Beyond or despite what will be the future of BB10, what could be the reason why Whatsapp decided to extend the use of its app for Blackberry10 and BBOS for six months?
    06-19-17 04:06 PM
    Still has a large active base of users, increased competition from other chat apps.
    06-19-17 04:30 PM
    Indonesia....
    06-19-17 04:34 PM
    wel technically the app works so unless something changes and the app works and doesnt require any changes there isnt a good reason to pull the plug. now if something on their server requires a change for security and then the bb10 app needs to be updated etc then pulling the plug becomes easy choice
    06-19-17 04:34 PM
    My thought is that their plan for new features has been delayed, so they might as well let the BB10 stragglers stay on a bit longer.
    elfabio80 and eshropshire like this.
    06-19-17 04:38 PM
    Beyond or despite what will be the future of BB10, what could be the reason why Whatsapp decided to extend the use of its app for Blackberry10 and BBOS for six months?
    Whatsapp had their roadmap.
    Now they have a new roadmap courtesy of their overlord.
    06-19-17 05:04 PM
    My thought is that their plan for new features has been delayed, so they might as well let the BB10 stragglers stay on a bit longer.
    thats most likely. Whenever they go Venmo and add payment capability thru the app then they won't bring BB10 along for it and it will end.
    06-19-17 05:13 PM
    My thought to that are:
    Not WhatsApp or Facebook are ditching BlackBerry.
    I'd say BlackBerry is cutting off those things in order to move all consumers to Android.

Which would mean BlackBerry is just responsible for delivering their security patches & productivity apps - which saves A LOOOOT of money.

But now it still seems too early to make a cut here - lots of OS10 users would rather go away from BlackBerry than switching to Android-Berry.

So it still takes a bit of time for them to build up a new fanbase - starting off with the KEYone.
    That long, they will keep their OS10-users to calm shareholders down...

Consumer (iOS and Android) BBM already is outsourced, consumer BBM servers are...
    Rest will follow.

Outsourcing, outsourcing, outsourcing...

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:15 PM
    My thought to that are:
    I'd say BlackBerry is cutting off those things in order to move all consumers to Android.
    I assume you're kidding.

Facebook cut off third parties because they no longer support public APIs. They are satisfied that their two apps can reach 99.9% of the globe.

WhatsApp is withdrawing support because they know the BB10 user numbers and have decided it's no longer worth developing for it. Same as above. Two apps = 99.9% coverage.
    06-19-17 05:36 PM
    Maybe their CEO still uses a BlackBerry :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:46 PM
    I assume you're kidding.

Facebook cut off third parties because they no longer support public APIs. They are satisfied that their two apps can reach 99.9% of the globe.

WhatsApp is withdrawing support because they know the BB10 user numbers and have decided it's no longer worth developing for it. Same as above. Two apps = 99.9% coverage.
    Nope. I'm serious about that.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-17 05:46 PM
    But now it still seems too early to make a cut here - lots of OS10 users would rather go away from BlackBerry than switching to Android-Berry.
    Oh for Pete sake, BlackBerry does not give a flying fig about BB10 users. If you get your 10.3.4 consider yourself lucky. You folks would not get with the program so they wrote you off. Got it? Just stop please!
    06-19-17 05:48 PM
    To watch the remaining dozen users squirm?
    06-19-17 05:54 PM
    To watch the remaining dozen users squirm?
    Seriously I was thinking that too.

Whatsapp's inner reasons...-da3ba1d7f158f0e10b8e6815feac77b9.jpg
    06-19-17 05:57 PM
    I assume you're kidding.

You now got pulled in by this guy in two different threads ;-)
    Last edited by hplovecraft; 06-21-17 at 05:46 PM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-21-17 03:50 PM
    My thought to that are:

Which would mean BlackBerry is just responsible for delivering their security patches & productivity apps - which saves A LOOOOT of money.

So it still takes a bit of time for them to build up a new fanbase - starting off with the KEYone.
    That long, they will keep their OS10-users to calm shareholders down...

Consumer (iOS and Android) BBM already is outsourced, consumer BBM servers are...
    Rest will follow.

Outsourcing, outsourcing, outsourcing...

Posted via CB10
    No, it's just whatsapp giving you the middle finger publicly so we're here just here to LOL
    06-21-17 03:53 PM
    it doesn't work, been having issues with it since the update on Q10. tried alls sorts, delete and reinstall, keeps saying app too old and to update, and already updated in BBW.
    06-22-17 03:31 AM
    it doesn't work, been having issues with it since the update on Q10. tried alls sorts, delete and reinstall, keeps saying app too old and to update, and already updated in BBW.
    I was having the same issue. The fix is discussed in this thread. I followed the suggestions and the native app is working perfectly on my Classic now.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12933994
    06-22-17 10:47 AM