Even if Blackberry make an Android phone I'm sure they will continue to make a BlackBerry OS version.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 09:19 AM
    I suspect they will offer BB10 and Android for awhile, so I'll stick with BB10. When and if the day comes when BB10 is no longer available for consumers, then I'll go MS or IOS. The only way I'd use Android is if all G services were stripped from it, as in Cyanogen.

Posted via CB10
    Powdah likes this.
    06-14-15 09:35 AM
    iOS for me.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    06-14-15 09:36 AM
    First, it's only a rumour. Second, if it's true, it would only apply to one device out of several that BlackBerry would release in the same year. So there is no need to bail platforms if Android isn't your cup of tea. I will likely stick with BB10 devices unless the hybrid experience gets rave reviews. Regardless, I will continue to support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    06-14-15 09:51 AM
    Nexus 6

Though I'm on a wait and see attitude. Let's see if it does work well.

Passport | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204 | Globe PH
    06-14-15 09:53 AM
    Back to my Palm/HP pre3 or my first iPhone 2g...both of them are still running well! LOL

PP SQW100-1/ OS 10.3.2.2204
    06-14-15 09:58 AM
    I come from the iPhone to blackberry 10 so if BlackBerry make an android phone I'm still with them I have no problem owning an android BlackBerry phone it's a good idea BlackBerry will still be making blackberry10 phone
    06-14-15 09:59 AM
    Guys chill out! I am aware that it is just a rumor. But what IF? They dump bbb10? And start making android phones. Which OS will you switch to. I got only 11-12 people answering the question rest of them be like it ain't happening it's just a rumor XD. Chill guys! I hope it doesn't happen, I mean let's face it. Android Sucks!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:09 AM
    I'm not a big fan of Android as it's all over the place and I think Apple marks their product up way too much. If I had to switch OS I would definitely go with a Windows Phone with a nice camera
    jope28 and Blackberry-Prince like this.
    06-14-15 10:11 AM
    If they start making Android phones, I am moving to Windows. I am a software developer and Android is for people who don't want to pay for apps. That is why a lot of Android apps have ads.
    Why not Apple? Is that not where the developer makes the most profits? Just a question.

My suggestion for developers is to make an app that makes double typing go away. Make each key's sensitivity adjustable or have the keyboard soft ware only register the first signal from the key.

Posted via CB10
    pooar likes this.
    06-14-15 10:18 AM
    I would just keep using my q5, z10 or z30 cuz they are all still running great. No need to upgrade in the foreseeable future.

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    06-14-15 10:23 AM
    Buy another blackberry if I like the design, I didn't buy the passport because of the OS I bought it coz I liked the design and perceived functionality of the keyboard, so long as they're still offering something I'm interested in it can be any OS I will adapt to it.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:24 AM
    I will stock up on bb10 phones and hopefully by the time they die a new os comes out

Posted via CB10
    06-14-15 10:26 AM
    If Blackberry makes a Android based touchscreen device with a OS10 skin, I will be all in and buy one in a minute knowing I can used all my paid apps I already have in the Google play store. Only time will tell if and when its ever released?
    Ed YANG likes this.
    06-14-15 10:28 AM
    I loved your dream cast analogy. What do the dreamcast and bb10 have in common.... no developer support.

Posted via CB10
    Dreamcast was the last true gameing console. It was ahead of the time. First internet connection, futuristic Memory Cards with a screen for the Joypad (VMU), fun games like Sonic, Shen Mue or Crazy Taxy, etc. I could write a list here.

But yeah. It is nearly the same situation. And it is sad. I am perfectly fine with my passport and happy. But at the end it is all business.

If BB doesn't make money, we know the result. I hope we keep on moving. Because I can't imagine owning a crappy mass smartphone with touchscreens only. Or Windows or Android. It would be a nightmare being one of these sheeps. I feel awesome with my BB lying on the table. It fits my needs and I love NOT following the tribe.

So, let's hope all will be good, mate!
    06-14-15 10:28 AM
    I'll be with BlackBerry. I have confidence our user experience and security will not be compromised.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-14-15 10:36 AM
    Which Phone do would you choose if BlackBerry starts making android phones. I think BlackBerry 10 is the best and I don't want it to extinct. Well. I'm a big android hater so I'll obv go back to IOS or try windows phone. So tell me what would you guys do?
    I'll definitely give a BlackBerry Android device a shot, and I don't understand why others wouldn't do the same. It'll still be a BlackBerry, it'll still be secure, it'll still have a best in class keyboard. It'll just have a different OS, and a greater selection of apps.

I love BB10, don't get me wrong, and I hope BlackBerry continues to develop and improve it, and create additional BB10 devices. But an Android-powered BlackBerry isn't the end of the world.
    06-14-15 10:36 AM
    Surprised to see that I am not the only one researching about sailfish OS or keeping a BlackBerry android device if it keeps the BB10 productivity / behavior

Z30 - STA100-2 - 10.3.2.798
    Allanon89 likes this.
    06-14-15 10:39 AM
    Dreamcast was the last true gameing console. It was ahead of the time. First internet connection, futuristic Memory Cards with a screen for the Joypad (VMU), fun games like Sonic, Shen Mue or Crazy Taxy, etc. I could write a list here.

But yeah. It is nearly the same situation. And it is sad. I am perfectly fine with my passport and happy. But at the end it is all business.

If BB doesn't make money, we know the result. I hope we keep on moving. Because I can't imagine owning a crappy mass smartphone with touchscreens only. Or Windows or Android. It would be a nightmare being one of these sheeps. I feel awesome with my BB lying on the table. It fits my needs and I love NOT following the tribe.

So, let's hope all will be good, mate!

To own any of the top three doesn't make you a sheep, getting something that can't do what you need it to makes you a sheep. Also did you know the Dreamcast ran on Windows CE?

Like the BlackBerry the Sega Dreamcast didn't do too well due to poor choices such as the use of a GD drive instead of DVD drive and high prices.
    06-14-15 11:10 AM
    I'll definitely give a BlackBerry Android device a shot, and I don't understand why others wouldn't do the same. It'll still be a BlackBerry, it'll still be secure, it'll still have a best in class keyboard. It'll just have a different OS, and a greater selection of apps.

I love BB10, don't get me wrong, and I hope BlackBerry continues to develop and improve it, and create additional BB10 devices. But an Android-powered BlackBerry isn't the end of the world.
    No doubt
    06-14-15 11:27 AM
    I'd go wherever I can find a descent physical keyboard. If the only place for that is an Android based Blackberry, then I guess I'm stuck.
    06-14-15 11:40 AM
    I would be happy with Android if Hub and email systems are integrated from BB OS10. I am basically using blackberry for its emailing system, as long as, same is available I will keep on using blackberry.
    I will explore windows 10 phone.

Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    06-14-15 11:42 AM
    I will buy BlackBerry no matter what OS is on it. BlackBerry with Android will still be different from android alone. Im sure BlackBerry will implement everything that makes BlackBerryn BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    southlander likes this.
    06-14-15 11:43 AM
    I would be happy with Android if Hub and email systems are integrated from BB OS10. I am basically using blackberry for its emailing system, as long as, same is available I will keep on using blackberry.
    I will explore windows 10 phone.

Z30 10.3.2 thru CB10
    Yes! Im with you.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    06-14-15 11:44 AM
    I'll stay will bb10 since it's not going anywhere or I would get the BlackBerry android. Both ios and windows are dead OS with ios falling market share and windows is nonexistent as I have never seen a single person using it ever.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    06-14-15 11:44 AM
284 1234 ...