I recently updated WhatsApp to Version 2.8.5325, to find that after the install, my blackberry connection drops.

The connection drops from EDGE to edge. I still have edge, but no connection to my BIS.
    If i turn off all connections and turn them back on, it appears for a little time EDGE and then goes away.
    But with "edge" it allows me to chat via WhatsApp, but cant navigate on the web or BBM "Blackberry Messenger" or any other messaging application, it only works with Whatsapp.
    If i uninstall the WhatsApp, i get my EDGE and BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) back.... but as soon as the latest version of whatsapp is installed the problem starts again.

I had a Blackberry Tour 9630.
    I tried update the System OS to latest version and issue still.
    The problem is only solved with the Whatsapp uninstalled.

Am I the only one experiencing this, or are there others who may have the same problem?
    10-08-12 02:16 PM
    We'd appreciate it if you could please contact support from within WhatsApp when you experience this problem again. This will send us logs that we can use to figure out what's happening with network connections.

Once you write in, please PM me with your phone number so we can cross-reference the ticket.
    10-08-12 07:21 PM
    Having just accepted the 2.8.5325 update on my BB9780, I've found that the option to set BIS Push to Off has gone, and incoming messages are randomly delayed again (as they were before I found the setting in the first place). I really don't care about battery drain, I do care about being certain that my Whatsapp messages can be relied on for swift delivery.

Is there something I'm missing here ??? How can I configure 2.8.5325 to not use BIS ???
    10-15-12 11:11 AM