Idk maybe try windows or jolla

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 12:25 AM
    Already using Android and BlackBerry. So an Android BlackBerry would be great imo. Not going anywhere.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    grover5 and Fidel Mercado like this.
    06-15-15 12:32 AM
    Symbian... Arean't they less then 1% market share also?
    And it can still multi task better than every mainstream OS
    Allanon89 and S Valmont like this.
    06-15-15 01:43 AM
    For business use definitely a very cheap Windows Phone.

For private use the answer is difficult:
    I would try Jolla Sailfish (phone + tablet) first, and if Sailfish wouldn't convince me, then I would have a look at Blackphone.

If I would know how to secure a Mac and if Apple could manage to improve their security tools like Gatekeeper and XProtect, which are (afaik) still easy to trick out, then I would consider moving my complete home IT to Apple's golden cage.
    (I must admit that the bundle Mac + iPad + iPhone is extremly attractive and convenient thanks to iCloud.)

Some details about recent vulnerabilities in Mac OS:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.synack.c...2015+Final.pdf
    S Valmont likes this.
    06-15-15 03:07 AM
    My choice will be any option different from Android. In first place, any full-touch BlackBerry 10 device, and if this is not possible, Apple iOS.
    06-15-15 03:21 AM
    IPhone 6.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:34 AM
    Also own a Lumia 830 , white with gold metal frame , special edItion.

My daily driver. Love the PureView ZEISS camera and offering true 5.1 surround sound with it�s 4 microphones.

No need for extra digital camera

http://i61.tinypic.com/25hk1a0.jpg
    Ulm? Schwabenlaendle... or something? Lol
    Am I right?

Is this were you live? :-D

(world's highest cathedral at 161.5m? 768 steps in that staircase, iirc...)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 06-15-15 at 03:46 AM.
    06-15-15 03:36 AM
    With regards to the phone, I'm not sure where I'd be going...

Windows Phone, Ubuntu, Jolla/Sailfish, ...
    Stay with BlackBerry and check what their take on Android would be?

iOS is not really enticing, I bought an iPad mini2 a couple of weeks ago, haven't used it too much. The home button is relatively hard to press and gets annoying fast. No option in quick settings to access full settings menu...

It's still a rumor. Even if they make an Android line, doesn't mean BB10 needs to be abandoned...

:-)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-15-15 03:44 AM
    iPhone will be the next for me if BlackBerry switch to Android.
    06-15-15 04:09 AM
    When the time comes to change my Z30 I will choose anything stable/open source by that time, expect iOS/Android/Win.

Would be nice to try SailfishOS, especially (- dreaming -) if they adapt Cascades (it's anyway Qt-like) and make a NORMAL hw (like my favorite BBs)
    06-15-15 04:20 AM
    Ubuntu phone.
    06-15-15 05:00 AM
    I would prefer Blackberry android OS with Hub & emailing system of BB10 but if Blackberry going exclusive android, I will try to windows 10 phone.
    06-15-15 05:34 AM
    Going Android doesn't make any sense cos then I'd go Samsung. Thus the strategy of having Samsung make a BB10 hardware makes no sense at all.
    06-15-15 06:10 AM
    I have a q10 from Sprint but i'm currently using android right now until I can switch carriers or Sprint decides to carry blackberry's again

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    06-15-15 07:23 AM
    Most likely an Iphone as much as I would hate to. I would like to go windows phone but they have to improve the interface a bit for me first.
    06-15-15 07:24 AM
    considering this is all rumor for now, why cant this magical new device run both? much like htc did when they released the m7 (maybe m8?) with both android and windows OS options? why not simply have one device compatible with two operating systems? would this not encourage development in blackberry OS as previous users of android flash BB10 on their phone instead of one of them other custom android roms?

I picture a future where phones will be a lot more like computers, and the user will have much more control over what OS they run on their device.

I believe that the separation of handset and OS would make for better handsets and better developed OS in all segments not to mention open it up to all kinds of open source initiatives.

But obviously at the end of the day in this magical fantasy world of mine blackberry still make handsets with awesome keyboards and they also make their own operating system. So the fans of BB10 can have their favorite OS on their preferred hardware. or the non-descriminate tech addticts like myself can develop my own AOSP derived ROM with all the parts of BB10 I really enjoy.
    ALToronto and Mr4aces like this.
    06-15-15 08:07 AM
    My laptop is from 2007. My newest Apple stuff is from 2009 and I bought my desktop PC in 2011. I still patiently use them and the PlayBook so I guess I'll keep using what's useful or whatever later on that works best for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 08:27 AM
    I use BlackBerry and Apple right now, if BlackBerry switches to Android I would like to try Jolla or Windows.
    06-15-15 08:42 AM
    06-15-15 09:11 AM
    considering this is all rumor for now, why cant this magical new device run both? much like htc did when they released the m7 (maybe m8?) with both android and windows OS options? why not simply have one device compatible with two operating systems? would this not encourage development in blackberry OS as previous users of android flash BB10 on their phone instead of one of them other custom android roms?
    The problem with this idea is BB10 itself. Because BB10 contains an android runtime, it is considered an Android fork and cannot build a google certified device because it's against OHA rules.

Windows phone 8 contains no such Android part and that is why any OEM can build both Android and WP devices.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-15-15 09:17 AM
    Also, just looking at the stickied thread about people switching from BB10 to other platforms, you can see that it is not a consensus on which platform to switch. I think in that thread it's like 60-40 in favor of iOS for the people that switched.
    06-15-15 09:19 AM
    Just bought a: iPhone 5s and a Samsung S6 edge. See which is best. If I like the S6 edge then I'll likely get the Slider with Android M or Lollipop

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 09:21 AM
    I am still going to use BlackBerry whatever OS has.

 Passport�
    06-15-15 09:37 AM
    Since I'm on Sprint with a worn out Q10 and no alternatives, I've already made the switch to Windows Phone until there's a new BlackBerry. So really nothing changes for me. Like WP 8.1 and looking forward to WP 10. Would prefer BB10, but my life doesn't completely revolve around my phone!
    06-15-15 10:01 AM
    Laptops and PCs can be loaded with different OSs depending on what the owner wants. It would be nice to think BlackBerry do it this way, so the owner gets to choose which OS they run on their new BB.
    06-15-15 10:22 AM
284 ... 34567 ...