I went to MobileSpeedTest.com with the 3 different browsers installed on my BlackBerry.
    These are the results I got:

Opera Mini 4.2 = 2,352.941 Kbps
    Bolt = 1,904.762 Kpbs
    BlackBerry Browser = 66.225 Kpbs

The default browser doesn't come close to Bolt and Opera Mini. Many people claim that Bolt is faster than Opera Mini. Opera Mini has always been the fastest of the 3.
    The default browser has always been the slowest.

What speeds are you all getting on your phones?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 12:03 AM
    really? another one of these threads??? this is like the 3rd or 4th one in 2 days.

first off, you cant do a speed test through opera or bolt. they are inaccurate and use proxy servers.

there is a speedtest app by xtremelabs, but that too seems a little off.

the only way to get an accurate speed test reading is to tether to a computer and run the test that way. if you want, ill link you to the other threads from yesterday on this same topic.
    01-10-10 12:33 AM
    5714.286 kbs?

or 2424.242 kbs in the BB Browser, tethered.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 01-10-10 at 12:47 AM.
    01-10-10 12:45 AM
    really? another one of these threads??? this is like the 3rd or 4th one in 2 days.

first off, you cant do a speed test through opera or bolt. they are inaccurate and use proxy servers.

there is a speedtest app by xtremelabs, but that too seems a little off.

the only way to get an accurate speed test reading is to tether to a computer and run the test that way. if you want, ill link you to the other threads from yesterday on this same topic.
    Why would I want to tether?
    I'm not testing my connection speed through my carrier's network.
    I'm testing the speed of the different browsers on my phone to see how they compare in terms of speed.
    Whether the readings are slightly off, they actually give me a general idea of how the 3 browsers perform on my device when compared against one another.

01-10-10 12:48 AM
    Why would I want to tether?
    I'm not testing my connection speed through my carrier's network.
    I'm testing the speed of the different browsers on my phone to see how they compare in terms of speed.
    Whether the readings are slightly off, they actually give me a general idea of how the 3 browsers perform on my device when compared against one another.

you cant compare a speedtest done through your BB browser to the speedtest done through operamini or bolt. like i said, OM and Bolt use their servers to request pages, render them, then send em to your phone. you are getting their servers speed test per se, not the browsers results.

and by testing your "browsers speed", in effect you are testing your carriers network. its not a rendering test for the browser, its a network speed test either way. tethering and retesting is the true way to test network speed. testing your "browser speed" is a lay persons terms for testing the network speed. which the results you have posted are basically irrelevant.

i think you are confusing testing the browsers rendering speeds vs your networks data speeds.
    01-10-10 01:04 AM
    Are you doing the 3mb test? For 3 mb test on Opera 5 Beta 2 I get 5263.158 Kbps. For 100 kb I get 1860. Native browser for 100kb I get 533.333 Kbps. While for 1 MB test I get 912 Kbps.
    01-10-10 01:06 AM
    Are you doing the 3mb test? For 3 mb test on Opera 5 Beta 2 I get 5263.158 Kbps. For 100 kb I get 1860. Native browser for 100kb I get 533.333 Kbps. While for 1 MB test I get 912 Kbps.
    I'm basically doing using the link that pops up that says Test Your Speed when I vist the site.

01-10-10 01:11 AM
    what you guys are doing here is not testing browser speeds just so you know. your tests really dont reflect what the OP is trying to test for.
    01-10-10 01:11 AM
    Doing the 5mb test in Opera I got:
    Doing a 5mb test in the BB browser I got:

Both are pretty decent speeds.
    Last edited by SLVR6; 01-10-10 at 01:17 AM.
    01-10-10 01:15 AM
    You guys need to read the whole page. Those reading are not "true-to-life"

01-10-10 10:00 AM
    There's inaccurate information on the web? I have to re-evaluate my entire existence now.

I'm Hand Javin' baby!
    WAPers do it With A Passion

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

01-10-10 10:10 AM
    [QUOTE=BigBadWulf;4468308]There's inaccurate information on the web? I have to re-evaluate my entire existence now.
    OH NOS!!! Me Too...
    01-10-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD