Or Meego/Maemo.
    I really liked that one
    Me too. At least there is Jolla sailfish but it depends on Android apps as well.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-21-15 03:09 PM
    Well i called up my carrier to inquire about post paid plan specific for blackberry . They have what they call BBMax plans here. And so after waiting on the line, the agent told me that my z30 is not qualified for a BB plan since its OS is android. I was like "Can you check that again. BB is not android." She again put me on hold and when she came back she said that she can't give me a BB plan since BB OS 10 is android already and that she confirmed it with their tech support. I had to really try hard not to laugh and managed to say "whaaat?" and had to hang up. That was like the best april-fools -day-joke -in-June. Lol.

Hey Mr JC, somebody is already going ahead with the big announcement. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    I imagine that this is a plan for Legacy devices??

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 03:56 PM
    Given the lengths that Android can be customized, if you're the sort of person who doesn't want to be tracked or give out information to advertisers, Android is literally the only platform outside of BB10 that is really an option. The amount of customization and blocking you can achieve is open and available. iOS tracks you even if you disable it, WindowsPhone allows for basically 0 customization. So as a security and privacy advocate, if I were to move away from BB10 I feel like BlackBerry offering up Android is probably the best I could do away from their native platform itself. However if they're only going to offer Android on low tier garbage handsets then it may be time to look into moving to Android without BlackBerry. They have no high tier offerings that are appealing to me and as someone who sells BES services to people, this would be disappointing but I've done it before. This is probably my biggest concern though. There are a lot of people who chime in about how Android isn't secure etc, unless these people are on BES their BlackBerry device is just as vulnerable as anything else. Calls can be listened to, texts can be read, both by rudimentary tools without giving anything permissions.
    Last edited by katiepea; 06-21-15 at 07:24 PM.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    06-21-15 07:14 PM
    IOS. If I'm going to change, going to best app catalog and the highest quality ones. Android is still second fiddle to IOS to most US based developers and corporations that leverage apps to access them.

Posted via Z30
    That's one of the reasons I would go iPhone. Though that would not be for a long while.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 07:35 PM
    Given the lengths that Android can be customized, if you're the sort of person who doesn't want to be tracked or give out information to advertisers, Android is literally the only platform outside of BB10 that is really an option. The amount of customization and blocking you can achieve is open and available. iOS tracks you even if you disable it, WindowsPhone allows for basically 0 customization. So as a security and privacy advocate, if I were to move away from BB10 I feel like BlackBerry offering up Android is probably the best I could do away from their native platform itself. However if they're only going to offer Android on low tier garbage handsets then it may be time to look into moving to Android without BlackBerry. They have no high tier offerings that are appealing to me and as someone who sells BES services to people, this would be disappointing but I've done it before. This is probably my biggest concern though. There are a lot of people who chime in about how Android isn't secure etc, unless these people are on BES their BlackBerry device is just as vulnerable as anything else. Calls can be listened to, texts can be read, both by rudimentary tools without giving anything permissions.
    I agree with you, you can customise a lot, if you know what to do.
    Root level ad blocking, xprivacy with xposed, etc are things that come to mind.

As a business user though, I am not allowed to root my phone or do some other stuff our IT department doesn't want (even though they at least block ads, through filtering certain incoming traffic).

At BlackBerry and security:

Fanboys gonna be fanboys.
    If they still haven't understood that you need a BES to claim all of these security features, I guess that it's too late anyhow?
    Still laughing at those who think that Consumer BBM is secure

A private cloud hosted BES isn't even that expensive btw.
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    06-22-15 08:13 AM
    BlackBerry 7

Posted via  Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-22-15 08:24 AM
    Maybe I should start to buy all the bb10 phones around that could last me for the rest of my life.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.680
    06-22-15 08:27 AM
    I agree with you, you can customise a lot, if you know what to do.
    Root level ad blocking, xprivacy with xposed, etc are things that come to mind.

As a business user though, I am not allowed to root my phone or do some other stuff our IT department doesn't want (even though they at least block ads, through filtering certain incoming traffic).

At BlackBerry and security:

Fanboys gonna be fanboys.
    If they still haven't understood that you need a BES to claim all of these security features, I guess that it's too late anyhow?
    Still laughing at those who think that Consumer BBM is secure

A private cloud hosted BES isn't even that expensive btw.
    Please hack my phone then if BB10 is that easy to hack

Posted via CB10
    ArcPlug likes this.
    06-22-15 03:41 PM
    Please hack my phone then if BB10 is that easy to hack

Posted via CB10
    Well. If I can have physical access to it....

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:31 PM
    I would give Windows phone a go. I've always liked the UI and have wanted to check it out regardless.

I am hoping it doesn't come to that though.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-15 05:50 PM
    Ammm i don't know about you but I will be using bb slider with BlackBerry OS on it. But that's just me.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    06-22-15 09:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yea you can do what top gov officials can't lol .....right buddy

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    wasabiGT likes this.
    06-22-15 09:46 PM
    Threads over guys. Call 75% of the population and tell them to throw their devices away. This guy has summed it all up for us. He got to the bottom line. We've been like, mid-line for so long, finally we're at the bottom. The root. The reason android is activating ~2 million devices a day is because, well "it sucks"

Since acknowledging this my z30 has: stopped power cycling on its own, stopped muting and pausing on its own, started syncing to exchange properly, headless apps work right now, we no longer have to call apps headless as if it's a gifted feature now too, we can just call them apps, I don't have to wipe my device every couple months to get functionality back, I can restore specific backup segments, all my friends started using BBM, I don't have regular browser crashes with only 2 tabs open, I don't run out of memory, the hub can search again, PIM drain is gone, instagram, snapchat, Netflix, HBO, Google, synology, uber, plex, MLB etc have all made native apps, special characters like ampersands can now be viewed in applications, the call screen doesn't hang for 5 seconds when I answer a call, my emails aren't default formatted to blue, blend doesn't remind me every 10 minutes that it's connected, I actually used protect to find my device rather than the page timing out and it making my phone beep 4 hours later in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop... those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more fixes.
    I get that there are no native apps, but wow, that is a host of problems. Are you unlucky or what ;-).

I've used the same Q10 for over 2 years. One device only. Other than the well-known app gap, there are no issues. On the other hand, it gains speed with every OS update. In comparison, my friend's Android phone has slowed down to a crawl in the same time period.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    ArcPlug likes this.
    06-23-15 12:15 AM
    I would wait and see how it functions together and weigh in. And if eventually it does not pan out then probably embrace an Iphone.

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    06-23-15 03:40 AM
    I'd probably buy the new bb android phone it's probably going to be a bb10 style android rom so it will only be an improvement on os 10

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Last time I checked, hackers dont need physical access to phones. They could hack it through networks and email addresses. Or am I mistaken?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 11:42 AM
    It's funny how some are so anti-android but bb10 is pretty much dependent on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 02:21 PM
    It's funny how some are so anti-android but bb10 is pretty much dependent on it.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it more like users depending on Android apps?

Via Pasta CB10
    wasabiGT and extisis like this.
    06-23-15 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Please do explain in details and proof.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-23-15 03:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Think you got it twisted

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-24-15 02:55 PM
    Android (Sony) most likely may be Windows 10 that's a wait and see.

I even entertained going back to os7 on a 9930

Via Passport via CB10
    06-24-15 03:06 PM
    I would stay with my z30 and then go to a classic just stay with the old software
    06-24-15 05:19 PM
    I would stay with my z30 and then go to a classic just stay with the old software
    As long as it still functions why not? I change my answer to using BB10 indefinitely. Maybe just collect phones and change between them.

Mondays- Passport
    Tuesdays- Classic
    Wednesdays- Q10/Q5 bridged with PB
    Thursdays- Z10
    Fridays- Z30
    Saturdays- Slider*
    Sundays- Z3/Leap

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-24-15 10:25 PM
    Since the Hub is imo one of the best features of BlackBerry and a feature I never want to live without, I was seeing what is available device-wise, should the god awful ever happen (i.e., BlackBerry no longer has devices available). I know BlackBerry plans on releasing the Hub for Android and ios, but I suspect it will not work as smoothly as on a native BlackBerry. So, I ended up in a forum that was an Android one, dedicated to the topic of the Hub. Almost every poster was a former BlackBerry 10 user and everyone of them was lamenting how much they missed their BlackBerry Hub and why oh why can't someone develop a Hub for Android (a few posters also lamented that there isn't anything on ios either). I found this both hilarious (why not come back to BlackBerry?) and a bit upsetting (really? No true Hub experience on any other platform?). I just hope my devices last long enough for what I hope to be more and more BlackBerry devices, all with the Hub.
    06-25-15 12:59 PM
    Since the Hub is imo one of the best features of BlackBerry and a feature I never want to live without, I was seeing what is available device-wise, should the god awful ever happen (i.e., BlackBerry no longer has devices available). I know BlackBerry plans on releasing the Hub for Android and ios, but I suspect it will not work as smoothly as on a native BlackBerry. So, I ended up in a forum that was an Android one, dedicated to the topic of the Hub. Almost every poster was a former BlackBerry 10 user and everyone of them was lamenting how much they missed their BlackBerry Hub and why oh why can't someone develop a Hub for Android (a few posters also lamented that there isn't anything on ios either). I found this both hilarious (why not come back to BlackBerry?) and a bit upsetting (really? No true Hub experience on any other platform?). I just hope my devices last long enough for what I hope to be more and more BlackBerry devices, all with the Hub.
    I think it shows how much BB10 lacks in other areas. Plenty of folks in other platforms like the hub, just not enough to overcome the shortcomings on BB10.

I believe apps and accessories are the biggest differentiator.
    06-25-15 01:23 PM
284 ... 9101112