7 days away and companies are coming from left and right mentioning their support for BB10. Do some of you still believe app support is a problem for BB10? Let's not forget we still have a whole year left for support to continue, everything doesn't end after launch..
    01-23-13 12:45 PM
    I'm feeling pretty dang optimistic. There are just a few apps I'm worried about which aren't big name apps. For example My24, an app for 24 Hour Fitness. It has an extensive search for classes by instroctor, location, etc. Everything else I use I'm sure will be there, and might even have better substitutes. For example, I'll be using BB Travel instead of Orbitz.
    sirfly2fly likes this.
    01-23-13 12:49 PM
    A lot of great apps will be there...but I also feel some won't. Which is understandable.

RIM is aiming for quality over quantity and I'm ok with that.
    01-23-13 12:59 PM
    A lot of great apps will be there...but I also feel some won't. Which is understandable.

This.. Exactly this. I'm more pleased now than I was a few days ago.
    01-23-13 01:14 PM

Agreed. I don't download no-name apps on my devices, and I don't bog my devices down with hundreds of apps I never use. I have downloaded about 30 apps and all have a purpose.
    01-23-13 01:22 PM
    Agreed. I don't download no-name apps on my devices, and I don't bog my devices down with hundreds of apps I never use. I have downloaded about 30 apps and all have a purpose.
    foursquare and BeWeather are the only apps on my 9900 that don't come preinstalled.

Will probably change a little with BB10, but I'm just not an app nut.
    01-23-13 01:25 PM
    I'm also very pleased with the efforts put in by RIM and for those not there i do feel good about the substitutes like Trapeez for Tumblr and great twitter clients like neatly and Twimbow and Blaq. I'm already looking past the launch to what features and improvements we will see come to the OS and dev tools to see more great and functionality. Also when you browse through twitter you see companies announcing their apps under the radar, i've seen a few here and there
    01-23-13 01:34 PM

I'm so conflicted on this. As a user, I will be very disappointed if some of my go-to apps are missing.

But as a developer, I smell opportunity to offer users an alternative to their go-to apps.
    01-23-13 01:42 PM
    The one I'm most concerned about is Audible. They never did put out an app for BBOS 7 and it took them quite a while to get one out for WP7, then again for WP8. I listen to Audible books a lot, and I consider this a quality app, but I'm not optimistic for BB10 support at launch.
    01-23-13 01:52 PM
    The apps not at launch will eventually come if they teh devs are smart and want to make cash raise their fanbase or whatever there's a fresh platform to hop on.All those apps that did not have enough notoriety on otehr platform will be here looking for a fresh and new start more subscribers,cash.All it ever takes is a techblog site sayin example: New tumbler style type app gains 5 million downloads on BB10 that steam rolls to 10 milli and so forth.Then alarm bells hits the developers that didnt jump on by the time they sort their app out it will be too late the BB10 alternative app will get new buzz and hype everyoen will look at it .BB users will be already attached and happy,I think people know by now BB users are loyal.Any good developer that has jumped on BB10 will get love especially if he has used cascades
    Apps not at launch is not a bad thing we have plenty at launch that already is amazing.Apps not availaible at launch will eventually come over unless they are platform loyalist.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 01-23-13 at 04:10 PM.
    01-23-13 01:53 PM
    foursquare and BeWeather are the only apps on my 9900 that don't come preinstalled.

Will probably change a little with BB10, but I'm just not an app nut.
    I use those two as well .
    01-23-13 01:55 PM
    my one concern is dev's continued support for the apps.
    but there's nothing i can expect RIM to do about that
    01-23-13 02:04 PM
    Question - would it be understandable to assume that Android apps that utilize BB10-like gestures (like Plume, imo.im, etc) would be included on BB10? Also, do we know for sure that Google apps won't be on BB10? I've seen that G+ and YouTube have gesture driven apps now.
    01-23-13 02:51 PM
    my one concern is dev's continued support for the apps.
    but there's nothing i can expect RIM to do about that
    Yeah this is a pain, it's happened on the PB with loads of small apps (where they were just ported for a free PB or whatever) and with big name apps too...Plant v Zombies for example hasn't been updated in forever.
    01-24-13 07:41 AM
    The recent releases, like MLB which was one I was really looking for, make me wonder why we still haven't heard the "holy grail" type apps, if they are coming, why don't they say so and end this absurd speculation. Take all the reasons not to off the table now, before the 30th has been my opinion - RIM apparently disagree which is their right. I just don't see what holding on till the 30th does for them, that's my frustration speaking, having gone through this already with PlayBook.
    01-24-13 12:01 PM
    The recent releases, like MLB which was one I was really looking for, make me wonder why we still haven't heard the "holy grail" type apps, if they are coming, why don't they say so and end this absurd speculation. .
    Maybe the holy grail apps are waiting to see how BBX does before they sink money into developing for a brand new platform.

That also starts that conundrum - need apps to attract users but you need users to attract apps.
    randall2580 likes this.
    01-24-13 02:40 PM