05-14-16 01:38 PM
237 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I don't have future with BlackBerry, it ain't no future.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 12:08 PM
    I just returned the Priv. Nothing but the name is Blackberry. It is a standard run of the mill Android phone. I got the S7 Edge yesterday and I am not a Android fan, but if you are going to carry an Android, the S7 Edge is amazing. The screen and camera are the best I have ever used (except maybe the V10 Jury still out)
    How about software still have "laggy" performance if compare with BlackBerry 10 OS? I just tried at samsung store the software still not smooth as BlackBerry 10. What do you think about that?

Delivered by my Z30
    03-17-16 12:10 PM
    In a Post-911 environment, a phone that protects your personal information is in direct opposition to a lot of folks Agendas. Some of those people lead governments and issue FCC licenses.
    The whole Apple situation shows that. One minute you refuse to play ball, the next you start to lose "unrelated " court battles.

So it would make a smartphone device that protects your privacy unwelcome in some circles and finding a Business Partner willing to fully support that product could prove challenging and unprofitable.
    So if your company can't get those smartphone users who should be concerned about their security to show concern, why wouldn't you sell out and buy in to the other more profitable platforms. It's not what I would do but I can understand some points of it.

But, I personally will continue to use BlackBerry on BlackBerry10 till the lights go out.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 12:21 PM
    I'm not sure. What is this facebook thing they have been talking about? Some mishap with the new update or what? BlackBerry sure has been secure for as long as one can remember, no doubt. But security isn't the sole thing which can keep them moving. They need to keep the brand uptight! What's wrong with the apps these days!? I'm aware of the whatsapp issue.. anything else/new?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    03-17-16 12:37 PM
    I have a Passport and am looking to get a Classic and use those for the foreseeable future. Beyond that, I don't know. I guess we'll see.
    03-17-16 12:39 PM
    Sad. I have had BB devices since 2006. Just sold my 9983. Bought a Samsung S6. Put my Z30 in wraps.
    03-17-16 01:31 PM
    Using a z30 but my next shift is definitely the s7 edge
    Closest you can get to the BlackBerry thanks to the edge you can quick launch apps emails etc whatever you configure, but still would love to have a high end top of the line new BlackBerry able to handle games etc, all work and no play, not happening

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 01:49 PM
    BlackBerry 10 obviously is dying, I have already jumped to the Priv because of the physical keyboard and the hub.
    Although I believe that now days all OS systems are offering more or less same functions I think that Android is a better choice because you have a very wide choice of devices from different manufacturers while at the same time staying within the same ecosystem.
    03-17-16 09:26 PM
    My wife and I will stick with our Z10's as long as possible. Would have loved to upgrade to Z10 or Z30 replacement. That looks unlikely now. Priv is not an option. If fact I recently lost my original Z10 and ended up buying a refurbished Z10. So I don't know what the future will be.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 10:18 PM
    This descent has been so long, slow and painfully drawn out, I'm not even upset about it anymore. I will use my Passport until no longer practical and then I'm probably jumping on the Droid ship. Whatever looks good when the time comes.

I was sort of intrigued by Windows phone, but nah, may as well go to a platform that has apps. Have gone without for long enough.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-16 11:18 PM
    I've been with BlackBerry since 2008 and I'm currently using a Passport and Z30 but yeah not moving to Android. So my next phone will likely be the Lumia 950 XL to go with my windows 10 laptop.

Posted via CB10
    Jay Wright2 likes this.
    03-17-16 11:27 PM
    Just wrote a thread on this. Very much frustrated over here as well.
    03-17-16 11:27 PM
    i don't think so... Blackberry still has the future... Blackberry is the only mobile manufacturer with Qwerty Keyboard. We really love it But they are not considering some issues about the apps and OS, i think they are going in a wrong way of development., they should make deep analysis about the Device,OS and the Apps.Probably they should consider some blackberry hard user's ideas in worldwide.
    03-17-16 11:55 PM
    In fact, there are two questions in one.
    First, what would one do if BB0S 10 is abandoned.
    Second, what would one do if BB stops selling hardware.

1) if BB sells a good Android phone with or without a physical keyboard, I'll be tempted and, when my XPeria breaks down, go for it.
    2) if they don't sell hardware anymore but still provide us (I mean not only for business) with good software (good as reliable and secure, not as Good, which I don't like much), I'll go for a "stock Android" phone and use the nice Hub.
    03-18-16 06:51 AM
    @Slash82

it's a good question. i love the blackberry 10 platform so will continue using it for work until they kill the BES servers, which i imagine will be soon based on blackberry's lack of dedication to its own platform. so i'll keep my passport and classic until that point. thereafter, i don't know what i'll do. i really, really dislike android, and i'm not a big fan of iOS, either. windows phone would be the least terrible option, but my office won't support it due to security issues.

so, basically, i don't know. there's a reason i use blackberries over other platforms: the others ones either don't do what i need, or i dislike them for subjective reasons. i'm tremendously disappointed in mr. chen and blackberry for abandoning their platform and customers like this. i know that, whatever i do, i won't be to support blackberry in the future. their disregard for their customers and developers is so overwhelming that they've alienated me forever.

-- eldee
    03-18-16 08:34 AM
    Keeping my Z30 until it dies. Meanwhile, I ordered iPod touch to install all the apps on it. Z30 will serve as hotpot for the iPod

Posted via CB10
    That's what u used to do a few years ago. Then I started liking the ios little by little. For the past year or so I've been going between the iPhone and BlackBerry, but at this point I'm close to relegating my z just for emails and attachments and password keeper, and using an iphone for everything else.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 08:41 AM
    I'm now a cyanogenmod user for my personal phone on a moto-x, very happy with the OS, I don't even miss the hub. I fought for BB all my IT career (since 2004), but now I'm done. Still use my passport for work but as soon as I have another free upgrade, I'm switching to a phone that support cyanogen mod.
    03-18-16 10:18 AM
    Sorry, but I think the naysayers are wrong. Perhaps, but we'll know more in April. I'm an OS10 user and will continue to use it (and its successor) until it disappears.

John Chen has clearly communicated his direction for BlackBerry. Consumers are not his target market.

As I own my devices, I'm not driven by a carrier rent-to-own plan. I'll use my Passport and Q10 until they become unsustainable.

If available in the future I'll buy the next generation BlackBerry business device, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-16 10:28 AM
    Future with BlackBerry, who knows exact date or time frame, but it will be until my Z10 gives up the ghost. After that the only sure thing is it will not be anything android or gates driven. Pretty much narrows the field doesn't it! Yes it sucks, but it is the way it has to be it seems unless someone pulls a rabbit out of a hat and saves BB10 with a new state of the art all touch device.

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    03-18-16 01:26 PM
    How about software still have "laggy" performance if compare with BlackBerry 10 OS? I just tried at samsung store the software still not smooth as BlackBerry 10. What do you think about that?

Delivered by my Z30
    It is just your typical Android with all the good points and bad. It was not overly laggy and like most Androids it will get worse over time. BB10 crushes it in every way but apps.. Not even close. It is a insult to call the Priv version of the hub as a true Blackberry hub. not even close
    03-18-16 03:26 PM
    my first berry was a bold 9700 and a few torch 9800 and 9810 and to skip ahead im still using my z30. i have had the nokia e71x and e72 with the PKB and i still have them for my collection and my 9700 is still with me for a backup if my z30 should get sick. i will stick with blackberry for several reasons and i have had the chance to try the priv and i do like it, i have also had the galaxy s3 a few of them and the s5 was a decent phone but i still love my berries, i will say this i am not a fan of APPLES at all. back in the day you bought a harley for the nostalgia and mainly the name and today its apple for the name. my mom had a new nokia something or other windows phone and i dont like that os on a phone so ill still with my z30 until death do us part then ill switch to a priv or whatever comes after that in the next model year.
    03-18-16 08:55 PM
    I have been working on my future plan... looked at Priv and S7 edge, but can't make up my mind. One thing I discovered only recently is the memory management problem with Android... if you switch out of an app for a while and switch back, the app can't start from where you left immediately, it have to reload the app which usually takes a while. Apparently iPhone and BB 10 both doesn't have this problem.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    03-18-16 09:34 PM
    I am liking that fact that many BB users are not going to switch to Android or IOS and choose Windows. We need another viable OS in the mobile world. I wish it was Blackberry but maybe this will propel Windows into more of a player
    Windows Is losing a lot of market share recently.
    03-18-16 11:04 PM
    Been Loyal to blackberry since I bought my first torch 9860, Still love blackberry soo much.
    The app gap doesn't really phase me but at this rate, we are losing facebook, WhatsApp which are what I depend on to communicate.
    Guess now the game plan is to get a priv and use my current Z10 for building apps and games.
    The world may desert my precious blackberry but I won't.
    Slash82 likes this.
    03-19-16 04:56 AM
    Windows Is losing a lot of market share recently.
    It has, but it is still producing some new phones that may draw customers, especially in the business sector. I doubt it will be much but they are alive, have tons of money, and are still trying.
    03-19-16 07:16 AM
237 ... 23456 ...