It's all about what I can get for my money. I just ordered my Priv from Telus on a new contract because the price finally came down to a reasonable level. I paid $200 after discounts. My biggest issue in searching for a device to replace my z10 was the keyboard #1. BlackBerry is the best. #2 I need SD storage. #3 I needed something tough. So I got a good case and holster and will be getting liquid armor on the screen. The Galaxy S7 was becoming very appealing if the priv hadn't come down in price. Given the dust-proof, and the SD card slot. I don't like Samsung keyboard or bloat ware though. I hope BlackBerry survives so my next device will also be a Blackberry. I am fine with Android by the way as long as it's secure.

Posted via CB10
    After using my PRIV for a couple days I miss bb10. Android has no good media player, file manager or alarms and notification system. BlackBerry calendar doesn't seem to integrate very well. My notes didn't transfer over very well. And the phone and contacts App feels clunky. All that being said I will probably find alternatives and work arounds. But bb10 was by far easier to use out of the box. If bb10 is still around in two years when I upgrade next I will probably go back to bb10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-16 10:09 AM
    After using my PRIV for a couple days I miss bb10. Android has no good media player, file manager or alarms and notification system. BlackBerry calendar doesn't seem to integrate very well. My notes didn't transfer over very well. And the phone and contacts App feels clunky. All that being said I will probably find alternatives and work arounds. But bb10 was by far easier to use out of the box. If bb10 is still around in two years when I upgrade next I will probably go back to bb10

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Don't you hate being locked into a contract?
    05-09-16 11:10 AM
    I'm 100% through with BB. I love BB10 OS, a great OS. However, as BB is ceasing support of its OS...I certainly won't follow them to Android. I've used BB as my primary devices for years and years and I've owned both the Z10 and Z30.

The Z30 was my daily driver (and favorite deivice) up until I learned that BB had handed over the encryption key to BBM to the RCMP. While I personally have nothing to hide, this act demonstrated to me that BB's claims regarding security are entirely fraudulent.

While I support fighting crime; handing over access to every law abiding user's communication goes beyond the scope of what is reasonable or acceptable behavior. I'm left with absolute distrust for BB at this point!

The combination of these two events has forever tarnished BB in my mind. At present, there's no one who could give me a BB...I would not accept it! I've already shifted to Android - and my device is not, nor will it ever again be a BB.

posted via mobile device
    05-09-16 11:34 AM
    I've already moved on to an android, not a Priv.
    05-09-16 11:46 AM
    Just received my Samsung Galaxy S6 as replacement for a BlackBerry Z10, reluctant but had to move for access to more advanced apps.

Bye BlackBerry Fans

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:03 PM
    The Z10 still works but losing battery power also.

Michael in Atl

Posted via CB10
    05-09-16 12:04 PM
    I'm 100% through with BB. I love BB10 OS, a great OS. However, as BB is ceasing support of its OS...I certainly won't follow them to Android. I've used BB as my primary devices for years and years and I've owned both the Z10 and Z30.

The Z30 was my daily driver (and favorite deivice) up until I learned that BB had handed over the encryption key to BBM to the RCMP. While I personally have nothing to hide, this act demonstrated to me that BB's claims regarding security are entirely fraudulent.

While I support fighting crime; handing over access to every law abiding user's communication goes beyond the scope of what is reasonable or acceptable behavior. I'm left with absolute distrust for BB at this point!

The combination of these two events has forever tarnished BB in my mind. At present, there's no one who could give me a BB...I would not accept it! I've already shifted to Android - and my device is not, nor will it ever again be a BB.

posted via mobile device
    Right. Because Android is sooooo much more secure than a BlackBerry. No chance of mass data-mining, surveillance, or privacy/security compromise there. Hilarious.

Rule # 1 about internet privacy/security: don't assume any internet-connected device is 100% private/secure.

Concerned about BBM privacy/security? Use BBM Protected. Or don't use BBM. A BlackBerry phone is still going to be generally more secure than an iOS or Android device.
    05-09-16 01:17 PM
    2009 Curve 8520
    2010 Bold 9700
    2011 Bold 9780
    2012 Bold 9900
    2013 Z10
    2014 Z30
    2015 Passport SE
    2016 Classic
    2017 Priv (most likely)
    05-09-16 01:31 PM
    I will continue with my Z10 and Passport until the no longer work and then make a decision.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 11:05 AM
    That's a good point of view!
    I even stood behind BlackBerry during their transition - many told me BlackBerry is "dead".

At this time:

Maybe BlackBerry was outdated wih OS7 and the future of OS10 was unknown.
    But they worked hard to keep BBOS running and to care about most loyal customers.

Now, they don't care anymore - loyal customers/fans are "too expensive".
    Letting most common apps like Facebook and WhatsApp go in 2016 is just a joke!
    And they keep wondering why sales are low.

When you ask a BlackBerry user in 2016: "What is your BlackBerry good for?"
    BB user answer: "Communication! I don't use apps!"
    Question: "Great! What does it support?"
    BB user answer: "BBM, E-Mail, and SMS!"
    Question: "What about: Facebook, WhatsApp, Threema, Kik, Snapchat, Viber, Skype, Instagram, Pintrest etc?"
    BB user answer: "Nah, not really, but BBM, email and SMS!"

come on...
    Ugh you might wanna refrain from you fear mongering. As I have Facebook Instagram Skype don't use any of the other crap. So. Maybe check some facts before you run your mouth. So jog on

#luvmybb10os
    05-14-16 01:25 PM
    I've been with BlackBerry since the model before the 8703e but given the number of time BlackBerry has burned us and how easily they give up encryption keys I'll probably go with an iPhone.

I need to deal with a company I can trust.

Posted via CB10
    Bhahahaha Hahah aha. Oh wait your serious.?

#luvmybb10os
    05-14-16 01:26 PM
    What's in my blackberry future? Come October, whatever blackberry has to offer. Probably, the Priv.
    05-14-16 01:38 PM
237 ... 8910