http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/12/11...vs-sms-f8-2016

According to the above article, Facebook messenger and Whatsapp combined produce 60 million messages per day while Sms produces 20 million per day. While not king any more, sms is still used quite extensively.
    Like I said....."MOST" do not SMS. MOST people who have glass slabs do not SMS, they install apps like Whatsapp and use them.
    08-02-16 06:00 PM
    Did you even read your link? Sure it has more value for the user as more people use it however it still does not mean it's a better quality product.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Well it seems you do care.
    How do you define quality?
    08-02-16 06:01 PM
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/12/11...vs-sms-f8-2016

According to the above article, Facebook messenger and Whatsapp combined produce 60 million messages per day while Sms produces 20 million per day. While not king any more, sms is still used quite extensively.
    What I do find interesting is that younger people still text as much as older people according to this BUT also that Email and SMS is more popular than phoning except for older people who prefer to still use voice phone calling.

I would have thought that older people would be the ones using SMS MORE but overall the messenger apps are slowly decreasing SMS use, apparently.

http://www.realitymine.com/mobile-device-use/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-02-16 06:14 PM
    What I do find interesting is that younger people still text as much as older people according to this BUT also that Email and SMS is more popular than phoning except for older people who prefer to still use voice phone calling.

I would have thought that older people would be the ones using SMS MORE but overall the messenger apps are slowly decreasing SMS use, apparently.

http://www.realitymine.com/mobile-device-use/

I would have thought the same thing. That younger people would be using the apps exclusively.

Phone calls are definitely falling, except for seniors.
    08-02-16 06:25 PM
    I would have thought the same thing. That younger people would be using the apps exclusively.

Phone calls are definitely falling, except for seniors.
    Exactly!

Also suprising was that people aged 45+ game more on mobile apps than millennials.

I mean when is the last time you saw a 50 year old man walking into traffic playing Pokemon Go!?

Who would have thought..

08-02-16 06:36 PM
    Exactly!

Also suprising was that people aged 45+ game more on mobile apps than millennials.

I mean when is the last time you saw a 50 year old man walking into traffic playing Pokemon Go!?

Who would have thought..

It just goes to show that our perceptions are not always correct.
    Grandma's playing Pokemon and Junior is texting!
    08-02-16 06:39 PM
    whats good about WA is that its so popular most friends and family have it overseas so you dont even have to send out invitation links to download the app on top of being able to call them for free
    DrBoomBotz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    08-02-16 07:09 PM
    I think It's an international thing. Nobody in the US uses it because we all have cheap unlimited sms.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:42 AM
    BlackBerry should give a Push to BBM, i still used, but less everyday.

Everybody has WS, but no Everybody has BBM.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 11:45 AM
    BlackBerry should give a Push to BBM, i still used, but less everyday.

Everybody has WS, but no Everybody has BBM.

Posted via CB10
    Early Bird get's the worm...

Push needed to be to have BBM out cross platform and working about five years ago. At this point they are way behind in the marketshare/userbase, and for an IM its really about being able to communicate with the people you want to communicate with. If that requires and IM+ type app, then chance are that your friends already have WhatsApp....

Maybe if they had Smasung install it as a default app?
    08-03-16 11:55 AM
    I have read all comments and (IMHO no solution At all)
    Anyone tr�ed android versi�n in bb10? Any clue if works fine with hub?
    08-03-16 08:09 PM
    BBM is best .

Stop being a delusional loyalist. WhatsApp is what BBM would have been if they listened to their former employees who worked on BBM and wanted it to go cross-platform years ago. Instead they stayed stagnate, WhatsApp shows up (it wasn't great in the beginning) but they expanded features and today, there's no question that WhatsApp is the BBM we always wanted.
    DrBoomBotz and MikeX74 like this.
    08-03-16 08:13 PM
    Stop being a delusional loyalist. WhatsApp is what BBM would have been if they listened to their former employees who worked on BBM and wanted it to go cross-platform years ago. Instead they stayed stagnate, WhatsApp shows up (it wasn't great in the beginning) but they expanded features and today, there's no question that WhatsApp is the BBM we always wanted.
    What are you taking about man? BBM is more feature filled then whatsapp. Better groups (all whatsapp is is a multi person chat in BBM), message retraction, cross platform video, and so on.

So I will say this again, I'm not talking about number of users as a measure of quality. So stop calling people blind fan boys and then claim whatsapp is more fully featured when it is clearly isn't even close.

Should BBM have done it years ago? Of course. Still doesn't change their fact it's better.

08-03-16 08:25 PM
    What are you taking about man? BBM is more feature filled then whatsapp. Better groups (all whatsapp is is a multi person chat in BBM), message retraction, cross platform video, and so on.

So I will say this again, I'm not talking about number of users as a measure of quality. So stop calling people blind fan boys and then claim whatsapp is more fully featured when it is clearly isn't even close.

Should BBM have done it years ago? Of course. Still doesn't change their fact it's better.

While I'm not arguing your point, I do believe BBM has much more features as well, I think we do have to keep Im mind that many people will view Whatsapp as better just based on the fact that there's more people to interact with. That might be a measure of quality for them.

If it wasn't for me getting close friends to use BBM, it would be useless for me unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    08-04-16 10:15 AM
    While I'm not arguing your point, I do believe BBM has much more features as well, I think we do have to keep Im mind that many people will view Whatsapp as better just based on the fact that there's more people to interact with. That might be a measure of quality for them.

If it wasn't for me getting close friends to use BBM, it would be useless for me unfortunately

Posted via CB10
    It's kinda like arguing about BB10 being better than Android or iOS.... without Apps BB10 can't deliver the experience that most want.

Without the userbase, doesn't matter how good BBM is....
    But is it good on other platforms, whenever I check out the latest reviews... seems the most recent are always pretty negative... even if they give the app 5 stars.
    RoseBud68 and Rello like this.
    08-04-16 10:21 AM
    BBM is best.
    Didn't try it anymore. But will do for sure.
    08-04-16 10:28 AM

You seem to want to ignore that which does not agree with your beliefs.
    08-04-16 10:44 AM
    You seem to want to ignore that which does not agree with your beliefs.
    But your belief is fact? Historically many superior quality products did not win out because they did not catch on mainstream. It still does not discount the fact that those products were superior in quality.
    If popularity is your measure then great whatsapp is the best quality app.

I've had some pretty good home made hamburgers in my day and you know what, they are superior in quality in every way to McDonalds. But in your opinion that would not be the case now would it? Do you get what I'm saying now?

08-04-16 11:06 AM
    I think that whatspp in classic is bad so it's must be improved. Thank
    08-04-16 11:13 AM
    I think that whatspp in classic is bad so it's must be improved. Thank
    Improving it by removing it, like they're Niantic or something.
    08-04-16 11:14 AM
    But your belief is fact? Historically many superior quality products did not win out because they did not catch on mainstream. It still does not discount the fact that those products were superior in quality.
    If popularity is your measure then great whatsapp is the best quality app.

I've had some pretty good home made hamburgers in my day and you know what, they are superior in quality in every way to McDonalds. But in your opinion that would not be the case now would it? Do you get what I'm saying now?
    I'm pretty sure I always got what you were saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_(business)

The very first paragraph from the link explains my position.

"In business, engineering and manufacturing, quality has a pragmatic interpretation as the non-inferiority or superiority of something; it is also defined as fitness for purpose. Quality is a perceptual, conditional, and somewhat subjective attribute and may be understood differently by different people. Consumers may focus on the specification quality of a product/service, or how it compares to competitors in the marketplace. Producers might measure the conformance quality, or degree to which the product/service was produced correctly."

Please have a cool refreshing drink from the well of not being thick.

08-05-16 09:34 AM
    I'm pretty sure I always got what you were saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_(business)

The very first paragraph from the link explains my position.

"In business, engineering and manufacturing, quality has a pragmatic interpretation as the non-inferiority or superiority of something; it is also defined as fitness for purpose. Quality is a perceptual, conditional, and somewhat subjective attribute and may be understood differently by different people. Consumers may focus on the specification quality of a product/service, or how it compares to competitors in the marketplace. Producers might measure the conformance quality, or degree to which the product/service was produced correctly."

Please have a cool refreshing drink from the well of not being thick.

So you always got what I was saying and defined quality as perspective of the person, yet consider me a "blind loyalist". Go use whatever app you want.

To ME BBM is far superior and better quality because it is more feature rich. Plain and simple. No blind loyalty at all. And in fact up until the most recent update that allowed for sending of larger videos in BBM, I would have considered whatsapp superior as I send/recieive a lot of videos of my daughter playing when I'm out of town for work. Once BBM allowed for this in the update from a few days back, it is now more feature filled.

Anyways, go use whatsapp, it's fine by me.

08-05-16 09:58 AM
    So you always got what I was saying and defined quality as perspective of the person, yet consider me a "blind loyalist".
    I never called you a "blind loyalist".
    I think you have me confused with someone else.
    08-05-16 10:05 AM
    Improving it by removing it, like they're Niantic or something.
    Thank you for your tip.
    08-09-16 11:09 AM
    have not been on Crackberry for a while....first thing I read is another BBM vs WA thread...... Yay

Posted via CB10
    08-09-16 05:27 PM
59 123