... Oh and also, android have tons of more apps than the bb world.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Ehhmmm..... let's say... there are 1 million Android apps ( probably more ).... about each app has been copied by at least 4 other "developers " so their down to 250.000 real apps. Most apps have a free or a paid version. ( free version have often very annoying data and battery consuming advertisement) So then it's down to 125.000 real apps. ( take those numbers with a grain of salt... you get my drift) and half of them don't even work properly....

How many of those apps do you have on your phone?? Maybe 25/30 or so... ( if you are a heavy user then maybe more) and truly ask yourself...how many of those 25/30 apps do you actually use??

So... is there really a need for millions of apps? No... it's mostly the.. "my friend/.. has access to those apps and I want that to" thing.

And yes... my previous phones where Android... so I know what i'm talking about.

So are Android apps so much better and versatile?? I.M.H.O.....No!!

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-20-15 09:15 AM
    Ehhmmm..... let's say... there are 1 million Android apps ( probably more ).... about each app has been copied by at least 4 other "developers " so their down to 250.000 real apps. Most apps have a free or a paid version. ( free version have often very annoying data and battery consuming advertisement) So then it's down to 125.000 real apps. ( take those numbers with a grain of salt... you get my drift) and half of them don't even work properly....

How many of those apps do you have on your phone?? Maybe 25/30 or so... ( if you are a heavy user then maybe more) and truly ask yourself...how many of those 25/30 apps do you actually use??

So... is there really a need for millions of apps? No... it's mostly the.. "my friend/.. has access to those apps and I want that to" thing.

And yes... my previous phones where Android... so I know what i'm talking about.

Partly true and partly not. First, you have more choice. If you're looking for an app to do X you have more to chose from. Second, if a friend shows you an app you really like, you can get it. Nothing wrong with having options.
    06-20-15 09:30 AM

Interesting perspective.

The numbers argument is such a red herring. It's not about raw numbers; it's about the variety of apps the raw numbers bring.

Android apps ARE better and more versatile. Even the CEO acknowledges this.
    TgeekB and mornhavon like this.
    06-20-15 09:32 AM
    Once they release an android phone I'm getting a Jolla phone.
    06-20-15 10:00 AM
    And there is that " hype" thing... a new app comes in... everybody wants that app... a half year later no one uses it anymore because the "hype" is over. And then it becomes a forgotten app... But that still counts as one of the millions of apps.

06-20-15 10:12 AM

You are completely wrong but right at the same time. In the real world there are only two app stores. Windows phones has the same problem. Without Snap etc BlackBerry would have very few apps. Maybe enough apps for you but not enough for the average consumer.

I suspect at the end of the day, we shall just see Android BlackBerry PKB phones in the consumer space and on line purchase of BB10 models with no run time. Something has to happen because it appears that BB10 PKB buyers are in short supply.

BlackBerry made a error in not coming out with a top line all touch model or slider last fall IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 10:18 AM
    And there is that " hype" thing... a new app comes in... everybody wants that app... a half year later no one uses it anymore because the "hype" is over. And then it becomes a forgotten app... But that still counts as one of the millions of apps.

Good point. Just the other day, I was looking through all the folders on my Z10 and boy did I delete a ton of apps. There were quite a few I downloaded and either never used since doing so, or I used to use, but no longer do.
    06-20-15 12:25 PM
    I really feel I'm being followed by those US operating systems. I liked Symbian, then a US company came and destroyed that. Now I'm on BB10 which I really like, now with a US CEO Blackberry will perhaps move to Android. Will the same happen to the next OS I might choose?

I will never buy a phone with a US OS.
    I will never buy an Android phone.
    I will never buy an iOS phone.
    I will never buy a WP phone again. (I did and the OS is crap)

Not many OS left for me now. Jolla perhaps but they seem to have taken a year long vacation. Firefox could be a possibility.

If BB10 disappears it will definitely feel much harder and the possible choices are becoming less.
    If you think the NSA doesn't have its hooks into anything Linux based your mistaken

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 12:52 PM

I suspect at the end of the day, we shall just see Android BlackBerry PKB phones in the consumer space and on line purchase of BB10 models with no run time.
    But for now... al our BB10 devices have that runtime..and will continue as long as they "live"

Not to look stupid or anything... But on a stock BB10 device... what are the build in runtime apps?

06-20-15 01:00 PM
    You are completely wrong but right at the same time. In the real world there are only two app stores. Windows phones has the same problem. Without Snap etc BlackBerry would have very few apps. Maybe enough apps for you but not enough for the average consumer.

I suspect at the end of the day, we shall just see Android BlackBerry PKB phones in the consumer space and on line purchase of BB10 models with no run time. Something has to happen because it appears that BB10 PKB buyers are in short supply.

BlackBerry made a error in not coming out with a top line all touch model or slider last fall IMO.

Posted via CB10
    You are right, there are only two app stores that matter and the reluctance of major players in the app market to support anything other other than those two stores is what has led to the app gap an all other platforms. If there was a way to get Netflix, SnapChat, instagram and a handful of others, the app gap would be much more easy to accept.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:36 PM
    I just installed BBM on an Android phone, it feels exactly like BBM on BB10. If they can make BBM bb10-like on Android and iOS, then I can see them making a fabulous Android experience that will be very attractive to the enterprise customers and prosumers that they are losing to the big two.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 01:44 PM
    Android sucks. Bottom line.
    Threads over guys. Call 75% of the population and tell them to throw their devices away. This guy has summed it all up for us. He got to the bottom line. We've been like, mid-line for so long, finally we're at the bottom. The root. The reason android is activating ~2 million devices a day is because, well "it sucks"

Since acknowledging this my z30 has: stopped power cycling on its own, stopped muting and pausing on its own, started syncing to exchange properly, headless apps work right now, we no longer have to call apps headless as if it's a gifted feature now too, we can just call them apps, I don't have to wipe my device every couple months to get functionality back, I can restore specific backup segments, all my friends started using BBM, I don't have regular browser crashes with only 2 tabs open, I don't run out of memory, the hub can search again, PIM drain is gone, instagram, snapchat, Netflix, HBO, Google, synology, uber, plex, MLB etc have all made native apps, special characters like ampersands can now be viewed in applications, the call screen doesn't hang for 5 seconds when I answer a call, my emails aren't default formatted to blue, blend doesn't remind me every 10 minutes that it's connected, I actually used protect to find my device rather than the page timing out and it making my phone beep 4 hours later in the middle of the night and wouldn't stop... those are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are more fixes.
    notfanboy likes this.
    06-21-15 04:12 AM
    Threads over guys. Call 75% of the population and tell them to throw their devices away. This guy has summed it all up for us. He got to the bottom line. We've been like, mid-line for so long, finally we're at the bottom. The root. The reason android is activating ~2 million devices a day is because, well "it sucks"
    The simple reasons for these activation numbers are price, availability and capability.

If Android devices would retail at the same prices as iOS devices, I doubt that we would see anything like 2 million devices a day.
    Also, at least if I am not mistaken, tablet sales count as well.

If Android sucks, is a different matter though.
    Right now I'd tend to say yes, but it sucks for me, because I simply don't like the OS, and it gets more and more obvious each day.

If we can objectively ascert that Android sucks, is something I sadly doubt.
    The OS seems to be adequate for quite a number of people.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-21-15 04:35 AM
    If you think the NSA doesn't have its hooks into anything Linux based your mistaken

Posted via CB10
    It has nothing to do with Linux, it has to do with Google services. It's in the Google Play services the eavesdropping happens not in the Linux kernel. Also, this doesn't need to involve NSA but the fact Google collects the information and can give/sell the information to anyone they please.
    06-21-15 05:36 AM
    The simple reasons for these activation numbers are price, availability and capability.

If Android devices would retail at the same prices as iOS devices, I doubt that we would see anything like 2 million devices a day.
    Also, at least if I am not mistaken, tablet sales count as well.

If Android sucks, is a different matter though.
    Right now I'd tend to say yes, but it sucks for me, because I simply don't like the OS, and it gets more and more obvious each day.

If we can objectively ascert that Android sucks, is something I sadly doubt.
    The OS seems to be adequate for quite a number of people.
    As an owner of ios, Android and BB10...I feel comfortable saying that ios is the worst operating system I've ever used. I am using pure Android and not HTC or Samsung though. Regardless I have to say once again that ios is completely horrible. I rather like pure Android and BB10.

06-21-15 06:39 AM
    As an owner of ios, Android and BB10...I feel comfortable saying that ios is the worst operating system I've ever used. I am using pure Android and not HTC or Samsung though. Regardless I have to say once again that ios is completely horrible. I rather like pure Android and BB10.

I use Android daily for some 7 months now, alongside of a BB10 device.
    I prefer the HTC Sense skin to the normal Android look though (really, a triangle, a rectangle and circle as UI elements for complex operations?).

But yeah, funnily enough, I simply don't like Android. The way it operates, the way it feels, the way the apps look compared to iOS and BB10, and the knowledge that I am the product, make me dislike Android even more.

My GF has an iPad and an iPhone currently, so I have quite a bit of first hand knowledge, apart from my personal interest for the platform.

My rating would therefore be BB10 (without Android apps. I don't use them)>iOS>Android>WP.
    06-21-15 08:55 AM
    I use a pure Android and a BB10 device. I use the Android mainly for apps that I can't get on BB10 or for apps that don't perform as well on BB10. I use BB10 since it's hub integration, it's pim functionality and it smooth handling of messaging is the best I've ever seen.
    06-21-15 09:18 AM
    Its actually confirmed. BB is already android.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 10:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-21-15 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Lmao Source please!

Via Pasta CB10
    06-21-15 11:14 AM
    Lmao Source please!

Via Pasta CB10
    Well i called up my carrier to inquire about post paid plan specific for blackberry . They have what they call BBMax plans here. And so after waiting on the line, the agent told me that my z30 is not qualified for a BB plan since its OS is android. I was like "Can you check that again. BB is not android." She again put me on hold and when she came back she said that she can't give me a BB plan since BB OS 10 is android already and that she confirmed it with their tech support. I had to really try hard not to laugh and managed to say "whaaat?" and had to hang up. That was like the best april-fools -day-joke -in-June. Lol.

Hey Mr JC, somebody is already going ahead with the big announcement. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-15 11:31 AM
    I will buy BlackBerry no matter what OS is on it. BlackBerry with Android will still be different from android alone. Im sure BlackBerry will implement everything that makes BlackBerryn BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Same here. I can't imagine Blackberry would produce a device running Android without making it Blackberry to the core as much as is possible. Focus on communications. Hub. Great native email. Physical keyboard hardware as an option.

06-21-15 11:34 AM
    Same here. I can't imagine Blackberry would produce a device running Android without making it Blackberry to the core as much as is possible. Focus on communications. Hub. Great native email. Physical keyboard hardware as an option.

You're going to be dumbfounded. The supposed all-android device already has worse specs than the Z10...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-21-15 11:52 AM
    I use Android daily for some 7 months now, alongside of a BB10 device.
    I prefer the HTC Sense skin to the normal Android look though (really, a triangle, a rectangle and circle as UI elements for complex operations?).

But yeah, funnily enough, I simply don't like Android. The way it operates, the way it feels, the way the apps look compared to iOS and BB10, and the knowledge that I am the product, make me dislike Android even more.

My GF has an iPad and an iPhone currently, so I have quite a bit of first hand knowledge, apart from my personal interest for the platform.

My rating would therefore be BB10 (without Android apps. I don't use them)>iOS>Android>WP.
    At least we have options. I wish webos could make a comeback.

06-21-15 12:24 PM
    At least we have options. I wish webos could make a comeback.

Or Meego/Maemo.
    I really liked that one
    grover5 likes this.
    06-21-15 12:48 PM
284 ... 89101112