So you expect everything to be free in App World?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I know what he means. I came from WP and most of good apps were paid too, but there are great developers that make ad based apps, so paying was optional.

O BlackBerry store is even worse, no good free app, at least not native app. So, get Google play or amazon and be happy.

So, isn't possible to make ad based apps here?

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    06-17-15 10:39 PM
    BlackBerry!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport [ 10.3.2.680 ]
    06-17-15 11:37 PM
    I know what he means. I came from WP and most of good apps were paid too, but there are great developers that make ad based apps, so paying was optional.

O BlackBerry store is even worse, no good free app, at least not native app. So, get Google play or amazon and be happy.

So, isn't possible to make ad based apps here?

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    navita translator works like a charm and is free... gas buddy... navfree... evernote... reddit... etc etc

there's other free apps i don't use but have great ratings... you mind giving examples besides saying "no good free [native] app"
    06-18-15 01:37 AM
    I would be happy with Android if Hub and email systems are integrated from BB OS10. I am basically using blackberry for its emailing system, as long as, same is available I will keep on using blackberry.
    I will explore windows 10 phone.

Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    Yep. That's the thing. No one really seems to focus on email and communications like BlackBerry in my opinion. I am using Aquamail on Android which is pretty good. But still no hub.

I think if BlackBerry can bring that over to Android it would be pretty nice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-18-15 03:20 AM
    iOS. Android will never be an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 08:44 AM
    If BlackBerry manages to deliver a well working UI for Android I think this could be a great thing. BlackBerry productivity paired with the excellent Android ecosystem and full Google integration? Why not?

Plus they would be the only Android phone manufacturer offering great physical keyboards.

If it turns out to be a nonsense, then I would probably go with Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Android sucks. Bottom line.
    06-18-15 02:35 PM
    If that's the case I'm gonna buy a Passport... It will be BB10 and it will be powerful enough for the years to come...

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:03 PM
    Any available BB10 device, failing that a Windows phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 03:05 PM
    The best PKB device I can get. If that means I'm Q10 for life then fine. The Slider if/when it comes. I'm not one of those knee-jerk Android haters, so I'll get the slider if it's Android or BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-18-15 03:31 PM
    I really feel I'm being followed by those US operating systems. I liked Symbian, then a US company came and destroyed that. Now I'm on BB10 which I really like, now with a US CEO Blackberry will perhaps move to Android. Will the same happen to the next OS I might choose?

I will never buy a phone with a US OS.
    I will never buy an Android phone.
    I will never buy an iOS phone.
    I will never buy a WP phone again. (I did and the OS is crap)

Not many OS left for me now. Jolla perhaps but they seem to have taken a year long vacation. Firefox could be a possibility.

If BB10 disappears it will definitely feel much harder and the possible choices are becoming less.
    06-18-15 03:42 PM
    I will hold my opinion on the Android phones until I see them. Android secured with an BlackBerry launcher would not be as terrible as everyone describes. Obviously I prefer BB10. If I had to leave BlackBerry it would be windows phone 10

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.440
    06-18-15 05:39 PM
    Anything but ios. I won't go back again.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:01 PM
    EBay for an older blackberry

Posted via CB10
    06-18-15 06:10 PM
    Planning to stock up on q10, q5, pp, classic, z30 and update them to the latest os when available. Use them one at a time until a unit gives up. That could last me at least 15 years with spare batteries.

Posted via CB10
    TCB on Z10 and Anthony_2u like this.
    06-18-15 08:07 PM
    Planning to stock up on q10, q5, pp, classic, z30 and update them to the latest os when available. Use them one at a time until a unit gives up. That could last me at least 15 years with spare batteries.

Posted via CB10
    Haha, nice solution lol. Bb10 is safe for the time being though. The Android handset(s) are just a way of selling handsets, that division is the one that's been struggling within BlackBerry. BlackBerry 10 is what keeps the military and government contracts so I fully expect the Android BlackBerrys to be firmly targeted at consumers while BlackBerry 10 will be aimed squarely at the customers that they already are targeted at. That does not mean that you won't be able to buy a BlackBerry 10 device as a consumer of course, it just means more market penetration for BlackBerry. There must be a ton of Android users who love the physical keyboard but also love Android, given how BlackBerry bitchslapped Typo, it is evident that BlackBerry is keen to prevent anyone from impinging on their holy grail. That only happens for one reason: BlackBerry is going to be the best and probably the only manufacturer of Android handsets with a physical keyboard. This is where the money lies for the handset division. Within Android, I can see it playing out like this: Samsung = great screen, nice design, decent camera. Sony = waterproof, PS4 integration, angular design, very decent camera. HTC = aluminium block design, great speakers, decent camera. BlackBerry = decent camera, steel incorporated design, killer speakers, keyboard. LG = gorgeous display, decent camera, leather back etc.

Of course, the other differential is the manufacturers software or bloatware. Typically this is a matter of taste and possible benefit to the user. Obviously, BlackBerry's skin would be email/messaging centric which would no doubt be of value to many consumers. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a BlackBerry 10 device as my primary/work phone and a BlackBerry Android as my private/secondary handset. I currently use a Passport/Z30 combination.

in my opinion it's a solid move by Mr Chen and in no way signals the end of BlackBerry 10.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    TCB on Z10 likes this.
    06-18-15 11:14 PM
    iOS.
    Have an HTC One for some 7 months now, and I already have enough from Android.
    06-19-15 08:41 AM
    Windows phone or! OS

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:06 PM
    2 cans and a string.
    06-19-15 03:13 PM
    I thinking of starting a messenger pigeon service if bb10 goes kaput. Any one wanna get in on this? XD

Posted via CB10
    06-19-15 03:42 PM
    Android sucks. Bottom line.
    What really sucks is that sucky Android is stomping on Blackberry. What does that mean for Blackberry?
    06-19-15 04:04 PM
    What really sucks is that sucky Android is stomping on Blackberry. What does that mean for Blackberry?

Yeah funny how all these crap and sucky systems are beating BlackBerry. What's also funny is how fanboys ridicule "sheep" for dismissing and not taking up BlackBerry 10 and yet do the same to the same to other systems. What happened to being open minded and not being sheep?
    TgeekB, MarsupilamiX and mornhavon like this.
    06-19-15 04:10 PM
    Yeah funny how all these crap and sucky systems are beating BlackBerry. What's also funny is how fanboys ridicule "sheep" for dismissing and not taking up BlackBerry 10 and yet do the same to the same to other systems. What happened to being open minded and not being sheep?
    Exactly my point. If you like Blackberry, use it! It doesn't require mocking Android or ios. If you like Android, use it! It doesn't require mocking Blackberry, etc. This used to be � place to come to learn about Blackberry features, etc. Its become a hate-fest. It somehow makes some people feel better.
    06-19-15 04:27 PM
    Exactly my point. If you like Blackberry, use it! It doesn't require mocking Android or ios. If you like Android, use it! It doesn't require mocking Blackberry, etc. This used to be � place to come to learn about Blackberry features, etc. Its become a hate-fest. It somehow makes some people feel better.

Exactly why I am here, I haven't had many opportunities to learn about BB10 since the handsets aren't regularly on display at carriers near me. I love tech and fascinated by it, I have my favourites (WP) but I do like what the others can do like the awesome gestures of BB10, TouchID on the iPhone and the customisability and ROMs on Android. I don't understand the hate.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-19-15 04:34 PM
    I might consider an Android device as long as it was pure Android. I can't stand the way the various companies butcher up Android. Touchwiz probably being the worst.

BlackBerry Passport 10.3.2.440
    06-19-15 07:09 PM
    While in Canada it's the flip side. There's barely any Windows phones around.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Sometimes I find myself in rooms where most people have BlackBerry, I live in Ottawa.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-15 08:08 AM
284 ... 7891011 ...