Guys. Calm down, it will come to bb10. Unless they want to lose millions of customers
    2nd

It is impossible to believe they would drop such an important app. There are many countries were whatsapp is so important just because of the costs of sms. Believing former users will come back to BB for the BBM is being naive. My bbm contacts are going down while whatsapp contacts are going up. Blackberry's market in general has shrunk and in my environment is still shrinking. Take away the possibility for us BB users to have free (as good as) contact with our andoid and iphone contacts won't do BB any good.

Maybe not from launch, but I simply cannot believe it will be left unattended. WP8 had the same issue if not mistaken ...
    12-17-12 12:12 PM
    Who cares about whatscrap?
    Apparently, more than 100 million Android Users, and whoever else sends one of over 4 billion messages a day. Dunno how many iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows users do, but apparently, it's a bunch. Do not assume your apathy is shared. There are over 24 million who have paid .99 for it on iTunes, at least showing on Facebook. It isn't free on BB, but I have friends that use it to stay in touch.
    kevinnugent, Moonbase0ne and Rello like this.
    12-17-12 01:15 PM
    Apparently, more than 100 million Android Users, and whoever else sends one of over 4 billion messages a day. Dunno how many iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows users do, but apparently, it's a bunch. Do not assume your apathy is shared. There are over 24 million who have paid .99 for it on iTunes, at least showing on Facebook. It isn't free on BB, but I have friends that use it to stay in touch.
    Thank you.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-17-12 01:42 PM
    Before Whatsapp came people used Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, Live Messenger etc
    Before Facebook came along people were using My Space.

People are fickle, not long from now few will remember Whatsapp after the next big thing comes along.
    Jake Storm and BBMak like this.
    12-17-12 01:52 PM
    so? Oo
    that's not gonna happen anytime soon, so everyone continues using WhatsApp for now and as long as my friends still use it.. i'd like to do the same (on BB10)
    12-17-12 02:01 PM
    WhatsApp is the closest functionality to BBM I've even tried. Messaging works fine, sharing works fine, and it is integrated into a handset very similar to BBM. I have been able to share music with the group I have established all at once. You can change the Wallpapers on WhatsApp, group size is 30, and it has a full field of emojis that requires a secondary app on BBM. It is a solid app, and one thing that I appreciate, because of the tech-heads I know, when someone upgrades, my device can be used without turning into a rotating clock display for up to half an hour or longer. After dozens of experiences with my friends on BBM during their (ahem) frequent reloads or updates, I consider this a blessing by itself. There are few things more infuriating than trying to use your device during one of these, including a large number of missed turns wjile navigating in places where you might have missed the turn 5 minutes back, and then comes the fun of trying to turn around a 70 foot truck in the middle of BFE.
    12-17-12 05:53 PM
    Thank you.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    You're welcome. I dunno why someone of professed apathy cares enough to post, anyway.
    12-17-12 05:56 PM

People are fickle, not long from now few will remember Whatsapp after the next big thing comes along.
    It's true they (we) are fickle. It's also true that once a communication app becomes popular enough, it's hard to compete with it. Many people have pointed out that in various technical respects Skype is not the best, but it doesn't matter. It's Skype! People expect to have it and that's all there it's to it. It's easier to exercise your fickleness with apps that aren't about communication; you don't have to hope all your contacts will tag along.

I don't know if WhatsApp is in this bracket yet. Just from reading this thread I installed it on my Blaze. Seems I have one WhatsApp contact, so I don't think it's make or break for me. But it doesn't matter; if tens of millions of people are using it, not having it on BB10 matters. It shouldn't take 14 pages of posts to establish that.
    Seijuro, Rello, BergerKing and 1 others like this.
    12-17-12 06:23 PM
    I just hope that Whatsapp releases a message saying it was all a misunderstanding and that they will be on BB10 from day 1. I for one will just use the Android port as all my friends are on a group chat and we communicate daily. It's just how many people will decide not to get BB10 when they find out Whatsapp isn't on the platform. I for one think that is a basic app, and once I hear Whatsapp is not there I immediately start thinking what else isn't there. Everyone talks about how great of a job RIM has been doing with developer relations, but how do you not convince the company who has one of the biggest cross platform messaging apps to be there from the start.

Guaranteed at least 1 person will go into Verizon or wherever and see the new BB10 phone, look it over, then go to app world and see Whatsapp not there and then put the phone back on the shelf. So what's the real number of people that will do that. More than 1 I'm sure.
    12-18-12 05:13 AM
    Guaranteed at least 1 person will go into Verizon or wherever and see the new BB10 phone, look it over, then go to app world and see Whatsapp not there and then put the phone back on the shelf. So what's the real number of people that will do that. More than 1 I'm sure.
    WhatsApp is not really a big deal in the US. It's very doubtful the lack of WhatsApp will have any meaningful influence on sales of BB10 devices in the US. Europe however, is another matter entirely. There are countries in Europe where WhatsApp has something like 75% penetration among smartphone users, with about 80% of smartphone owners using it daily. In India WhatsApp recently signed a deal with a telco that installs WhatsApp on their feature phones. Lack of WhatsApp could potentially impact BB10 adoption in those respective markets.
    12-18-12 05:45 AM
    Why would BlackBerry lose its uniqueness or would RIM be in danger, if they were to launch a simplified version of BBM 10 (let's say BBM 7) on iOS/Android/WP? Eventually their goal is to migrate their current user base from their legacy OS's to their BlackBerry 10 platform anyway - especially in the 'emerging' markets where most of the BBM userbase currently resides. Agreed, there is a risk that those markets might opt for cheaper (?) Android devices if BBM 7 were to launch on this platform. But if Blackberry 10, and in particular BBM 10, are that much better than the alternatives (BBM 7 cross-platform, Whatsapp, ...), there's really not much to lose if you ask me. Bring out cheaper BlackBerry 10 handsets to satisfy those markets. And for BBM 7 on other platforms: ensure that the experience stays superior to its closest competitor, but keep the good stuff on BlackBerry 10 only. The upside (becoming the most popular cross-platform messaging experience) is much higher than the downside (losing out on potential sales to people migrating from legacy BlackBerry OS's to other platforms that will end up using BBM 7).

I believe this is only a matter of time. If I could guess.. around the release date of a cheaper BlackBerry 10 handset?
    12-18-12 06:33 AM
    I could really care less about WhatsApp, though I use it from time to time, it's push delay on all platforms is annoying. Msgs are never received instantaneously if the app isn't in the foreground or active.

My opinion is that RIM doesn't need to make BBM itself cross-platform. They can just allow LiveProfile (which they already own) and is already PIN based to connect to the BBM servers via some type of federation. They should then obviously limit it to individual and group chats only, and if users want audio and/or video conferencing they still need to get a BB10 device. This is just wishful thinking on my part... but they must have purchased LiveProfile for a reason.
    12-18-12 11:04 AM
    i think they will be open to making the app available for bb10 once its released. if 10million people buy the new bb then they would miss out on potentially 10milion in revenue since the app is $1 per yr.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 03:06 PM
    WhatsApp is not really a big deal in the US. It's very doubtful the lack of WhatsApp will have any meaningful influence on sales of BB10 devices in the US. Europe however, is another matter entirely. There are countries in Europe where WhatsApp has something like 75% penetration among smartphone users, with about 80% of smartphone owners using it daily. In India WhatsApp recently signed a deal with a telco that installs WhatsApp on their feature phones. Lack of WhatsApp could potentially impact BB10 adoption in those respective markets.
    I live in NY, and its big to me and big to all my friends. Its plain embarrassing having to tell them all they need to find another app just because my Blackberry does not have whatsapp. My 9900 already looks like a joke to their Droid DNA & SG3. I think BB10 will be something different and have been talking it up for a while. It just does not help my argument having such a popular app not there.
    12-18-12 03:36 PM
    OK no WhatsApp, we need RIM no tell us which cross-platform messaging app will be available on BB10 at launch. They can't afford not to have any of them.
    12-18-12 07:53 PM
    O.k. I just read the article in the blogs.
    Really? Can't people just use SMS if the person they are contacting doesn't have BBM? Or am I missing something?
    Sounds like a lot of people just come to CrackBerry for their daily dose of drama.
    I was forced to use whatsapp because all my friends where ditching their blackberries for iphones and Androids. It was the only way for me to keep in touch.

To answer, your question, SMS is not a replacement for Whatsapp, especially when communicating with friends or families that are out of country. SMS would cost money in this instance and Whatsapp is free.

This is disappointing news. It is as if organizations are trying their hardest to shut out Blackberry and make them a failure.

I will be the first to point out a conspiracy theory. Is Apple or Google paying developers money to not develop for BB10??
    12-18-12 09:50 PM
    I was forced to use whatsapp because all my friends where ditching their blackberries for iphones and Androids. It was the only way for me to keep in touch.

To answer, your question, SMS is not a replacement for Whatsapp, especially when communicating with friends or families that are out of country. SMS would cost money in this instance and Whatsapp is free.

This is disappointing news. It is as if organizations are trying their hardest to shut out Blackberry and make them a failure.

I will be the first to point out a conspiracy theory. Is Apple or Google paying developers money to not develop for BB10??
    That we don't know but what we do know is Microsoft is paying developers to make apps for WP8 so maybe they expect the same from RIM.
    12-19-12 03:10 AM
    I need whatsapp. everybody is using it over here!!
    12-19-12 03:50 AM
    I need whatsapp. everybody is using it over here!!
    RIM should throw some money their way. Maybe that's what Whatsapp wants? Or Whatsapp should develop a BB10 app and charge a few bucks for it. Don't they want to make money?
    12-19-12 04:07 AM
    i find it unbelievable that majority of people are are denouncing whatsapp the way netflix and skype were slammed for not making a playbook app. you can spam whatsapp all you want, but ultimately it is RIM's job to ensure the critical apps are in place for launch.

Just because a certain app isn't available and you manage to find a whole slew of reasons and articles to attack the app doesn't mean the app is going to lose its top 3 ranking across a whole range of operating systems. RIM should know better and if I don't believe that for all that corporate might, they are unable to negotiate an agreement with the top app vendors. if you want a certain app to be available and if it's crucial enough, drop RIM an email and get them working. Whatsapp isn't going to suddenly decide to make an app for bb10 just because some forum decides to unleash an email wave upon them.

BlackBerry Guy likes this.
    12-19-12 05:06 AM
    i find it unbelievable that majority of people are are denouncing whatsapp the way netflix and skype were slammed for not making a playbook app. you can spam whatsapp all you want, but ultimately it is RIM's job to ensure the critical apps are in place for launch.

Just because a certain app isn't available and you manage to find a whole slew of reasons and articles to attack the app doesn't mean the app is going to lose its top 3 ranking across a whole range of operating systems. RIM should know better and if I don't believe that for all that corporate might, they are unable to negotiate an agreement with the top app vendors. if you want a certain app to be available and if it's crucial enough, drop RIM an email and get them working. Whatsapp isn't going to suddenly decide to make an app for bb10 just because some forum decides to unleash an email wave upon them.

What I find amusing, is all of the Berry users saying "What is Whatsapp, I have never heard of it, so who would need it." Well, I guess I am not surprised. Berry users are only 5% of the market. I guess Whatsapp is satisfied with the prospects of the other 95% using their product.

Whatsapp will not be on blackberry 10-android-market-share.png
    _dimi_ likes this.
    12-19-12 05:16 AM
    What I find amusing, is all of the Berry users saying "What is Whatsapp, I have never heard of it, so who would need it." Well, I guess I am not surprised. Berry users are only 5% of the market. I guess Whatsapp is satisfied with the prospects of the other 95% using their product.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Android Market Share.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	128918
    Interesting! Though I believe they are forward thinking.. hence why they released an app for WP8
    12-19-12 05:25 AM
    Got an answer from WhatApp support:
    "Hi there,
    Thank you for your feedback. We have no immediate plans to support BlackBerry 10 at the moment. But, we do appreciate you taking the time to write in and share with us your concerns. It helps us build a better product!"
    I'm sure it WILL BE on BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using the CrackBerry forum app
    12-30-12 02:47 AM
    They'll be there.
    Maybe not at launch.
    But they'll be there.
    And if not at launch, they'll be wondering how they could have turned down free money...
    And that's the way it is...
    #BB10Believe
    12-30-12 03:05 AM
    It will be there watch
    12-30-12 12:18 PM
230 ... 45678 ...