I just got the white Q10 last year and I love it. I'll stick with it for maybe a few years and buy a black Q10 along with buying a Classic. But if I decide to leave BB10 for good I will definitely go WP10. I'm impressed with Microsoft. Who knows I might jump on the sailfish bandwagon if I can find a phone for it and a few apps.

I stuck with Symbian for a long period of time til it died looks like I have to do the same with BB10 all over again deja vu. I refused to go the Android monopoly route.
    03-15-16 10:38 PM
    My z30 going up for sale as soon as I finish loading my new S7 with Cobalt's BlackBerry apps for Android . So far it all works perfectly. Era comes to end. Sort of. Anyone wanting a deal on a used but good condition z30, pm me . Oh I'm in Toronto. Local only please.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 10:42 PM
    I'll move to a Samsung S7. BlackBerry is over for me - it has been a good time but the brand has been on a constant downwards trend lately.

I really feel like there's not much to expect from them in the future, even with their current Android strategy.

From a consumer perspective, BB10 is almost dead and, as it seems, so is the whole hardware branch of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 06:55 AM
    My z30 going up for sale as soon as I finish loading my new S7 with Cobalt's BlackBerry apps for Android . So far it all works perfectly. Era comes to end. Sort of. Anyone wanting a deal on a used but good condition z30, pm me . Oh I'm in Toronto. Local only please.

Posted via CB10
    I would hold onto that Z30 for a week or two and until you live with Android for a bit. If you have multiple emails I wish you well. I just spent a week plus with a pristine Note 3 on Lollipop. I now know Android is not and will not be for me. (home button, app drawer, consistently having to shut down apps running in the background, subpar battery life) Good luck with the S7. I do recommend Nova Launcher Prime. Touch Wiz is enough to drive one mad.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    03-16-16 08:51 AM
    Like a couple others and after my Android experience the last week or so I will happily continue to use by BlackBerry 10 devices for the next couple of years. John Chen, in my opinion, made a horrific move switching to an Android based OS.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Timothius01 likes this.
    03-16-16 08:54 AM
    I am mostly still using BB7's for my simcard phone, it Just Works Better in the pocket on the go.

Classic is my backup on the go phone if atnt quits forcing LTE. I learned if I quit switching my simcard back to BIS they can keep my LTE turned off.

I thought I needed a few tough screen phones (Z30, Z10, Z3) but now I have the Passport, pretty much has it all and makes everything else obsolete.

Q5 is great too, almost became my favoite, and finally I have one more phone on my list of Must Haves but don't have yet: a white Q10.

There are a couple I didn't mention here... but I don't have any BlackBerry that don't work anymore, and I don't have any that are obsolete for me. I will probably not need to buy another phone again ever, but will probably buy the next BlackBerry that comes out if it's not android.

I do not feel like BlackBerry has lied to anyone. They make amazing phones, name one that isn't. They have been struggling to keep the phone alive but no matter how good it is the public has been trained to hate it as the black sheeep. The App gap has grown because of that but I have just not felt the pain; my little browser works like a little desktop computer in my pocket, it's better than android even with the app gap, browser works and apps are for when the browser doesn't work, right?

Pass port is totally awesome, but it's not a pocket on the go phone for me, maybe after I get more used to it that will change.
    StoicEngineer and kbrant64 like this.
    03-16-16 09:25 AM
    I now have a Nexus 6. Perfectly satisfied.
    03-16-16 09:33 AM
    I'll buy the first BB phone with a fixed (non-sliding) keyboard and Android.

Do you really think there will be one like that?

I had to upgrade, kinda wanted an iPhone but didn't want just the base unit, and that's all work would allow. So a Droid Turbo 2 is where I've gone. After two weeks I pretty comfortable with Android... you can opt out and disable a lot of stuff.
    03-16-16 09:36 AM
    I'm getting old but still want my chainsaws from Huskavarna, jeans from Levi, trucks from Toyota and phones from Blackberry.
    Just the way I am but you will be missed.
    Cheers Bro

Posted via CB10
    StoicEngineer and Xeak like this.
    03-16-16 09:48 AM
    That's one way to go - but I wouldn't want to carry 2 devices with me.
    Not even only for the "nostalgic-feeling".

The funny thing is, BlackBerry is wondering why they don't sell enough handsets.
    How should people trust BlackBerry, when they even lie to their most loyal costumers and let them down.
    Without the hard core of fans that have trusted this brand and accepted the outdated OS7 to wait for OS10 - BlackBerry would already been history.
    Now letting those down is just shameless!
    Not sure about any lies but certainly some missed moves.
    Companies don't lie, just people. Chen has been a disaster with his really dumb speculations and out loud comments.
    They should have found a Canadian to run the company. That should have instilled more loyalty to the faithful.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 10:03 AM
    Keeping my Z30 until it dies. Meanwhile, I ordered iPod touch to install all the apps on it. Z30 will serve as hotpot for the iPod

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 10:09 AM
    Have the Priv from work, but not fully up to my standard yet so switched back to my personally owned Passport using work SIM.
    I could probably live with the Priv after Android 6.0 but not sure how long that will last.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-16 10:15 AM
    No more BlackBerry devices for me. Once my Z30 no longer functions, it will be a Windows 10 phone. iOS is a walled garden and Android is an advertising platform.

BlackBerry doesn't have a plan for the future except trying to follow Google and it won't work. BlackBerry will drop Priv support soon if it doesn't sell. They "Playbooked" a lot of their products.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-16-16 10:17 AM
    Z10 sort of retired but used as backup and Beta-test device.
    Classic as SIM-mobile perfect for one hand use, very convenient for on the go, easily slots in to any pocket. Going to get a spare Classic just in case.
    Passport with Data-SIM, used as Mini-Tablet and Laptop replacement with BT-Keyboard and BT-mouse.

Going to use all devices as long they do there duty, this year and next year if needed, but definitely until another OS10 device is going to be released, hopefully a Classic-2.

Not going to invest in any Android or iOS device nor any of their related app's, going to use my 60 native and built-for-balckberry app's no need to try out any other brand than a Blackberry with OS10.. perfect devices with perfect OS.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    bh7171 likes this.
    03-16-16 10:30 AM
    I have two phones, one is an iPhone, the other either an Android or my Passport (depending of what I'm up to).

If BlackBerry sells a decent Android at a decent price, I assume I'll give it a try [the Priv is too expensive IMHO].
    In fact, I'd really like to be able to install a BB version of Android on my Passport but it won't happen, sadly.

In the past, I've tried other OS but I'm not enticed by alternative OS anymore (Sailfish was a disappointment, the last of a long series so I gave up trying). And, at any rate, I don't feel like trying Windows on a phone : being annoyed by its desktop version at work is enough.
    03-16-16 10:37 AM
    I am the same. I have a MS 640 on preorder coming end of Mar. My Q quit sending email this week and I have a good 8 hrs into trying to get it or my Z working. I can't run 2 small businesses like this with unreliable email.
    It's very unfortunate because I am 30 mins from Waterloo and have friends who work at BlackBerry and have been loyal to them.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    03-16-16 11:12 AM

I had to upgrade, kinda wanted an iPhone but didn't want just the base unit, and that's all work would allow. So a Droid Turbo 2 is where I've gone. After two weeks I pretty comfortable with Android... you can opt out and disable a lot of stuff.
    That's what the Vienna seems to be from the leaked renders (assuming it's still scheduled for release).

First look at the BlackBerry "Vienna" - the company's second Android phone! | CrackBerry.com
    03-16-16 11:35 AM
    You know, I'm a bit baffled by all the people who feel screwed over by BB.
    Did any of you buy a Pontiac? Which is now also a dead brand?

Me, I have pulled for BB forever, because they're a Canadian company (eh!) - due to contracts / carriers I've only had a couple of their phones.
    Right now I have a Classic with about a year left on contract. When that's up I'll have to decide what to do. I see the most likely options as:
    1. Keep the Classic as long as it functions, just doing a month-by-month "contract"
    2. Go to a PRIV, which would work well - I LOVE the slider form factor
    3. If Vienna is out I'll consider it, but I think I'd prefer the PRIV

I have an iPad and, although I mostly like it, I am REALLY turned off by having to constantly go back to that stupid "home" button.
    I also hate the virtual keyboards - so, I'm not going to throw a tantrum if I have to go Android - I figure I can live with that if it's the price of being able to have a physical keyboard.
    StoicEngineer likes this.
    03-16-16 11:51 AM
    Likely Android but only after my Passport goes. Not sure what brand. Definitely not iOS for obvious reasons, and not WP10 because going from one failing platform to another is the definition of insanity.

If BlackBerry makes an Android version of Passport, I might jump ship faster than planned.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    Wouldn't buying a Blackberry be a better example of insanity?
    BBOS, Playbook OS, BB10 and now Blandroid. You honestly trust them to stick to anything or continue to support your hardware? Google cant help you if Blackberry drops support for android devices. You cant root the Priv or install stock android.

I'm done with Blackberry for now unless they go under new management with any sort of commitment to their product line.
    03-16-16 12:10 PM
    Honestly I just hate after all these yrs they decide to go with android. It just doesn't makes sense. Personally I take tha Passport any day. It's perfect for my hands and I love how big it is. I never buy tha Priv. I'm not a full touch screen type of guy. I love tha physical keyboard. Hopefully there's a new concept for a Priv 2 or Classic 2. Personally Blackberry doesn't need to keep making full touch screen phones. It's pointless.
    03-16-16 12:37 PM

I hope we'll know more on Apr 1. If the Priv is doing OK, I think we'll see this next. I hope so, at least. I want this phone.
    03-16-16 01:58 PM
    I hope we'll know more on Apr 1. If the Priv is doing OK, I think we'll see this next. I hope so, at least. I want this phone.
    Based on what Chen said about having to pay for custom hardware drivers..... I doubt they'd go with a new chipset.
    Based on WhatsApp and Facebook today, and the aging runtime.... I doubt many outside of high security installations would care.
    Based on my "gut" feelings (# of customer reviews, activity on CrackBerry and Android Central, visit to ATT and T-Mobile in my are) and the lack of investment on BlackBerry's part to market the PRIV.... I doubt we have to worry about the PRIV doing ok enough to support BB10 or any new BB10 devices.

It's a long shot in my mind, but maybe a Classic with the Passport's internals... sadly I'm not sure that wound't sell better than the PRIV.
    03-16-16 02:27 PM
    Based on what Chen said about having to pay for custom hardware drivers..... I doubt they'd go with a new chipset.
    Based on WhatsApp and Facebook today, and the aging runtime.... I doubt many outside of high security installations would care.
    Based on my "gut" feelings (# of customer reviews, activity on CrackBerry and Android Central, visit to ATT and T-Mobile in my are) and the lack of investment on BlackBerry's part to market the PRIV.... I doubt we have to worry about the PRIV doing ok enough to support BB10 or any new BB10 devices.

It's a long shot in my mind, but maybe a Classic with the Passport's internals... sadly I'm not sure that wound't sell better than the PRIV.
    Oh no, I wasn't saying I want a BB10 phone. I want a fixed keyboard running Android. If I install Good on that, then I have a great work phone I think.
    03-16-16 04:18 PM
    No more BlackBerry devices for me. Once my Z30 no longer functions, it will be a Windows 10 phone. iOS is a walled garden and Android is an advertising platform.

BlackBerry doesn't have a plan for the future except trying to follow Google and it won't work. BlackBerry will drop Priv support soon if it doesn't sell. They "Playbooked" a lot of their products.
    it's not only the lack of marketing which hasn't helped the sale of BB10 devices but also as you say the 'playbooked' scenario. It doesn't help instill consumer trust in a company.

I love bb10 devices so will stick with BlackBerry. I love my OG Passport and can't imagine going back to a narrow 'slab'. The PP is unique - there is nothing else like it on the market.

I have thought buying another PP and maybe a q10 that has the option of a replaceable battery. I have z10 which I use as a backup but I've become to love the physical keyboard!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-16-16 04:58 PM
    What's that reason?
    I'm curious.

Posted via CB10
    I carry three phones now - iPhone 6, Nexus 6 and Passport. With zero element of doubt if I had to carry one it would be the iPhone. The Nexus is a good phone but I prefer the iPhone. I would not consider carrying only a Passport. It won't do too many things.
    03-16-16 07:07 PM
237 1234 ...