09-05-16 04:47 PM
284 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Sailfish

Posted via CB10
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-14-15 03:47 PM
    Why not Apple? Is that not where the developer makes the most profits? Just a question.

My suggestion for developers is to make an app that makes double typing go away. Make each key's sensitivity adjustable or have the keyboard soft ware only register the first signal from the key.

Posted via CB10
    I dislike Apple because of the walled garden. I like companies that deal with open standards.
    06-14-15 04:21 PM
    Massive hype about BlackBerry going fully Android?
    What are the sources??

I feel like owning a Sega Dreamcast. Best console ever. Times ahead. But the sheep are all over the mainstream devices.

I really don't respect any Android devices. They started all crappy with cheap plastics many years ago. And the OS is not my cup of tea.

Well. I owned the very first iPhone and I liked it a lot.

If BlackBerry decide to go nuts and Basilie style again, I say goodbye for life and move back to the political correct Apple brand.

Hope they keep cool stop focusing on entreprises ! Focus on prosumer, make heavy marketing, keep bringing awesome devices like the Passport.

People want choices and a fourth horse. We are the for horsemen. wCw style.

Posted via CB10
    I'm still having faith in John Chen as he will have BlackBerry's best interest before making any decisions. He has to much to lose ($) if BB fails. So far he has made moves to steer the company in a profitable position.

"If" BlackBerry does go Android I don't think it will be for all new phones. There will still be the BBOS for the BB loyalist.

Beside what would be so wrong with a BB Android phone for the sheep? It will sell phones and help replace the lost of revenue from the declining BIS income. It will take a lot of revenue to replace this revenue and JC/BB knows this. Any source of revenue is welcome.

What is would be so wrong with the same style phone having an option of Android or BBOS? Of course the internals might be different, but the sheep will not know if it is a Droid or a Berry.

Humm a BlackBerry engineered phone...............

Why panic and get all worked up.

Just my opinion.
    06-14-15 04:23 PM
    I just purchased a Nokia Lumina 830. Nice phone so far.
    Also own a Lumia 830 , white with gold metal frame , special edItion.

My daily driver. Love the PureView ZEISS camera and offering true 5.1 surround sound with its 4 microphones.

No need for extra digital camera

Oh and the extra camera button, yay

06-14-15 04:29 PM
    Also own a Lumia 830 , white with gold metal frame , special edItion.

My daily driver. Love the PureView ZEISS camera and offering true 5.1 surround sound with its 4 microphones.

No need for extra digital camera

http://i61.tinypic.com/25hk1a0.jpg

Oh and the extra camera button, yay

http://i60.tinypic.com/27yanms.jpg
    Awesome pics!
    06-14-15 05:07 PM
    Not Google nor BBRY-Google as I don't want to sacrifice privacy.
    Not IOS as no walled garden and proprietary standards for me.
    Will have to see what new phones Nokia will have for WP10.
    Wanted the slider but not with Android.

I suspect it will be Android on the slider and also suspect BBRY believes it can outsell the current BB10 install base and it just might. So if it does, then bye bye BB10 as BBRY will have increased their market share 1M faster than BB10. So they wouldn't need to worry about
    06-14-15 05:58 PM
    what if, blackberry 10 os was already some kind of android os port (it would explain how easy it is to port android app on blackberry, or even just installing the apk without changing anything)? that would mean we could have the same kind of user experience on android without having to put android app in a sandbox to run, would help running android app properly but would also mean opening api that is usually close with blackberry os.

it could work, specially that they now have stats about how their app run on android (ex:BBM)

so what would be my alternative, so far I'm staying with BB unless they give us a simple android os experience with no effort behind it.

but hey, that's just my though out loud
    06-14-15 07:26 PM

I will keep using my Q10 and the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 07:46 PM
    IPhone. I hate android.

I might just try to use a dual band satellite phone as a daily driver. That would be fun.
    Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    06-14-15 07:47 PM
    LOL, nice try. But what has one thing to do with the other??? You are comparing apple with pears.

The BB has everything I need. I guess you are the sheep if you must have SnapChat, Instagramm, DuckfaceSelfie or Angry Birds

I am a communication guy who needs tools. BB does it best. I controll how I get contacted by not choosing to have every app. I don't need it, like you. So I am not the sheep, buddy Sorry.

Yeah, Dreamcast had Windows CE. So what?

Did you owned a Dreamcast? How old are you?
    The GD-ROM dilemma was one flaw! People could easily copy games. It was the time, where you copied everything on CDR's. By the time, owning a DVD-player was costly. So when the PS2 came out with DVD-player, it was a no-brainer. Also EA didn't develop any games for Sega Dreamcast! It was still a gem.

But again, your comparisons were a little bit weak.

Each to their own. Be happy by owning devices every hipster, soccer-mom (no pun intended) or mass has, because "everyone owns it, right?" I decide not following the herd, and I feel FN'ing cool
    Whoa hold on there rage against the machine I don't know how you think owning a blackberry is alternative or indie you might want to try Ubuntu phone or go full hipster with 90's flip phone

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-14-15 08:59 PM
    Even if Blackberry make an Android phone I'm sure they will continue to make a BlackBerry OS version.

Posted via CB10
    With the condition that the company is in these days I think that it is highly unlikely that they can pour their limited resources into creating and maintaining two separate os versions.
    If and I say if Blackberry does go to an Android OS then that will in all probability remain the official version.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:10 PM
    If we can still find 8700 on the market, then Passport will be available in next 10 years for sure) so I will stick with BB... then maybe Chinese will blow our minds with something...)

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:13 PM
    If BB abandon loyal customers for new Android ones then im going Jolla, possibly Tizen.
    06-14-15 09:27 PM
    Probably Windows or iOS. Can't stand Android and how locked up you are with Google services. It's like I got no choice but to sign up everything Google and allow them in to my life. They collect my data and they don't protect from anything. What gives?

Posted via CB10
    Powdah and Blackberry-Prince like this.
    06-14-15 09:29 PM
    Which Phone do would you choose if BlackBerry starts making android phones. I think BlackBerry 10 is the best and I don't want it to extinct. Well. I'm a big android hater so I'll obv go back to IOS or try windows phone. So tell me what would you guys do?

Posted via CB10
    I would group up all the really smart guys on CB...you know Withdrawl, Pdinos, Thurask, Usman, Bungaboy, shorski, hell I'd even find that Peevish guy. Then we would put our heads together and invent our own superior smartphone. In fact, I'm going to round them up right now.
    06-14-15 09:30 PM
    As long as it has a PKB , I will still buy a BlackBerry, regardless of the OS underneath.

Anything more will be a bonus like BlackBerry skin, hub, BlackBerry gesture, and etc...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:36 PM
    IF BB is offering android rom as a download going forward on all its devices I think its better to adopt android with all features of BB os 10 (security,hub,gestures etc.) I believe they were anyways working on Experience suite, so it makes sense to go complete android. Blackberry passport with Android rom and bb features over the top just like Samsung does on its phones can be a game changer. The hardware build quality of BB is way better than cheap android stuff. if the price is right and well supported by apps I dont mind android or qnx.
    06-14-15 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry with BlackBerry10

Posted via CB10
    What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-faanvq5.gif
    Belotto, extisis and Dave Bourque like this.
    06-14-15 10:27 PM
    I already moved to Android. I don't like apple. I don't like paying twice as much for something because it has an apple logo on it. Android doesn't really impact your privacy. You're faceless and nameless. They just send you ads based on your interests. I don't mind that. But I will be watching for a new BB. I do love my Z10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-14-15 10:28 PM
    Even if Blackberry make an Android phone I'm sure they will continue to make a BlackBerry OS version.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100% and I'm staying with BlackBerry.

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.27087 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-14-15 11:05 PM
    OS 7 based device or WP.
    06-14-15 11:18 PM
    Windows Phone
    06-14-15 11:33 PM
    Symbian... Arean't they less then 1% market share also?
    SlackerKing likes this.
    06-14-15 11:59 PM
    Lol we should cross that bridge when we get there! I am optimistic BlackBerry will keep BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 12:08 AM
    iOS for me. Already tried the WP and Android rodeos.
    06-15-15 12:23 AM
284 ... 23456 ...