Have you tried one yet? I'm getting a used Lumia 950 this week to try it out. Not giving up my Zs yet, but I figured I better learn how to use the Windows phone before I have to!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    I agree. Better get used to windows

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 06:40 PM
    I agree. Better get used to windows

Posted via CB10
    Got the Lumia 950. There is a learning curve, but it's a beautiful phone. There are things I like better on the Z30, but other things better on the Lumia. I haven't gotten the nano SIM yet, but plan to soon. With an adapter hopefully I can go back and forth.

I'm not giving up my BBs, but am keeping an open mind.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-29-16 10:13 PM
    If it's network related you could try changing the mode by going to Settings ->Networks and Connections->Mobile Network. If your phone is getting a weak LTE signal, dropping down to 4G could help and it would also explain the overheating and battery drain.
    I already tried that even if that meant that I had to gave up 4G speed. I'm in the 3G & 2G network mode now. I guess I tried everything to save this phone.
    03-30-16 03:30 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I really wanted the PRIV but unless it drops $2-300 in a couple months I will probably go with the s7 edge. My carrier (telus) has the the s7 edge for cheaper than the PRIV. Very disappointed in BlackBerry. I'm currently on my second BlackBerry device and my wide is on her third. I will miss it I'm sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 07:07 PM
    Definitely not iOS for obvious reasons
    I'm curious about this myself. 2 years ago this was the #1 Android sucks site and yet now that OS is embraced here.
    03-30-16 07:45 PM
    I wonder how many of the people who wrote "I'll use my (whatever BB10 device) until it dies" still use a Playbook? I mean I get the loyalty, but if over time the phone still powers on but slows to a crawl like the Playbook has you'll still seriously use it? Won't your productivity suffer?
    Bbnivende likes this.
    03-30-16 07:57 PM
    Lol I just bought a passport silver 2 months ago.. my first smartphone was blackberry 9300 and then move to android and iphone and then get attracted by passport silver.. Never thought that I would buy another blackberry but here I am lol
    I'll keep using this passport silver until it become a brick I guess coz i still have my xperia z3 compact too as a backup..

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 06:05 AM
    Lol I just bought a passport silver 2 months ago.. my first smartphone was blackberry 9300 and then move to android and iphone and then get attracted by passport silver.. Never thought that I would buy another blackberry but here I am lol
    I'll keep using this passport silver until it become a brick I guess coz i still have my xperia z3 compact too as a backup..

Posted via CB10
    I really was up to buy the Passport SE, too.
    Then this news came....
    03-31-16 07:00 AM
    I wonder how many of the people who wrote "I'll use my (whatever BB10 device) until it dies" still use a Playbook? I mean I get the loyalty, but if over time the phone still powers on but slows to a crawl like the Playbook has you'll still seriously use it? Won't your productivity suffer?
    I agree, I have a PlayBook and I use it, but just for media purposes. I take it when I have a meeting and nead to carry my portfolio. It looks solid, has an amazing sound, and to play my reel or show some illustrations it does the job. Other than that it's not really useful as a tablet. Having said that, I think my z10 still has a long-lasting place in my pocket. Even with the app-gap, OS10 is a very good tool for business and I don't feel the need of changing. But, if it comes to happen that I'm presented with a better "screwdriver" why shouldn't I buy it and profit from it? I mean, when you go shopping you buy whatever it's best for your needs and phones aren't such a different market than groceries. Priv, galaxy, iPhone, lumia... read the specs, make your choice and enjoy... nope?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 08:47 AM
    After being loyal to Siemens and Nokia symbian since the year 2000, I didn't feel ok with Android or iOS, so I felt compelled to follow Nokia onto Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.

Then I saw how Nokia's tendency to go for Android, and Windows10 looks like a disaster, so I ended my deal with the dead Nokia.

I truly felt ok with my Blackberry Z30. But looks like the dying BlackBerry OS10 is going to be another shock to me.

Still neither iOS nor Android are acceptable, no way.

I wish CrackBerry will do the right thing, and create their own OS that understands the needs of the deemed Blackberry users.
    03-31-16 01:05 PM
    I wish CrackBerry will do the right thing, and create their own OS that understands the needs of the deemed Blackberry users.
    I'm confused... do you mean you want the folks who run this site, or the users on it, to create an OS?

And what do you mean by 'do the right thing'? That sort of implies that if the website / users don't create an OS for you that they're doing the wrong thing?
    03-31-16 04:33 PM
    I'm confused... do you mean you want the folks who run this site, or the users on it, to create an OS?

And what do you mean by 'do the right thing'? That sort of implies that if the website / users don't create an OS for you that they're doing the wrong thing?
    CBOS!

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    03-31-16 05:34 PM
    All people I know using bb10 and from bbm groups are all moved away from blackberry, because they wanted a newer touchscreen device. I still use a passport and my wife with a z30 wanted a replacement. I told here to wait but without any new bb10 device I'm out also.

BlackBerry and Marketing are two different things

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 06:06 PM
    Looks like we have until Sept 2016 for Chen to decide our future...

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    04-01-16 01:50 PM
    I think BlackBerry has gotten BB10 to a better place than the Playbook was when it was abandoned. The Playbook still needed a few more updates IMO to keep it somewhat viable. BB10 is fairly stable at this point. Though there do seem to be little bugs starting to crop up. Hopefully that final update that sort those out.
    04-01-16 02:11 PM

HAHA mate, 600k total devices, that's even worse than my already horrible calculations. BB sold probabaly a little over 100k Priv handsets. It's done, finished, with that kinda money you can't support the updates. It's over folks, time for Apple.
    techvisor, JeepBB and gamegurl like this.
    04-01-16 02:15 PM
    HAHA mate, 600k total devices, that's even worse than my already horrible calculations. BB sold probabaly a little over 100k Priv handsets. It's done, finished, with that kinda money you can't support the updates. It's over folks, time for Apple.
    I doubt they sold 500k BB10 phones.

Does anyone know the split between Priv and other phones in the 600k? I would think at least 1/2 the phones recognized were Priv, especially when you consider that Priv sales are recognized on sell-in, versus BB10 which are recognized on sell-through.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-16 02:35 PM
    I'm going to get a nexus 6p, I will try to get some BlackBerry goodies in there.

Posted via CB10
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-01-16 03:54 PM

Actually it was decided on his first day at the helm.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-01-16 03:56 PM
    I doubt they sold 500k BB10 phones.

Does anyone know the split between Priv and other phones in the 600k? I would think at least 1/2 the phones recognized were Priv, especially when you consider that Priv sales are recognized on sell-in, versus BB10 which are recognized on sell-through.
    I'd agree with your "half" guesstimate too.

If you extrapolate the trend line of the historic quarterly sales - BB10 hits around 300k around now, so 300k Priv sales to make up to the 600k is believable.

600k devices in an entire quarter is pitiful.

I know I have a rep for being pessimistic, but that's way below even my lowest floor-figure. My pre-ER "bad day" estimate was 800k, and I never imagined that they'd sell even fewer than last time.

Just as well Chen has lowered the 5M to 3M, not that it'll make any difference as BB have as little chance of selling 3M as they did of selling 5M.

Can anyone really still believe that hardware has a future?
    04-01-16 04:01 PM
    Can anyone really still believe that hardware has a future?
    I can't see how anyone would believe that. I just hope Chen doesn't launch another phone this year. That's throwing more money at this, more purchase commitments, and more reputational risk.

Don't do it, Chen!
    JeepBB and outlooker like this.
    04-01-16 04:07 PM
    I Have a Z10 Now, if there isn't a new 5" BB10 device this year, i will sure move to an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 04:24 PM
    I Have a Z10 Now, if there isn't a new 5" BB10 device this year, i will sure move to an Android device.

Posted via CB10
    Might as well start looking.
    04-01-16 04:26 PM
    I can't see how anyone would believe that. I just hope Chen doesn't launch another phone this year. That's throwing more money at this, more purchase commitments, and more reputational risk.

Don't do it, Chen!
    Just about the time in the call when he wondered aloud if he was nieve, he was really trying hard to convince somebody that hardware could have a future.
    At least that is what I heard.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-01-16 04:34 PM
    I'll buy the first BB phone with a fixed (non-sliding) keyboard and Android.
    Haha yeah physical keyboard and android seems interesting..

Posted via CB10
    04-01-16 09:57 PM
237 ... 56789 ...