about 40 to 50 meg a month.
    06-06-10 06:43 AM
    Started monitoring my usage since I heard about AT&T's switch to no unlimited plans. Almost done with work on the 3rd day of monitoring it and I am at 384MB. Granted thats buisness days, not sure if I use more or less data on the weekend, but 100MB a day on average. Translates to just under 3 GB a month. We'll see how the rest of the month goes.
    What type of stuff do you do in a normal day with your Blackberry? Just curious because 100 MB a day seems like alot (unless you're streaming stuff).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 04:27 PM
    I seem to be averaging about 2.5-3gb. I am currently at 2.4gb with my statement date on verizon being the 12th.

But I have PodTrapper Loaded and I DL a decent amount of podcasts. I think this is my biggest culprit right there.

It will be interesting if Verizon follows AT&T with the tiered plans. Getting and staying under 2gb could be tough. 3gb...no problem. But 2 means I would have to watch data a little closer, potentially choose to not DL certain casts, and then if I am getting close to my limit, keep podtrapper disconnected until after my statement date.

I am willing to do that if it saves me a few bucks each month.
    06-07-10 08:39 AM
    What type of stuff do you do in a normal day with your Blackberry? Just curious because 100 MB a day seems like alot (unless you're streaming stuff).

Yes I do stream a bit (Pandora) since our work network wont let us and I can't get any good music from terrestrial radio at my desk. So thats from about 8-5 every day. I also am beta testing RIM's Podcast application (have about 4-6 podcasts downloaded a day). Even when I'm not streaming though I get constant emails, twitter, IM's. The gf found groups in BBM so I get a new picture of our puppies a few times an hour. Pretty much the whole day my phone is making noise and buzzing.

Additionally, when I'm at work we are not allowed to have WiFi so its all EDGE (since I work in the middle of no where Iowa and have no 3G). I was amazed at how much data I went through with my 8310 as I couldn't really run more than one or two apps at a time due to memory. Now that I've upgraded to the 9700 its running everything constantly.
    Last edited by jeff.parent; 06-07-10 at 10:13 AM.
    06-07-10 10:00 AM
    im 9 days into this months bill and ive already used 25mb so im glad i have unlimited data
    06-09-10 02:45 AM
    My usage has gone up a bit since I installed BitBop.

I just checked it and saw this....

1,729,948.61 of Unlimited data used
    06-09-10 02:59 AM
    i use about 200-300 a month
    06-09-10 03:11 PM
    70MB, that's it.
    06-09-10 03:22 PM
    Yeah I stream pandora/slacker for about 2 hours a day, texting/bbm/email all day, stream youtube videos, download games, heavy internet browsing etc etc and I have yet to break a gig....
    06-09-10 03:47 PM
    My limit is 500 MB a month, if I had no limit, it'd be in the 100's of GBs.
    06-09-10 04:33 PM
    I use between 3 and 4 gigs of data a month.
    07-08-10 04:36 PM
    I averaged just under 1gb a month over the last year.
    07-08-10 05:38 PM
    I just went back to check my data usage and their is a significant difference between now and back before I got a wifi enabled device. Prior to wifi I was in the 1.5 - 2 gig range. Now that I have wifi I have stayed under 200 megabytes with the exception of last month, where I was at 726 megabytes. And I can't figure out why such a jump...except maybe my phone was trying to download Podcasts at work. Nothing else comes to mind.

I'm curious as to what you gig and above users are actually DOING with your Blackberries. That's a lot of data for a handheld.

Heck, I was surprised even during the month my husband was in the hospital I was still under 200 megabytes. And all I DID was use my Blackberry during that period...to keep up with work, to keep up with people, to entertain myself when he wasn't awake...
    07-08-10 09:07 PM
    I seem to be averaging about 2.5-3gb. I am currently at 2.4gb with my statement date on verizon being the 12th.

But I have PodTrapper Loaded and I DL a decent amount of podcasts. I think this is my biggest culprit right there.

It will be interesting if Verizon follows AT&T with the tiered plans. Getting and staying under 2gb could be tough. 3gb...no problem. But 2 means I would have to watch data a little closer, potentially choose to not DL certain casts, and then if I am getting close to my limit, keep podtrapper disconnected until after my statement date.

I am willing to do that if it saves me a few bucks each month.
    I believe I read all the companies should eventually switch to the limited data plan. Don't quote me though

07-08-10 10:26 PM
    I am nearing a gig this month.

I haven't used anywhere above half a gig until I started streaming podcasts (both audio and video), and sending files through BBM. I have also used some tethering this month so that contributes too.

07-08-10 10:50 PM
    Around 250MB but on wifi majority of the time.

07-09-10 12:18 AM
    I'm struggling to break the 1GB barrier. I average 400mb/month. I want to put my unlimited data to better use.

What can I do to use more data? What uses a lot of data? radio streaming?
    04-25-11 01:15 PM
    Streaming music and tethering will boost that number very quickly.
    04-25-11 01:27 PM
    Virgin UK
    �20/$32 per month
    3000 sms
    200 mins voice any network
    1 gig data

used to date
    Cost Allowance Category Allowance Type Unit Balance
    Inclusive Tariff Texts 3000 1842
    Inclusive Tariff Minutes 200 107
    Inclusive Tariff Data 1.00GB 1022.02MB

My data never seems to mount up, despite BBM, e mails - use both for sending larger files ?????? every month have 1022 mb data left?
    04-25-11 03:06 PM
    I'm struggling to break the 1GB barrier. I average 400mb/month. I want to put my unlimited data to better use.

What can I do to use more data? What uses a lot of data? radio streaming?
    With my Sirius/XM radio app + all the YouTube videos I watch at the gym and at night, I blaze through 3GB a month easily. I love Verizon since they still have unlimited data.
    04-25-11 03:09 PM
170 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD