It's to little too late for whatscrap to clean up there never ending issues. It seems I am not alone as 10 friends have announced on bbm they are done with whatscrap.

Posted via CB10
    olakailan, sharma6 and CerveloJohn like this.
    04-02-14 12:44 PM
    Oh dear. I'm sure they will sort it out soon.
    04-02-14 12:48 PM
    I'm sure you and 10 other fellas represent the majority of WhatsApp users.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-02-14 12:52 PM
    uh oh. You and your 10 friends? Sounds like whatsapp is doomed.
    04-02-14 01:18 PM
    Let the data mining begin...maybe it's Facebook's servers scanning and mining.

And let's not forget the vitriolic hatred towards bbm when this happened to them a few years back. Wonder if they'll be any major backlash because of this outage.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 01:33 PM
    You've got ten friends on BBM.... you must work for BlackBerry!

I think most of use will use whatever keeps us in contact with the people that are important to us. So that means we use what others use.... If you are fortunate enough to have most of your friends on BBM that is great, and making the switch is a no brainier.

Also the GREAT OUTAGE was more about the losses of both BBM and Email... with the email being the key issues.
    04-02-14 01:37 PM
    I hate Whatsapp but I'm sorry to say that it's been a week now and we still can't make voice calls to Android and iPhone users on BBM so yeah even BBM is facing issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Thesmartmale; 04-03-14 at 10:24 AM.
    04-03-14 12:32 AM
    Bbm had a major outage once. I stopped using it since then

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 02:51 AM
    We once had a power outage, I've stopped using electricity, live off the grid now
    04-03-14 03:10 AM
    I hate Whatsapp but I'm sorry to say that it's brrn a week now and we still can't make voice calls to Android and iPhone users on BBM so yeah even BBM is facing issues.

Posted via CB10
    Where are you? I have used it with friends and family who have either an iPhone or some android device. Works well. Perhaps you can run through the problem and maybe someone can help you out.
    04-03-14 03:34 AM
    Where are you? I have used it with friends and family who have either an iPhone or some android device. Works well. Perhaps you can run through the problem and maybe someone can help you out.
    Middle East, unfortunately it's not just me, it's affecting a lot of users and there are threads about this, voice calls were awesome and clear but that's when they worked.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:56 AM
    Are you sure that your carriers aren't back to blocking this service?

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-03-14 08:55 AM
    We once had a power outage, I've stopped using electricity, live off the grid now
    Yo this was too funny lmao

I remember all the outages BBM has had....good times lol

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:22 AM
    Are you sure that your carriers aren't back to blocking this service?

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    Nope it works really good when iPhone and Android users voice call me on my BlackBerry, the issue is when I call them or they call each other.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:24 AM
    I have over 20 contacts on BBM now. Last year I had 7

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 10:54 AM
    I dropped WA when it was announced BBM file transfer size was to be increased. That was the last thing holding me on Whatsapp.

Plus the tighter integration between BBM and Dropbox, while not as good as it could be, makes it a bit easier to share practically anything.

I used Glympse for real yesterday, for the first time. My lady needed help at her friend's house. She planned to BBM me the address. In which case I would need to put it in my car nav or open a nav app on my Z30. I said "send me a Glympse". She did. In seconds I could see her on the way and where she stopped. Drove right to her with ease. Huge time saver for both of us.

Posted using my Peerless BlackBerry Z30
    It really is a neat/useful feature. I'm late to EVERYTHING....so now instead of people wondering when I'm going to arrive, I can simply send a Glympse and that solves pretty much everything lol

Posted via CB10
    morales0416 likes this.
    04-03-14 11:22 AM
    Meh, it happens to all the messaging services every now and again. Even network providers. It's only a matter of time until BBM has an outage for a few hours. I wouldn't really knock in Whatsapp for that. I would knock on it for stealing my info and automatically stealing info from my phone book, but not the Re liability.
    04-03-14 12:07 PM
    I just called my wife via bbm voice because it was long distance and we couldn't believe how clear it was!

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    04-05-14 10:03 AM
    I have 89 BBM contacts and I think if I went through them all only about 5-8 are likely not working

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 02:42 PM