So the majority of you guys are gonna switch to IOS or Jolla
    I have to say I have never heard of the SailFish OS. Just checked it out on Google, so its an Open-Source Android just like those Nokia X devices.. Well, that was a complete FAIL.
    Your Google search was a fail, Sailfish is built on the open source Nemo project which uses a Linux Core and Qt, Sailfish just happens to have a Android App layer like BB10
    06-16-15 02:29 AM
    I don't have an alternative :s

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:05 AM
    Motorola StarTac
    JRF_1986 likes this.
    06-16-15 04:06 AM
    Blackberry apps sucks, limited, and barely got any support, and everything in the app world is not free. The free ones are just a trial or full of ads.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Your statement is just wrong and superficial. Why would you lump every single app and developer together? I don't get this.
    06-16-15 05:25 AM
    I think it is better if blackberry switching to android. Blackberry apps sucks, limited, and barely got any support, and everything in the app world is not free. The free ones are just a trial or full of ads. Now tell me again how can android apps are developed by greedy developers? Oh and also, android have tons of more apps than the bb world.

Why on earth should they be free?! Why don't you go to work for free for the next six months, just because that's the way your boss would like it?

Posted via CB10
    paulwallace1234 and web99 like this.
    06-16-15 07:20 AM
    I think it is better if blackberry switching to android. Blackberry apps sucks, limited, and barely got any support, and everything in the app world is not free. The free ones are just a trial or full of ads. Now tell me again how can android apps are developed by greedy developers? Oh and also, android have tons of more apps than the bb world.

My experience is the opposite. I find the Android application UI to be cheesy and old looking, the menus basic, and you can tell it is designed to be able to work with ultra low end hardware with no RAM. Whenever I'm running an Android app and see text input area in a menu or the spinning circle I just find it to be very unattractive and basic looking. Native BB10 apps look great but else don't have many, iOS apps look great, Android..... meh IMHO. Yes Android has a ton of apps, but you can tell that Apple is the priority for most devs, and Android is the second priority. Maybe 5.0 changed that, but the 4.x still looks the worst of everything I have seen. I'll definitely be moving to iOS when/if BlackBerry converts to Android. If migrating I'll go to the superior app platform for the US market and not the knock off second fiddle to the devs.

Posted via Z30
    06-16-15 07:55 AM

If they suck that badly get coding some yourself!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    06-16-15 08:45 AM
    I don't have an alternative :s

Posted via CB10
    WoW

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 09:41 AM
    WoW

Posted via CB10
    I'll have to stay with my passport forever

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:18 AM
    I'll just get a pager and use phone booths.

What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-cf66dcbd24e523313ce5f7bebcaf1e11.jpg
    What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-working_pay_phone.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 10:43 AM
    I'll just get a pager and use phone booths.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cf66dcbd24e523313ce5f7bebcaf1e11.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	357878

Name:	Working_pay_phone.JPG 
Views:	674 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	357879

Posted via CB10
    Old school. But are there enough phone booths left?

06-16-15 10:52 AM
    lol.. probably not.. I think they've been doing away with them..

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 11:00 AM
    I still have my z30 and a q5 coming up. I guess ill stick to these in the meantime. There's no other OS that can come close to the efficiency of BB10 imo that's why it doesn't need to be paired with octacore processors. If my memory serves me right, i cannot remember hanging issues/brick phones even once in my use of z10 and z30. If the rumors are true, then so be it. I hope blackberry comes up with Bb10 os phones even if they will go android. Let's wait and see. But yeah, no android, no windows phone ( its not a smartphone for me) and no ios for me ( i dont have money to buy overpriced OS and hardware). Blackberry is not that flashy but it gets the job done efficiently. :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 11:23 AM
    I just bought this as a backup phone.
    Attachment 357744
    I want it to be an 800XL and play Archon and M.U.L.E.

If I could buy an HTC One M9 ad stick Firefox OS on it, I'd seriously try that as my daily driver for a while. I think Webkit has gone off the rails: it's unstable everywhere, BB10 included. If they can't right the ship, I'll want an OS that's not so dependent on Webkit (Which means Windows Phone is in contention, too)
    06-16-15 03:46 PM
    Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:12 PM
    I want it to be an 800XL and play Archon and M.U.L.E.

If I could buy an HTC One M9 ad stick Firefox OS on it, I'd seriously try that as my daily driver for a while. I think Webkit has gone off the rails: it's unstable everywhere, BB10 included. If they can't right the ship, I'll want an OS that's not so dependent on Webkit (Which means Windows Phone is in contention, too)
    What is webkit and how is it commonly applied?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    06-17-15 05:47 AM
    Blackberry 10, if not iOS

Blackberry Classic
    06-17-15 05:54 AM
    BB10 ( Classic) otherwise Ubuntu phone

Posted via my awesome Classic
    06-17-15 05:59 AM
    What is webkit and how is it commonly applied?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    Webkit in short terms is what runs your browser, what loads and renders the pages, it's been changed so much it has become painfully buggy and unstable
    guygardner73 likes this.
    06-17-15 07:10 AM
    Webkit in short terms is what runs your browser, what loads and renders the pages, it's been changed so much it has become painfully buggy and unstable
    I think you have a "too many cooks spoil the broth" situation going on here: Google AND Apple and Konqueror and everyone all wanting their own stuff getting in there. I don't know how the development of Webkit is controlled, but blame it on the Webkit dev team, blame it on web site developers, blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah, I'm not sure who's at fault... but Webkit-based browsers "crash to desktop" pretty regularly on all platforms: Safari and Chrome on iOS, Chrome on Windows, BB Browser on BlackBerry 10.... Firefox on Windows is pretty darn stable and it may freeze if a script on a page runs amok, but it usually recovers after a delay.

But Website developers are putting too much into Websites, mostly in the way of third-party trackers and pointless adware. So maybe it's the Javascript engines that are flaky or at fault, but browser crashes are becoming more common and I don't think enough is being done to stabilize or trap errors.

So I'd love to give Firefox OS a try. One really good cook :-) I wish I could get Firefox on BB10.
    06-17-15 07:33 AM
    I think you have a "too many cooks spoil the broth" situation going on here: Google AND Apple and Konqueror and everyone all wanting their own stuff getting in there. I don't know how the development of Webkit is controlled, but blame it on the Webkit dev team, blame it on web site developers, blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah, I'm not sure who's at fault... but Webkit-based browsers "crash to desktop" pretty regularly on all platforms: Safari and Chrome on iOS, Chrome on Windows, BB Browser on BlackBerry 10.... Firefox on Windows is pretty darn stable and it may freeze if a script on a page runs amok, but it usually recovers after a delay.

But Website developers are putting too much into Websites, mostly in the way of third-party trackers and pointless adware. So maybe it's the Javascript engines that are flaky or at fault, but browser crashes are becoming more common and I don't think enough is being done to stabilize or trap errors.

So I'd love to give Firefox OS a try. One really good cook :-) I wish I could get Firefox on BB10.
    And that is why my website is just basic HTML and css, nothing fancy
    06-17-15 07:35 AM
    I've already begun working on my next secure communications.. end to end.. conference calls too..

What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-7234581-retro-communication-shown-two-tin-cans-string-childs-version-telephon.jpg
    What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-tin_can_telephone.jpg

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 08:14 AM
    If BlackBerry manages to deliver a well working UI for Android I think this could be a great thing. BlackBerry productivity paired with the excellent Android ecosystem and full Google integration? Why not?

Plus they would be the only Android phone manufacturer offering great physical keyboards.

If it turns out to be a nonsense, then I would probably go with Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 08:40 AM
    I've already begun working on my next secure communications.. end to end.. conference calls too..

Name:	7234581-Retro-communication-shown-by-two-tin-cans-on-a-string-for-a-childs-version-of-a-telephon.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	358040

Name:	tin_can_telephone.jpg 
Views:	592 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	358041

Posted via CB10
    Telemarketers were never a problem back in those days...

And if I'm not mistaken, that's where the phrase was coined, "hanging up in your face..."

What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-punch_main.jpg
    Anthony_2u likes this.
    06-17-15 12:08 PM

So you expect everything to be free in App World?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-17-15 07:12 PM
284 ... 678910 ...