I don't care... BBM doesn't have to be number one but number two should be the goal!
    And hell No to numbers, pin is the best way and most secure option!

I don't think bbm will ever be number one, because the most people are too stupid for pins but that doesn't mean that BlackBerry has to change.
    People who understand the story behind the pins will understand that this is the best way to go...
    And people who wants a messenger service which is the most secure... will use BBM... and people who gives a **** about their privacy will stick to whatsCrap...

C00121417
    I think BBM can be the one. I mean, there are still two big steps for BBM growth. Number one is, specific for Android, that you can only use it on 4.0 of or higher. This, specially in development countries, can be a problem because most of phones are cheap and not using this os yet. But, this is a matter of time and maybe in one year or two, all android phones will be using at least the 4.0 os. second one is the fact that, talking about Whatsapp, BBM still has practically the same features. With upcoming voice, channels, etc... this thing will start to change a lil bit. simply because, in my opinion, WhatsApp just won't be able to follow BBM growth pace.

Posted via awesome BlackBerry Z10!
    12-28-13 10:08 AM
    I think BBM can be the one. I mean, there are still two big steps for BBM growth. Number one is, specific for Android, that you can only use it on 4.0 of or higher. This, specially in development countries, can be a problem because most of phones are cheap and not using this os yet. But, this is a matter of time and maybe in one year or two, all android phones will be using at least the 4.0 os. second one is the fact that, talking about Whatsapp, BBM still has practically the same features. With upcoming voice, channels, etc... this thing will start to change a lil bit. simply because, in my opinion, WhatsApp just won't be able to follow BBM growth pace.

74% of Android devices are already running 4.0 or higher. And when Android next announces how many handsets are active, that should be over 740 million devices (Android hasn't cracked the 1billion mark yet, but at last tally was dangerously close).

I don't think the amount of 4.0+ users is a factor at all. To the negative that is.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    12-29-13 01:28 PM
    74% of Android devices are already running 4.0 or higher. And when Android next announces how many handsets are active, that should be over 740 million devices (Android hasn't cracked the 1billion mark yet, but at last tally was dangerously close).

I don't think the amount of 4.0+ users is a factor at all. To the negative that is.

SwiftKeyed/Flowed via Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Yep. Probably in U.S, Canada or Europe. But, in development markets like Brazil, India or indonesia, I'm not that sure.

12-29-13 06:18 PM
    Yep. Probably in U.S, Canada or Europe. But, in development markets like Brazil, India or indonesia, I'm not that sure.

It's total percentage of ALL their active devices. Google parses their device statistics based on bi-weekly access to the Google Play Store, which is all Android devices worldwide (excluding the forked versions like Amazon Kindle Fire). 74% of all Android devices are running 4.0 or newer, including a majority of older devices already having been upgraded. Development markets or not... the statistics are the same. Development markets that sell predominately cheap end android devices are not running 2.x era operating systems. They're running 4.0+ as well. Budget devices do not necessarily equate to older operating systems.
    12-29-13 08:54 PM
    It's total percentage of ALL their active devices. Google parses their device statistics based on bi-weekly access to the Google Play Store, which is all Android devices worldwide (excluding the forked versions like Amazon Kindle Fire). 74% of all Android devices are running 4.0 or newer, including a majority of older devices already having been upgraded. Development markets or not... the statistics are the same. Development markets that sell predominately cheap end android devices are not running 2.x era operating systems. They're running 4.0+ as well. Budget devices do not necessarily equate to older operating systems.
    Wow. Interesting. Not what I see here in Rio and read about of tech market in Brazil. Maybe Brazilian android devices are just too late after all.

12-30-13 06:18 AM
    Do a Google on it..there CEO is quoting it....Numbers make sense...as soon as you add a contact it becomes a whatsapp user and you are very likely to engage with them then trying to find BBM PIN for someone

Posted via CB10
    Than*

You are now in my Bingo Book
    01-01-14 05:21 PM
    They should have the option to link BBM with your phone # to be found easily like snapchat

Posted from my bangin Q10
    01-01-14 05:28 PM
    They should have the option to link BBM with your phone # to be found easily like snapchat

Posted from my bangin Q10
    Yeah. Just like snap chat who got hacked and 4.6 million user's had their numbers and locations stolen. Great plan. I like my PIN based messaging thank you.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:46 PM
    I still believe Whatsapp use of Phone number and BBM use of PIN has a lot to do with outcome.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:21 AM
309 ... 111213