Nice article on El Reg...
    Ducklin advises WhatsApp users only to use the service for messages they are happy to be considered public until a more robust encryption scheme is introduced.
    Simple Twitter campaign of #AirYourDirtyLaundryInPublic ? ;-)
    10-15-13 07:29 AM
    This is the reason BBM is a better option and I'm waiting for it rather impatiently.
    10-15-13 08:22 AM
    eh? another SNAFU?

bad whatsapp.. bad, bad whatsapp... gonna have to be more careful now.
    10-15-13 08:30 AM
    I say use it!

In what ever way they want to advertise BBM - do a parody showing the dangers of WhatsApp and how BBM is better.
    10-15-13 11:48 AM
    (Taken from Wikipedia)
    "WhatsApp software automatically compares all the phone numbers from the device's address book with its central database of WhatsApp users.."
    Who on earth has those numbers now?
    There is a very real problem with entrusting this information to 3rd party applications I'm afraid.

Z10 via CB10
    10-15-13 02:58 PM
    I wonder if an add picturing a court room, where all of someone's dirty laundry is aired would awaken some eyes... It would be better if it actually happened

I say use it!

In what ever way they want to advertise BBM - do a parody showing the dangers of WhatsApp and how BBM is better.
    10-15-13 03:07 PM
    This is the reason BBM is a better option and I'm waiting for it rather impatiently.
    Don't worry, it is coming soon.

I did have trouble understanding the title of this thread. What is "trou"? And why are we making reference to people's privates?

I don't want anyone dropping anything on my privates.
    10-15-13 03:19 PM
    Don't worry, it is coming soon.

I did have trouble understanding the title of this thread. What is "trou"? And why are we making reference to people's privates?

I don't want anyone dropping anything on my privates.
    Yes hopefully someone can edit the title in order to clarify the immensity of this issue.

Z10 via CB10
    10-15-13 03:31 PM
    Yes hopefully someone can edit the title in order to clarify the immensity of this issue.

Z10 via CB10
    Thank you to whoever edited the title in order to more accurately reflect the issue here, but clearly the majority of people aren't very mindful of what happens to their contact data and IMEI numbers.
    Thankfully I am not a user of WhatsApp or similar 3rd party solutions.

Z10 via CB10
    Last edited by bennelong; 10-16-13 at 03:06 PM.
    10-15-13 07:47 PM