Def.not the priv!!!!!

Posted via Q10Bold
    03-25-16 05:25 AM
    What's that reason?
    I'm curious.

Posted via CB10
    If you use mirror cast or WiFi direct on your blackberry, that won't work on an IOS device unless you have and apple TV. Also, in order for your map notifications to work properly when advising you when to leave to go to a destination, you'll have to use the default calendar from IOS. If not notifications alerts won't work.

I found myself using a Sony Xperia Z3 and I must say the device is the best phone on android in my opinion. Sony kept it clean with almost no bloatware. Sonys camera app has so many plug in for it, you don't need a camera at all. It's 21 megapixel and takes awesome pictures. The music app (Also from Sony) is best music app I have ever used.... Ever. The Sony Xperia Z5 will soon be available here in the states soon and I just might buy that.

I also have the priv and must say that it's not ready for prime time. The email app is fine but the calendar app, task app have nothing on the BB10 build. The hub need a lot of work if it want to compete with BB10. It's almost as though BlackBerry just through it together without much though. Where is BlackBerry calculator? That is one crucial item BlackBerry should have ported over to android but didn't (clouded vision). Battery drain is horrible. My Sony that is 3 years old has better battery management than BlackBerry. The design is nice but, the screen is raised slightly on the left bottom of the screen that every time I go to tap a vkey close the bottom left, you here the back of the screen hitting the body of the device. Visually the screen looms very nice, but I expected more.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-25-16 06:09 AM
    Thanks for your reply! I replaced the old battery with a new one and I insulated the space between the battery and the battery door cover. The constant reboot issue is fixed, but it's still overheating, it still drops the signal and I still can't use Android apps at all. No Instagram, no Google Maps, no Lifesum for me. It's pretty frustrating.
    What OS version are you on? These remaining issues (overheating, signal issues and not being able to use Android apps) are not normal on latest or even earlier 10.3.2 builds. These are on my Z10 and Android apps run fine. I have the Google Play Store on my Passport and no issues. Only BlackBerry World and the Amazon app stores on my Z30 and Classic.
    What's your BlackBerry "future"?-img_20160326_084807.png

Z10 on 10.3.2
    Medard likes this.
    03-26-16 10:52 AM
    I have a z30 and will be getting my first passport (SE), this week!! But I think I'll still use a soon to get as well iphone 6s. I was using that for the past several months and got used to it.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:53 PM
    Probably a Passport Silver Edition.. or a new nexus. Wouldn't mind 6P also

Blackberry Classic | Circa 2015
    03-27-16 03:11 AM
    As much as I hate Apple, I'm afraid I'll make the switch to it when BB10 is officially dead. Apple phones are much more stable than Android phones so why not..

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    03-27-16 04:06 AM
    I know people..quite a few actually...who still use OS7 devices. So BlackBerry makes solid phones. Given that, I'm sticking with my Passport. There's no 'what is next' for me. I'll see what is around when my Passport needs to be replaced. And, unlike a ton of people in this thread, I don't want to change expensive hardware every year or two. Who knows what will be available from BlackBerry or other companies when my Passport needs to be replaced. That could years from now!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 08:31 AM
    @bh7171
    I'm on 10.3.2.2836. It's the latest update available on my Q10. Now I can add sudden battery drain as well to my long list of issues. By sudden I mean 5-6 hours. Mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC all turned off. Basically I didn't use the phone at all, I was sleeping.
    What's your BlackBerry "future"?-img_20160327_221136.png
    03-27-16 02:21 PM
    @bh7171
    I'm on 10.3.2.2836. It's the latest update available on my Q10. Now I can add sudden battery drain as well to my long list of issues. By sudden I mean 5-6 hours. Mobile data, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC all turned off. Basically I didn't use the phone at all, I was sleeping.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160327_221136.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	395436
    Wow their is something definitely wrong with your phone.. even if you don't use your phone it shouldn't eat your battery that much. 94% of just standby? There's something wrong there!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 02:30 PM
    @bh7171
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160327_221136.png 
Views:	548 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	395436
    Can you post the CPU and memory screens as well?
    03-27-16 04:50 PM
    I'm getting a second Passport next month from ATT. My battery life on my old one is getting very bad (haven't figured out why) and I managed to crack the screen in a couple places. The original is built tough. Great design.

Looking forward to a slightly different design but not straying from BB10 until am forced to do so. Then I will go to Microsoft phone if they are still doing it.

I don't think I will ever go to Google.
    03-27-16 05:57 PM
    As much as I hate Apple, I'm afraid I'll make the switch to it when BB10 is officially dead. Apple phones are much more stable than Android phones so why not..

Posted via CB10
    agreed. What is the longest you might run a BB10 after the official updates stop?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-16 12:52 AM
    agreed. What is the longest you might run a BB10 after the official updates stop?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Until my Classic and Passport seize to work completely. I take good care of my phones so it'll last me a long time!

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:58 AM
    Can you post the CPU and memory screens as well?
    Sure. I'm going to post the last 48 hours so you can see the CPU during Sunday night's battery drain. It's interesting that the CPU shows the most activity when I don't use the phone at all. Those two CPU spikes are at night while I sleep.What's your BlackBerry "future"?-cpu-48.pngWhat's your BlackBerry "future"?-memory1.png
    03-28-16 06:24 AM
    Exactly my feelings are expressed by your words, fb, snapchat, soon whatsapp and now hopefully insta app will stop working :/ nut still confused about jumping to i7 or priv. Bb10 will be **** within a couple of months.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 06:44 AM
    Sure. I'm going to post the last 48 hours so you can see the CPU during Sunday night's battery drain. It's interesting that the CPU shows the most activity when I don't use the phone at all. Those two CPU spikes are at night while I sleep.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CPU 48.png 
Views:	394 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	395468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Memory1.png 
Views:	392 
Size:	63.6 KB 
ID:	395469
    I believe Standby includes apps that run idle in the CPU tab and System could also increase if you have apps that run in the background. You can try setting the CPU view to "Current", closing any apps that you don't need running, and see if that makes a difference?
    Medard likes this.
    03-28-16 10:33 AM
    I'll use my passport until there's a better pkb phone on the market.

If Blackberry stops supporting bb10 / discontinues it and/or releases an android edition of the passport (upgraded hardware or not), I'll buy that. This seems like the most ideal situation going forward given the circumstances.

If Blackberry no longer sells phones by the time I need a new one, it'll be some sort of custom android based phone that I can lock down as secure as possible
    03-28-16 12:34 PM
    I believe Standby includes apps that run idle in the CPU tab and System could also increase if you have apps that run in the background. You can try setting the CPU view to "Current", closing any apps that you don't need running, and see if that makes a difference?
    Medard- I would bet anything there are numerous apps "running in the background" on your device. Go to "settings" then drop down to Security and Privacy then Application permissions. Click on each app and turn off "run in background" and "run when minimized" then do a hard reset. (hold down the power button until the red led goes out and then release. Then see what transpires.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Medard likes this.
    03-28-16 10:15 PM
    Medard- I would bet anything there are numerous apps "running in the background" on your device. Go to "settings" then drop down to Security and Privacy then Application permissions. Click on each app and turn off "run in background" and "run when minimized" then do a hard reset. (hold down the power button until the red led goes out and then release. Then see what transpires.

Isn't it common practice that one would not
    Minimize an app, but rather just close it (tapping on "x")?I mean, I just did what you said as well to improve battery life but I never minimize apps, if I'm done with cnn, USA today, Espn, ebay....etc I just Close it.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 08:22 AM
    I plan to use my Passport SE at least until this fall as my primary phone. Beyond then I'll be switching to iOS unless something changes. I just don't know exactly when.
    03-29-16 11:36 AM
    Isn't it common practice that one would not
    Minimize an app, but rather just close it (tapping on "x")?I mean, I just did what you said as well to improve battery life but I never minimize apps, if I'm done with cnn, USA today, Espn, ebay....etc I just Close it.

Posted via CB10
    I close most of mine as well but there are times when I utilize the active frames for multiple apps and find it efficient and beneficial. If you turn off "run when minimized" and "run in the background" in each app I have found it greatly improves battery life. (and does not prevent one from using active frames) If one allows"run when minimized" it emulates a more Android experience, which some may like, but it does reduce battery life.

03-29-16 12:20 PM
    Hey friends!

I wanna know what are you up to?
    Latest news tell us that BlackBerry will let OS10 die - at least for consumers.
    What are your plans? Will you jump to the Priv?

I can only talk for myself - I'm done with BlackBerry.
    I have stood behind this brand since 2005, went with them through all the "trouble time" between OS7 and the transition to OS10.
    Now I feel fooled for being that loyal.

I won't follow them to Android and Android itself is not an option for me.
    It always has been the opposite of what BlackBerry stood for.
    The "worst-best" alternative for me seems to be iOS.

What are you up to?
    Sticking with OS10? Going to Android-Berry? Android in general?

I'm so frustrated right now - man 11 years of BlackBerry for me...

Greets Slash82
    I'm still deciding but it's either iPhone 6s or Galaxy S7.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    Slash82 likes this.
    03-29-16 12:40 PM
    For me I will stick to BlackBerry OS until it breathes it last breathe. That means if my Q10 has a self destruction feature. I'm thinking of getting me a passport in the next few months. If I'm going to Android, it better android running on a BlackBerry device. IoS I'm 50-50 about it in regards to the FBI's hack to the Iphone 5c. Windows, Samsung - vision 5000 the millennium

Posted via CB10
    03-29-16 12:54 PM
    Thanks guys for trying to help me out with my phone issues! I really appreciate it.

In a good OCD manner I always close the apps when I don't use them, so that's not a problem. I restricted the "run in background" option for every single app, but I didn't notice any change for the better. Since nothing seemed to help I ended up resetting my phone to factory settings. I see a bit of improvement regarding the battery drain, but it still drops the signal and it's still overheating like crazy. Just for the record my brother's LG G3, my dad's Lumia 550 and my mom's iPhone 5S have full bars.

I'm sorry to say, but there's a big chance that my next phone is not going to be a BlackBerry.

Thanks for bearing with me guys and sorry if I went off-topic a bit. Peace
    03-29-16 04:58 PM
    Thanks guys for trying to help me out with my phone issues! I really appreciate it.

In a good OCD manner I always close the apps when I don't use them, so that's not a problem. I restricted the "run in background" option for every single app, but I didn't notice any change for the better. Since nothing seemed to help I ended up resetting my phone to factory settings. I see a bit of improvement regarding the battery drain, but it still drops the signal and it's still overheating like crazy. Just for the record my brother's LG G3, my dad's Lumia 550 and my mom's iPhone 5S have full bars.

I'm sorry to say, but there's a big chance that my next phone is not going to be a BlackBerry.

Thanks for bearing with me guys and sorry if I went off-topic a bit. Peace
    If it's network related you could try changing the mode by going to Settings ->Networks and Connections->Mobile Network. If your phone is getting a weak LTE signal, dropping down to 4G could help and it would also explain the overheating and battery drain.
    Medard likes this.
    03-29-16 05:28 PM
237 ... 45678 ...