There is WhatsApp on PC now (although I haven't tried it yet). This should serve as a wake up call to BlackBerry to reconsider having BBM on desktop asap. History repeats itself.

Install Whatsapp on PC – Free Download and Tutorial
    03-08-14 07:51 AM
    Is that legit? Seems like we would have heard more about this, but I guess it could be true.
    03-08-14 07:56 AM
    There is WhatsApp on PC now (although I haven't tried it yet). This should serve as a wake up call to BlackBerry to reconsider having BBM on desktop asap. History repeats itself.

Install Whatsapp on PC – Free Download and Tutorial
    No offense but you know you can do that with BBM too right now? Download BlueStacks and run the BBM Android app on your desktop. It's a PITA given that you have to have a dedicated PIN for your computer and your device but still, there's nothing new here. It's not as if someone made a WhatsApp for PC, you're just running the Android version of WhatsApp through BlueStacks on your desktop. I agree though, they just need to make it available.
    03-08-14 07:59 AM
    Line messenger can do that. You can have them running on pc and phone (android, iphone, symbian) at the same time. No emulator or virtual machine needed and according to stats on various tech sites they have more users than bbm at the moment.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pankaler; 03-08-14 at 08:15 AM.
    03-08-14 08:03 AM
    No offense but you know you can do that with BBM too right now? Download BlueStacks and run the BBM Android app on your desktop. It's a PITA given that you have to have a dedicated PIN for your computer and your device but still, there's nothing new here. It's not as if someone made a WhatsApp for PC, you're just running the Android version of WhatsApp through BlueStacks on your desktop.
    I really don't take any offense. I didn't know we could do that. So is the downloading procedure very simple and straight forward? I want to have BBM on my desktop..
    03-08-14 08:09 AM
    I really don't take any offense. I didn't know we could do that. So is the downloading procedure very simple and straight forward? I want to have BBM on my desktop..
    No you have to install android emulator (bluestack) on your windows, and then download whatsapp on playstore...

Sent using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 08:13 AM
    Whatsapp should definitely introduce the ability to use it on multiple devices!
    I'm using two blackberry devices but can only use whatsapp on one of them and that sucks!

Same with BBM! I mean is it really so hard to introduce since they've got our data on their servers anyway!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 08:17 AM
    No you have to install android emulator (bluestack) on your windows, and then download whatsapp on playstore...

Sent using Tapatalk
    Thanks, but I am talking about how to download BBM on my PC and have it up and running smoothly.
    03-08-14 08:26 AM
    Whatsapp should definitely introduce the ability to use it on multiple devices!
    I'm using two blackberry devices but can only use whatsapp on one of them and that sucks!

Same with BBM! I mean is it really so hard to introduce since they've got our data on their servers anyway!

Posted via CB10
    I'm scratching my head and wondering same thing too.
    03-08-14 08:27 AM
    Thanks, but I am talking about how to download BBM on my PC and have it up and running smoothly.
    And he just told you how...gee

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor, Djlatino and pankaler like this.
    03-08-14 08:29 AM
    Is that legit? Seems like we would have heard more about this, but I guess it could be true.
    It seems it's just recently released, plus it's done by a third party.
    03-08-14 08:30 AM
    And he just told you how...gee

Posted via CB10
    Cool your horses young man. First, not everyone is technically proficient and secondly do you have BBM on your PC?
    Finally, if it is that simple and straight forward to install on the PC, why doesn't all the average users have it?
    03-08-14 08:36 AM
    It's the exact same process, with the only exception being that you download BBM instead of WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 08:39 AM
    It's the exact same process, with the only exception being that you download BBM instead of WhatsApp

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for the clarification. I will try it.
    03-08-14 09:45 AM
    This method of using Bluestacks have been around awhile. I think Viber or Telegram is a better alternative. I prefer Telegram seems faster than Viber. Unless you use the call-feature, only that is Viber >Telegram.
    03-08-14 10:06 AM
    Cool your horses young man. First, not everyone is technically proficient and secondly do you have BBM on your PC?
    Finally, if it is that simple and straight forward to install on the PC, why doesn't all the average users have it?
    I use it (: the average user don't really know about it tho. Its geeky

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-08-14 10:08 AM
    BBM will be on the PC soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 10:24 AM
    BBM will be on the PC soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    I seriously hope so.
    03-08-14 10:41 AM
    I use it (: the average user don't really know about it tho. Its geeky

Posted via CB10
    Quick question, I just tried downloading Bluestack but there were other programs being simultaneously installed on my PC. I find that rather invasive. How do I prevent those programs from downloading on my PC. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    03-08-14 10:46 AM
    It's already coded.
    All it boils down to is when they will release it
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-08-14 10:47 AM
    I've tried bbm on bluestacks only yesterday, it worked, I just can't put up with bluestacks crashing all the time, I'm sure they will sort this out soon.
    I agree that BlackBerry need to do this. Same bbm on phone and on desktop.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    wincyUt likes this.
    03-08-14 10:53 AM
    It's already coded.
    All it boils down to is when they will release it
    Is your info from a reliable source?
    03-08-14 10:58 AM
    So someone can log in to your WhatsApp account and read your messages on any old device? No thanks.

If BBM does come to the desktop, I hope it's via bridge to the device associated with the pin. It would be stupid for BlackBerry to compromise on its uniquely secure pin to pin model.
    03-08-14 11:08 AM
    Is your info from a reliable source?
    I know the person who coded it...
    03-08-14 11:12 AM
    So someone can log in to your WhatsApp account and read your messages on any old device? No thanks.

If BBM does come to the desktop, I hope it's via bridge to the device associated with the pin. It would be stupid for BlackBerry to compromise on its uniquely secure pin to pin model.
    Heck, even BBM coming on desktop via bridge associated with the pin, is much better than nothing. I'm sure BlackBerry will not do it if security is not factored into the equation.
    03-08-14 11:16 AM
42 12