Sailfish OS

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 10:23 AM
    I think now I'm going to hoard Q5s
    06-15-15 11:08 AM
    Because I am an independent old fart - Sailfish OS, then Ubuntu, then MS
    06-15-15 11:12 AM
    Did I miss something?. BlackBerry is not longer making BB10??? ..wait is this some 'what if ' then 'what would you do' threads? I wonder what one should read to get 'real' information. While we are at it....what would you do if you won the lottery or how would you live if we had world peace. Until it happens, life as usual.
    Mr4aces and Jakob Greve like this.
    06-15-15 11:30 AM
    I currently use a Q10 as the daily driver and a Nexus 5 to be able to get my work emails (plus and app or two here and there). I actually like the idea of an Android BlackBerry. Assuming I still get some of the BB10 features (like the Hub and improved security), I think I would like having only one device that can do what my two phones do today!
    06-15-15 11:49 AM
    I'm going back to my moto DPC 650! Take that!

Who knows I might give Blackdroid a chance
    06-15-15 11:54 AM
    I would group up all the really smart guys on CB...you know Withdrawl, Pdinos, Thurask, Usman, Bungaboy, shorski, hell I'd even find that Peevish guy. Then we would put our heads together and invent our own superior smartphone. In fact, I'm going to round them up right now.
    Haha
    06-15-15 11:55 AM
    I just purchased a Nokia Lumina 830. Nice phone so far.
    How's the battery holding up on the 830? I'm getting one this week
    06-15-15 11:55 AM
    Not really sure yet.... need to see where Windows 10 is going and what type of hardware becomes available.
    06-15-15 11:56 AM
    You know whats best!

I had these two! What do you think? A combo of these trusty and unique oldschooler and a modern day and age tablet?

http://coolspotters.com/files/photos...88-profile.jpg

http://www.mobiles-actus.com/photos/...kia-8850-2.jpghttp://www.dpl-surveillance-equipmen...okia-8850.jpeg
    LEGENDARY
    06-15-15 11:56 AM
    If there are no future BB devices with BB10, then I'd have to decide what to do. I don't think we are at that point yet though. I still think the slider will be offered as a hybrid of sorts, and that is what I'm planning to get. I'm stuck though with Verizon (work provided), so if I have to I might need to upgrade my Z10 to a Z30, even though I'd like something newer. If I could use a Passport on Verizon I'd already have one.
    06-15-15 11:57 AM
    I just bought this as a backup phone.
    What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-lumia640xl.jpg
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-15-15 12:00 PM
    I would group up all the really smart guys on CB...you know Withdrawl, Pdinos, Thurask, Usman, Bungaboy, shorski, hell I'd even find that Peevish guy. Then we would put our heads together and invent our own superior smartphone. In fact, I'm going to round them up right now.
    What's your next best alternative if BlackBerry makes Android phones?-under_the_gun_figure_of_speech_word_play_mousepad-r031388125bc34f129acde596e41efeac_x74vi_8byvr_.jpg
    06-15-15 12:27 PM
    So the majority of you guys are gonna switch to IOS or Jolla
    I have to say I have never heard of the SailFish OS. Just checked it out on Google, so its an Open-Source Android just like those Nokia X devices.. Well, that was a complete FAIL.
    extisis likes this.
    06-15-15 01:13 PM

I have to say I have never heard of the SailFish OS. Just checked it out on Google, so its an Open-Source Android just like those Nokia X devices.. Well, that was a complete FAIL.

Sailfish a based on Linux and Meego not a derivative of Android. Its pretty slick but still very much beta still.
    06-15-15 02:03 PM
    I have heard that BB wants to run Windows OS. True story.
    06-15-15 02:07 PM
    I'll use a BlackBerry Android device as both of those combined would be the best thing there is. Android is ridiculously superior to iOS and Windows Phone, it's not even remotely close. iOS only begins to shine if you have the entire suite of Apple hardware which I do not want to participate in. Ever.
    06-15-15 02:10 PM
    What is wrong with open source again? You think that because the source is available that it's less secure? If that's what you think then you really have some reading to do because that's really not the case whatsoever. Closed source is not more secure because the source is closed.
    06-15-15 02:12 PM
    I'll use a BlackBerry Android device as both of those combined would be the best thing there is. Android is ridiculously superior to iOS and Windows Phone, it's not even remotely close. iOS only begins to shine if you have the entire suite of Apple hardware which I do not want to participate in. Ever.
    I agree on Android being much better than ios. I don't understand how the iPhone is so popular.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Fidel Mercado likes this.
    06-15-15 02:22 PM
    What is wrong with open source again? You think that because the source is available that it's less secure? If that's what you think then you really have some reading to do because that's really not the case whatsoever. Closed source is not more secure because the source is closed.
    Don't kid yourself. Open Source is not more secure than closed source. Open Source only works IF good people find the bugs AND report it. OpenSSL and HeartBleed are a good example where it doesn't work. There are published reports that the US govt knew for two years about the bug and exploited it. Who says hackers didn't find the same flaw for two years. It would take a lot more time to reverse engineer closed source applications to find the flaws.
    southlander likes this.
    06-15-15 02:22 PM
    Wow. BlackBerry releases Android and they will have only couple thousand on bb10 platform. :s

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 02:26 PM
    I seriously doubt that any BlackBerry will run Android: it's a fact that actually no Android based brand of smartphones is profitable except for Samsung.

And I believe that JChen knows this.

Anyway if BB goes Android, I'll stick to BlackBerry 10 until it dies and only then I'll go Android. Except that Android is Android and then there's no need to stick to BlackBerry.
    06-15-15 02:31 PM
    I seriously doubt that any BlackBerry will run Android: it's a fact that actually no Android based brand of smartphones is profitable except for Samsung.

And I believe that JChen knows this.

Anyway if BB goes Android, I'll stick to BlackBerry 10 until it dies and only then I'll go Android. Except that Android is Android and then there's no need to stick to BlackBerry.
    who says they aren't teaming up?
    06-15-15 02:33 PM
    Don't kid yourself. Open Source is not more secure than closed source. Open Source only works IF good people find the bugs AND report it. OpenSSL and HeartBleed are a good example where it doesn't work. There are published reports that the US govt knew for two years about the bug and exploited it. Who says hackers didn't find the same flaw for two years. It would take a lot more time to reverse engineer closed source applications to find the flaws.
    There are also published reports that the NSA got through BlackBerry, even celebrating the fact. Neither point has anything to do with closed vs. open source.
    06-15-15 02:35 PM
    There are also published reports that the NSA got through BlackBerry, even celebrating the fact. Neither point has anything to do with closed vs. open source.
    This is a quote from CBC news. (Things may have changed since?): "Peter Misek of the U.S. investment banking firm Jefferies says that despite reports alleging the NSA has been able to bypass the security measures intended to protect data on iPhones, BlackBerrys and Android devices, his company, based on conversations it has had with the NSA, is convinced that the security agency has not successfully cracked BlackBerry's custom cryptography.
    "We think it's NSA-proof," Misek told CBC's business program Lang & O'Leary Exchange. "That security is so good, it takes four million years on brute compute force to hack it."

BB, Still the One
    06-15-15 02:45 PM
284 ... 45678 ...