Whatsapp does not plan on supporting bb10 at launch. I think they will eventually. Thoughts?
    12-15-12 04:03 PM
    It's a dealbreaker for me - I won't purchase a handset that doesn't have it, so if they don't have the app available when it's time for me to upgrade I'll be swinging over to WP8.

That being said, maybe it won't be far down the pipeline after launch. We'll see.
    12-15-12 04:06 PM
    I once got the same reply James got from the makers of an app called Vopium and not long after they did come up with an updated application for my 9900. It's just a standard reply.
    12-15-12 04:08 PM
    Wtf is Whatsapp?

*edit
    I looked it up. Another messaging app...yawn. Aahh, no. That's not going to stop me from buying a BB10 device if it's not available at launch.
    12-15-12 04:10 PM
    what the frack!!!

i just saw the article on crackberry, and it was kinda weird reading it.... i actually didnt see that coming, as i thought they would be willing to continue support for BlackBerry, as its popular on the BB now for those who have iphone/android contacts.... its also a cross platform messaging application... BlackBerry people are another platform!!! please dont leave us out!!!!

looool.... also as RIM have made a huge effort of making applications easy to develop for blackberry10, i would have imagined whatsapp would have gone for it.

sideloaing the android version it is then....
    12-15-12 04:10 PM
    I wrote in the comments. Alec Saunders wrote a while back in a tweet that he expects whatsapp to be there, based on their previous support of bbos. This might not longer be the case, and I think someone should tell him that over twitter. All whatsapp have to do right now is drop the android version know and not have to do any work.
    12-15-12 04:12 PM
    O.k. I just read the article in the blogs.
    Really? Can't people just use SMS if the person they are contacting doesn't have BBM? Or am I missing something?
    Sounds like a lot of people just come to CrackBerry for their daily dose of drama.
    12-15-12 04:26 PM
    Just use the android version, just like on the playbook. Lol
    southlander likes this.
    12-15-12 04:27 PM
    I love WhatsApp on my Androids and iPhone. I've only got one contact on BBM so I use that on my BB.
    However, it is not good that this hugely popular app won't be supported. At launch.
    12-15-12 04:30 PM
    Really? Can't people just use SMS if the person they are contacting doesn't have BBM? Or am I missing something?
    Sounds like a lot of people just come to CrackBerry for their daily dose of drama.
    Uses data= lower cost. And you see if they are on whatsapp
    12-15-12 04:31 PM
    I'm probably a rarity these days in that I don't use any of these so-called must-have apps. If I ever need to, I'll just find alternatives. I'm not that picky. SMS, email, and BBM are all I need (and will ever need).

And one or two missing little apps compared to a whole new OS will not be a dealbreaker for me. I don't buy phones based on a single app. But that's just me, and doesn't apply to many others. Besides, where there's a hole, I'm sure another genius dev will fill it soon enough.
    12-15-12 04:36 PM
    Not particularly a big deal for me, or anyone in my area really. if i need it that bad i'll port it. we'll find a way. we always do.
    12-15-12 04:37 PM
    I know things are different on different carriers and around the world. For me, a SMS to an international recipient (even Canada) is an added cost and if I have a conversation that can add up. WhatsApp is like BBM in that it's no cost for me to talk to anyone, anywhere. I use it for business around the world. Until I recently went to shared data plan with unlimited text, I had a limited number as well and while that was not a problem for me, it could be for some. WhatsApp gets around that.

If BB10 wants to play with the big boys Android and iOS, why is it so hard to understand that its important to have the BlackBerry World logo as ubiquitous as iTunes and Play Store when folks see something they want to do with a smartphone. Its this very frustration with BB7 that has me carrying 2 phones right now.
    12-15-12 04:43 PM
    This was a big worry for me so I had actually tweeted Alec Saunders from RIM on the 30th of September 2012......This is the exact tweet... @asaunders plz plz plz have whatsapp messenger available at BB10 launch so I can cross platform message to friends and family.

This was his reply.......whatsapp team have historically been BB supporters. I'm pretty sure they'll be there.

I really hope this is still the case .

#BB10BELIEVE
    12-15-12 05:03 PM
    Although it's highly popular, requested, and provides additional options...

We don't need that anyway.....................
    owadkelly and bodjor like this.
    12-15-12 05:10 PM
    i need and want WhatsApp on BB10
    one of my most used apps, definitely

ABSOLUTELY need it.
    12-15-12 05:23 PM
    Is it drama to be disappointed that a feature some of us find important will not be supported? Feel free to use SMS if that gets the job done for you; I use it as well for many applications, but Whatsapp is an important part of how I communicate with friends and family, using group chats extensively with iPhone and Android users. I also have no reliable cell signal at my residence, but good wifi, so a data-based cross platform app is important to ME.

Just because you don't find something to be a big deal doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't.
    12-15-12 05:33 PM
    Is it drama to be disappointed that a feature some of us find important will not be supported? Feel free to use SMS if that gets the job done for you; I use it as well for many applications, but Whatsapp is an important part of how I communicate with friends and family, using group chats extensively with iPhone and Android users. I also have no reliable cell signal at my residence, but good wifi, so a data-based cross platform app is important to ME.

Just because you don't find something to be a big deal doesn't mean the rest of us shouldn't.
    Agree! It would be really bad if whatsapp won't be on BB10! That's a fact!
    12-15-12 05:45 PM
    Not very productive, but you did ask

@SlcCorrado: "@CrackBerry: Whatsapp confirms they will not be supporting BlackBerry 10 - This is not good!" No, its great. @WhatsApp sucks. Good riddance

Just my opinion though
    12-15-12 05:51 PM
    Agree! It would be really bad if whatsapp won't be on BB10! That's a fact!
    i agree
    NEED WhatsApp on BB10

Go Kevin, start something !! ; )
    12-15-12 05:51 PM
    If it's not on the PlayBook I'm not using it. I'm not sideloading either. I simply use SMS.
    12-15-12 05:58 PM
    WhatsApp not being available at launch for BB10 is worse than WP8 not having a native Facebook app.
    A major blow :-(
    12-15-12 06:06 PM
    I've never known anyone who uses it or has actually heard of it. But I know it's popular. I'm sure they'll eventually take the 30 minutes required to port the app at some point.
    12-15-12 06:08 PM
    We should sideload it first.. Then whatsapp will be available when they see the BB10 sale..

BlackBerryByChoice..
    12-15-12 06:14 PM
    I've never known anyone who uses it or has actually heard of it. But I know it's popular. I'm sure they'll eventually take the 30 minutes required to port the app at some point.
    Right? Except it actually only takes 2 minutes and if you live in the US you probably wouldn't even use it. Its for people who get robbed on sms charges. Its huge in Europe. I've used it and I understand why some people like it, its like bbm except completely unsecured. Still cool though, just not a loss for me personally. Others will clearly be disappointed though
    12-15-12 06:15 PM
230 123 ...