Last time I checked, hackers dont need physical access to phones. They could hack it through networks and email addresses. Or am I mistaken?

Posted via CB10
    The only recent bb10 hacks have all required physical access or a man in the middle between the phone and a computer or network. No remote hacks for bb10 at all as far as I know. Also some of the hacks can only happen in such specific circumstances, you would more or less have to initiate them yourself with the device.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 09:06 PM
    an ubuntu phone. ive just ordered one the cheap bq one and like the idea of using open source linux on my mobile

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:55 AM
    I'm more worried about getting supplies to ISS right now than BB going full blown android...but if they do I'd pray to the goddess of smartphones that they continue to manufacture and improve Blackberry 10 as a viable alternative

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:10 AM
    I had a windows phone before I got my BlackBerry. It was terrible. iPhones are all right, but I'd just cross my fingers and hope that they do not kill BB10...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:54 PM
    I had a windows phone before I got my BlackBerry. It was terrible. iPhones are all right, but I'd just cross my fingers and hope that they do not kill BB10...

Posted via CB10
    That shows the subjectivity of this subject. I rather liked my WindowsPhone. But I did have the 8.1 upgrade with the new Hub and Cortana. If you are basing it on sheer numbers of Apps, yes, Windows is lacking, but not any worse than BlackBerry IMO.

I also carry an Android 4.3 and the Hub is pretty good, as was iPhones latest 8.4 iOS with Apple Music integration. But the thing is, none of them are designed like BlackBerry. The machine was just designed to communicate, not emulate a handheld computer.

Here's the thing to the OP's point of this post. I honestly don't think BlackBerry is going anywhere anytime soon. But as long as they survive until I retire, I'll be a very happy user. Once I don't need heavy business communication, I'll probably be OK with Android, or iOS or WindowsPhone operating systems.
    07-03-15 02:06 PM
    I don't want BB10 dropped. Seems stripping the Android RT to streamline it is better. Has to make it MUCH easier to harden, and also will allow BB to produce secure devices with lower specs. Cheaper to sell em mass to govs, etc.

Then the BB Android would be the more mainstream choice. The folks who now make heavy use of Android on BB10 would logically like this variant complete with the hub and hardware KB options.

To me the real sore spot would be -- I doubt BlackBerry would make it possible to move to the new Android based OS on say a Passport. Which is what I would want to do.

All speculation of course...
    I agree with everything you say, but that doesn't mean the switch won't happen. There's honestly no point in continuing with BB10 if there's no native developer support, and I see absolutely no effort on BlackBerry's part to attract developers to the platform. Alec Saunders is long gone, Donny Halliwell is leaving, and the first banner you see on developer.blackberry.com encourages you to write Android apps for the Amazon store.

What I see in the long run (and I would LOVE to be wrong about this) is BB10 becoming a shell of an operating system. The few decent major apps will go unmaintained until the publishers drop them completely or replace them with Android equivalents. Users will all install Snap and the grumbles about the lack of GPlay support will get even louder.

I'd love BlackBerry to reaffirm support for BB10. I'd love to see them unveil some radical new strategy for getting the phones into users' hands to make the platform more attractive. I'd love to see them hold Hackathons and offer app bounties again.

Chen has given this platform as decent a shot as anyone could hope, but the market just isn't there.
    07-03-15 02:17 PM
    I've been planning on getting a BlackBerry10 Slider the day it comes out, however if it ends up being an Android device, I'll likely be giving it the boot and possibly just hold off on upgrading for a couple of years... I don't really like Android that much and I absolutely hate iOS..

I've been thinking hard on it, and maybe a Windows10 phone believe it or not! xD

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    Allanon89 likes this.
    07-03-15 04:43 PM
    Well, I think I'll migrate to the ubuntu touch on a moto g or meizu mx4
    03-02-16 07:51 PM
    I have a Passport(wow), but am a big WhattsApp user and I keep getting messages that Whatsapp will not support OS10 after 12/31. I really confused about what to do. I've seen the Priv,but not impressed. Any suggestions?
    09-05-16 04:47 PM
284 ... 101112