I will support the brand, so long as they make products I can and want to use. If it takes an Android based OS to save BlackBerry, then bring it on.

No technology company has ever made a major change without alienating folks, so if going Android results in a net gain, it's still a win for BlackBerry.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, Verizon, no camera, 10.3.2.680
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    06-14-15 11:51 AM
    Massive hype about BlackBerry going fully Android?
    What are the sources??
    The interesting thing to me is that there are no real sources denying the rumor. John Chen has recorded no denial of the rumor and there's been an avalanche of debate on CB with many people planning to jump ship. I know he's an awful CEO, but the pledge of support for BB10 came unattributed to an individual and no c-level employee has denied the rumor. Plus, whenever there's a change, BB has often prepared us for that change by seeding the idea here on the CB forums. The Android rumor has been around here for a long time now.
    06-14-15 11:55 AM
    I'll stay will bb10 since it's not going anywhere or I would get the BlackBerry android. Both ios and windows are dead OS with ios falling market share and windows is nonexistent as I have never seen a single person using it ever.

Posted via CB10
    Really? I've seen far more people using Windows Phone than BlackBerry 10. Market research shows they are only about 3% in the US, but BlackBerry is about 0.3%.

iOS is probably the best mainstream mobile OS on the market today. Far more secure than Android and a way better app ecosystem. And the kernel is being refactored by BlackBerry's former BB10 guru. I like BB10 because it feels so natural to navigate and I like the productivity of it all, but Android is just... awful? Basically, BlackBerry died when John Chen became CEO. If the slider is Android, I'll buy Microsoft's Windows 10 flagship or the next iPhone.
    06-14-15 12:00 PM
    Motorola StarTac!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 12:02 PM
    Not sure. I'll have to see how the physical keyboard is integrated with Android, if BlackBerry puts out an Android phone.

Otherwise (somewhat reluctantly), iOS.

Q10/10.3.1.2582
    Last edited by clickitykeys; 06-14-15 at 12:17 PM.
    06-14-15 12:05 PM
    I am thinking to load android leaks lol!
    No more searching for apps to work, doing patch and everything.
    I would love to have blackberry android with same BBOS10 UI.

 Passport�
    06-14-15 12:08 PM
    Motorola StarTac!

Posted via CB10
    You know whats best!

I had these two! What do you think? A combo of these trusty and unique oldschooler and a modern day and age tablet?

06-14-15 12:10 PM
    IOS. If I'm going to change, going to best app catalog and the highest quality ones. Android is still second fiddle to IOS to most US based developers and corporations that leverage apps to access them.

Posted via Z30
    06-14-15 12:45 PM
    Q10, and when it dies a MS phone! No ios or android!
    06-14-15 12:57 PM
    I'll use BB10 devices until they no longer function securely or cabably.

Then I'd consider a BB brand device running Android which I assume would be "BlackBerry'd" up so it would have the Hub and VKB etc... if it's a Slider then whether or not it runs BB10 or Android, I'd buy it and try it out before I'd decide if I'll settle back on BB10.

If BB10 and BlackBerry devices aren't an option, then probably iOS. Android and iOS both annoy me, but iOS annoys me in less annoying ways than Android annoys me.
    BeautyEh likes this.
    06-14-15 01:13 PM
    I would give Jolla Sailfish a try.
    If that won't suit me then i go (back) to an iPhone.
    06-14-15 01:22 PM
    I can see them selling bb10 devices only to corporate and government entities and selling android phones to the public. Who knows for sure until it happens.
    TgeekB likes this.
    06-14-15 01:34 PM
    I can see them selling bb10 devices only to corporate and government entities and selling android phones to the public. Who knows for sure until it happens.
    This might be exactly what they are thinking.
    06-14-15 01:52 PM
    i'm proud to say i cannot say "i'll go back to IOS" because i never went there in the first place. Windows Phone for me... used it before it got all fancy with the tiles. Of course, i'd use my Z30 till it disintegrates to dust first.
    06-14-15 02:25 PM
    IOS. If I'm going to change, going to best app catalog and the highest quality ones. Android is still second fiddle to IOS to most US based developers and corporations that leverage apps to access them.

Posted via Z30
    hard to fathom why you're using a Z30 based on this.
    06-14-15 02:27 PM
    To own any of the top three doesn't make you a sheep, getting something that can't do what you need it to makes you a sheep. Also did you know the Dreamcast ran on Windows CE?

Like the BlackBerry the Sega Dreamcast didn't do too well due to poor choices such as the use of a GD drive instead of DVD drive and high prices.
    LOL, nice try. But what has one thing to do with the other??? You are comparing apple with pears.

The BB has everything I need. I guess you are the sheep if you must have SnapChat, Instagramm, DuckfaceSelfie or Angry Birds

I am a communication guy who needs tools. BB does it best. I controll how I get contacted by not choosing to have every app. I don't need it, like you. So I am not the sheep, buddy Sorry.

Yeah, Dreamcast had Windows CE. So what?

Did you owned a Dreamcast? How old are you?
    The GD-ROM dilemma was one flaw! People could easily copy games. It was the time, where you copied everything on CDR's. By the time, owning a DVD-player was costly. So when the PS2 came out with DVD-player, it was a no-brainer. Also EA didn't develop any games for Sega Dreamcast! It was still a gem.

But again, your comparisons were a little bit weak.

Each to their own. Be happy by owning devices every hipster, soccer-mom (no pun intended) or mass has, because "everyone owns it, right?" I decide not following the herd, and I feel FN'ing cool
    Allanon89 and miker476 like this.
    06-14-15 02:28 PM
    LOL, nice try. But what has one thing to do with the other??? You are comparing apple with pears.

The BB has everything I need. I guess you are the sheep if you must have SnapChat, Instagramm, DuckfaceSelfie or Angry Birds

I am a communication guy who needs tools. BB does it best. I controll how I get contacted by not choosing to have every app. I don't need it, like you. So I am not the sheep, buddy Sorry.

The GD-ROM dilemma was one flaw! People could easily copy games. It was the time, where you copied everything on CDR's. By the time, owning a DVD-player was costly. So when the PS2 came out with DVD-player, it was a no-brainer. Also EA didn't develop any games for Sega Dreamcast! It was still a gem.

Each to their own. Be happy by owning devices every hipster, soccer-mom (no pun intended) or mass has, because "everyone owns it, right?" I decide not following the herd, and I feel FN'ing cool

I don't have SnapChat or most of the popular apps because my Lumia isn't supported, I had a Dreamcast and loved it an excellent console I also had the Saturn and the mega drive and I am 20.

I got my Lumia for app development, camera and the experience, researched it and weighed everything up. Nothing sheepish there.

Your premise of owning anything more popular than a Blackberry is being a sheep is flawed. I'm not an a big app user, I only use 2 - 4 a day at most. If BB do go android and it doesn't do what you need don't get it, if it does continue using them simple. There really can't be anything sheepish about that can it?
    06-14-15 02:37 PM
    I'll keep BlackBerry 10, if disappear then iOS

Blackberry Classic
    06-14-15 02:39 PM

Why do you care so much you have to resort to calling people names?
    twiggyrj likes this.
    06-14-15 02:40 PM
    I would be like Kardashian, out buying up my favorite BlackBerrys so I will never run out of them. I actually have Atari computers that still work and are cool tech, even today, but were totally awesome at the time. However, I do not think BlackBerry will end up like that as, although Atari were tech trailblazers with poor business practices, like BlackBerry, they did not know enough to hire a "Chen".

BB, Still the One
    06-14-15 02:58 PM
    I would be like Kardashian, out buying up my favorite BlackBerrys so I will never run out of them. I actually have Atari computers that still work and are cool tech, even today, but were totally awesome at the time. However, I do not think BlackBerry will end up like that as, although Atari were tech trailblazers with poor business practices, like BlackBerry, they did not know enough to hire a "Chen".

BB, Still the One
    Well if the Kardashian's use them, they must be serious communication devices.
    06-14-15 03:12 PM
    I would be happy with Android if Hub and email systems are integrated from BB OS10. I am basically using blackberry for its emailing system, as long as, same is available I will keep on using blackberry.
    I will explore windows 10 phone.

Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    Same here!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:16 PM
    BlackBerry as long as I can, if it does come to an end, Apple. As much as it pains me...but we have a Mac desktop, which I love, and wife and kid both have drank the Iphone Kool Aid.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 03:17 PM
    Right now I can only tell where I won't go. BlackBerry or no BlackBerry. IOS. Never.

BleedBlk-
    extisis and ArcPlug like this.
    06-14-15 03:19 PM
    Really? I've seen far more people using Windows Phone than BlackBerry 10. Market research shows they are only about 3% in the US, but BlackBerry is about 0.3%.

iOS is probably the best mainstream mobile OS on the market today. Far more secure than Android and a way better app ecosystem. And the kernel is being refactored by BlackBerry's former BB10 guru. I like BB10 because it feels so natural to navigate and I like the productivity of it all, but Android is just... awful? Basically, BlackBerry died when John Chen became CEO. If the slider is Android, I'll buy Microsoft's Windows 10 flagship or the next iPhone.
    While in Canada it's the flip side. There's barely any Windows phones around.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-14-15 03:43 PM
284 12345 ...