impressions.

It lags. Lol well not right now but that initial setup period a couple minutes ago it was lagging BAD. Now that its all settled back in runs like a charm. The keyboard is so accurate. No downloading a third party app, it just works. Multitasking is back. The apps I use are on it still. RBC, Cineplex, TimmyMe, SoundHound, etc.

Got my Hub going, verified my contacts, got my apps back, though skipped on WhatsApp for now.
    Oh and the simplicity of setting up my email accounts, its like the piece de resistance!!!

So far? I'm Lovin it!!!
    Last edited by BoldPreza; 04-29-15 at 05:47 PM.
    Bbnivende and Anthony_2u like this.
    04-29-15 05:01 PM
    now you will need/want to do this:Install Google Play on your BB10 Device
    04-29-15 05:11 PM
    No thanks. I don't need them. Even with the Sony the apps I already listed and noted were what I downloaded aside from calculators, Swype keyboard and flash lights which are already properly built in to BlackBerry anyway.

My calculator widget was nice but as noted above it stopped working after the phone shut down a couple of months ago.
    04-29-15 05:46 PM
    Welcome to the dark side :-)

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-29-15 05:57 PM
    Congrats, and welcome back, ... in black! :-D

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-29-15 06:00 PM
    Yeah they tend to lag when they are first set up, it's a weird 10.3 issue
    04-29-15 06:08 PM
    One issue I found is she of phone. Z30 obviously solves this but that is my only issue. All lag gone now battery holding very strong for me can't believe how happy I am with this thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-15 01:37 PM
    Lack of multitasking is grating(I just like being able to play Youtube in the background, so sue me!).
    This has exactly zero to do with multitasking. The YouTube app is specifically and purposely written not to run if you put it in the background. That's done so you don't accidentally run down your battery or use all your data. It could have easily been written differently, but YouTube developers felt that this was the best way to go. It works this way on all platforms where the YouTube team developed the app, though there are open APIs so that others can develop compatible apps, and some of them have chosen to write their app so that YouTube will continue to run minimized, even on Android.

So, again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Android's (or any OS's) ability to multitask.
    paulwallace1234 and Bbnivende like this.
    04-30-15 05:15 PM
    This has exactly zero to do with multitasking. The YouTube app is specifically and purposely written not to run if you put it in the background. That's done so you don't accidentally run down your battery or use all your data. It could have easily been written differently, but YouTube developers felt that this was the best way to go. It works this way on all platforms where the YouTube team developed the app, though there are open APIs so that others can develop compatible apps, and some of them have chosen to write their app so that YouTube will continue to run minimized, even on Android.

So, again, this has nothing whatsoever to do with Android's (or any OS's) ability to multitask.
    It's a common theme here. Download a 3rd party YouTube app or use the web version like Blackberry uses and any video will run in the background.
    04-30-15 05:21 PM
    Thanks for the tip guys. When I reactivate the Sony after the repairs I'll do that.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 11:05 AM