My Whatsapp is not working as predicted, same issue as fb messenger needing Google Play services (downloading apk for services still does not allow run unless someone has a better one ?) shame, it was how my dad sent pics to me from across the world
    08-12-16 10:17 AM
    I've never used it, what is so great about it.
    Does whoever you are texting need to have it also

Posted via CB10
    Where are you from? I'm from the U.S. and the only people I know who use it use it to talk to friends in other countries, and my friends in other countries use it constantly.

It saves on sms texting fees to text a number from another country.

I only use it to talk to some friends but randomly.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-16 02:16 PM
    To OP:
    I live in India, my sister is in New Orleans, here it used to be very expensive for me to call her up. Email & Yahoo messenger were not real-time. With WhatsApp, i can make free calls to her mobile phone, over wifi, and with VoLTE i can make whatsapp call to her, at minimal rates from the carrier, for 4g data usage.
    In times to come i feel WhatsApp will introduce IoT controlling features. It wud then be possible to control IoT compliant devices over cellular net.
    Imagine being able to monitor your house, while you are away on tour, on WhatsApp, and in the case of an untoward event getting an alarm on your phone & the the phone automatically informing the police control room with the exact location of the incident.

But i still want bb to come up with a BB11, with full support of IoT & all the other apps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by blackmass; 08-13-16 at 08:31 AM.
    08-13-16 08:08 AM
    Thanks for the great explanation of the whole IM vs text thing. It makes sense now.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-16 08:52 AM
    Wharsapp is wharsapp. I have been used of BlackBerry for the last 10 years, the classic. The bold, the z10, the passport and now the PRIV. I did the last change just because of wharsapp. For me is mandatory.
    However if you think in the best phone...for me the passport is there winner. Much more better than the priv.
    08-13-16 10:15 PM
    My carrier just upgraded plans. To this...

Whatsapp-img_20160815_175940.png
    Whatsapp-img_20160815_175836.png
    Whatsapp-img_20160815_181008.png

Amazing what you now get for $40 AUD. On prepaid... :-D

Free TXT'ing and calls to 10 countries now? More regular data (less weekend data, 2 days shorter expiry)? Yeah, sign me "upp"...

Edit: Time to celebrate like these girls, lol...

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    08-15-16 04:09 PM
    Good deal. Interesting how they would break up the data like that I've never seen that before
    08-15-16 04:11 PM
    So you always got what I was saying and defined quality as perspective of the person, yet consider me a "blind loyalist". Go use whatever app you want.

To ME BBM is far superior and better quality because it is more feature rich. Plain and simple. No blind loyalty at all. And in fact up until the most recent update that allowed for sending of larger videos in BBM, I would have considered whatsapp superior as I send/recieive a lot of videos of my daughter playing when I'm out of town for work. Once BBM allowed for this in the update from a few days back, it is now more feature filled.

Anyways, go use whatsapp, it's fine by me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I'd say that if bbm has more users than it has now

Posted via CB10
    08-16-16 05:42 AM
    I'd say that if bbm has more users than it has now

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is poor at marketing. They have good products but they don't know how to sell them.

Long Live BB10!
    08-16-16 05:50 AM
59 123