I have been working on my future plan... looked at Priv and S7 edge, but can't make up my mind. One thing I discovered only recently is the memory management problem with Android... if you switch out of an app for a while and switch back, the app can't start from where you left immediately, it have to reload the app which usually takes a while. Apparently iPhone and BB 10 both doesn't have this problem.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    I returned the Priv and got Galaxy S7 edge and there is no comparison. The S7 blows it away in virtually every way. The exception is the virtual keyboard. That is still amazing. The physical keyboard is too small.

I was pulling hard for the Priv I was really disappointed

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-19-16 04:47 PM
    I just returned the Priv. Nothing but the name is Blackberry. It is a standard run of the mill Android phone. I got the S7 Edge yesterday and I am not a Android fan, but if you are going to carry an Android, the S7 Edge is amazing. The screen and camera are the best I have ever used (except maybe the V10 Jury still out)
    It is amazing that you do not highlight the BB features on the Priv that other Androids do not have . You point out strengths of the S7 and fail to mention the Priv's strengths.
    03-19-16 07:54 PM
    It has, but it is still producing some new phones that may draw customers, especially in the business sector. I doubt it will be much but they are alive, have tons of money, and are still trying.
    May draw customers?? It is not. Sales are low for 950/950XL and software is buggy and phone does not feel or look premium.(See Pocketnow Review) MS is rumored to release a Surface phone in the future that will be premium, the current offerings are not. Also, like BB10 has been losing app support from external developers.
    03-19-16 08:05 PM
    May draw customers?? It is not. Sales are low for 950/950XL and software is buggy and phone does not feel or look premium.(See Pocketnow Review) MS is rumored to release a Surface phone in the future that will be premium, the current offerings are not. Also, like BB10 has been losing app support from external developers.
    The Surface phones are not out yet, are they?
    03-19-16 08:11 PM
    The Surface phones are not out yet, are they?
    Rumored...not yet.
    03-19-16 08:15 PM
    Rumored...not yet.
    And I believe Surface tablets have outsold iPads lately. So they may have a chance to sell the phones as well. We'll see.
    03-19-16 08:18 PM
    And I believe Surface tablets have outsold iPads lately. So they may have a chance to sell the phones as well. We'll see.
    MS is done with the Lumia phone brand. Surface tablets are selling like hotcakes and they want a phone that the public will resonate with the Surface line. Go to Windows Central website and read articles about it.
    03-19-16 08:26 PM
    MS is done with the Lumia phone brand. Surface tablets are selling like hotcakes and they want phone that the public will resonate with the Surface line. Go to Windows Central website and read articles about it.
    LOL. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Thus why I said Windows phone may have a future.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-19-16 08:29 PM
    LOL. You're not telling me anything I don't already know. Thus why I said Windows phone may have a future.
    Umm..Surface Phone may have a future.
    03-19-16 08:42 PM
    Umm..Surface Phone may have a future.
    Yes. And BB10 does not.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-19-16 08:43 PM
    Yes. And BB10 does not.
    True.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-19-16 08:52 PM
    Sticking with BlackBerry all the way. I may buy additional devices like the PP SE or even the Classic but I really can't imagine going to another OS. Plus I've been spoilt with the Passport I can't imagine going back to a slab!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-20-16 12:17 AM
    Thank you for all your replies and thoughts to that!
    It's really interesting to see what you think!

Don't get me wrong - I'm sure BlackBerry will have a future (the company itself as a pure software company and with their device management) - but my personal feeling is that OS10 or the hardware department not really.

My feelings changed the past days from:
    Shocked to frustrated to angry to kinda sad - now it's more like "an era ends for me".
    I don't wanna change to a different platform.
    As much as I wanna stick with BlackBerry, being cut off important networks makes no sense for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 06:21 AM
    I feel the same, bro!

I stood by them no matter what for six years because I'm in love with physical keyboards, but my romance with BlackBerry is about to end. I had a Curve 8520 and a Bold 9900 and even though I had minor issues with both phones I stuck with them anyway and I bought a Q10. I regret that choice every single say. It reboots itself even from the slightest shocks or bumps, Android apps are not working at all (I get the "com.android.systemapps not responding" or "qnx app launcher not working" error messages), it drops the signal pretty often, sometimes it gets so hot that I'm afraid to use it etc. The list is long and I'm getting tired of searching for solutions.

I'm a loyal BlackBerry customer and I feel betrayed. I'd like to give BlackBerry another chance, but to be honest I'm afraid to invest a Passport's price in a new BlackBerry. My next phone is not going to be a BlackBerry, unless I win the Passport/Priv contest. Android is out of question for me, so the only logical alternative remains iOS.
    Slash82 and techvisor like this.
    03-21-16 12:20 PM
    Currently in my life I have a work-supplied Z30 and my personal Q5.

I'm hoping to replace the Q5 this year with the Vienna. The work phone I'd like to go with something more phablet so I can do more with it for work as I don't have to carry it outside of that. Pondering the Sony Xperia Z3.
    Slash82 likes this.
    03-21-16 01:19 PM
    I just bought Q10 1 week ago (besides my Z30) as daily driver I will wait iphone 7 SE (4") and see the review and performance first (especially in battery side) also I will plan to buy passport and classic as collection

Delivered by my Z30
    Chen really should reward the BlackBerry collectors out there..... buy four, get one free?
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-21-16 01:31 PM
    Chen really should reward the BlackBerry collectors out there..... buy four, get one free?
    I'd get some...
    Still having (fully functional):
    8700, 8310, 8900, 9790, Z10, Classic, Leap.

Did not buy different OS10 devices because I needed a upgrade rather I couldn't resist some offers or as a backup.

If the news were not that bad the past week, my next step would have been: Passport SE & a Z30.

Oh man...

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 05:04 PM
    I shall switch to the Cyanogen Android based system adopted by Wileyfox on their Swift handset which will cost 20% of so called "high end" ripoff priced phones on Android and iOS. Reviews reveal performance and spec to trounce iOS and negate Android's bloatware. Check it out. Alternatively Moto 4G. I've seen it in action and, although it's full Android, I am impressed. For �129 the Swift would get my cash. I'll never go iOS

Posted via CB10
    03-21-16 06:02 PM
    It has, but it is still producing some new phones that may draw customers, especially in the business sector. I doubt it will be much but they are alive, have tons of money, and are still trying.
    Windows phones will be the next blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried one yet? I'm getting a used Lumia 950 this week to try it out. Not giving up my Zs yet, but I figured I better learn how to use the Windows phone before I have to!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>Z30>
    03-23-16 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope not!
    03-23-16 08:39 AM
    I understand the whole "I have a history with BB" line of thinking - I started using them when RIM was a pager..... Stuck with them through the early years, the Torch fiasco years, the Playbook years (bought four of them!), the BB10 Too Late To The Party years, and even bought a Priv a month and half ago. This will be my last BB.

My son still uses his Z10, my daughter is using my Z30, my dad is using his Z10 and I'm regretting my Priv purchase (there's basically nothing Blackberry in that thing). I had hoped that the BB-Android merge would be decent, but it's a total disappointment - the only part of the Hub that is even remotely BB is the name. The PKB is awkward and small so I don't use it at all (and I was the original PKB cheerleader) and the "edge" gimmick is less than useless (what the hell is it FOR anyway?)

I have spent more money with this company than I care to remember, but now the time is coming for me to just cut my losses and move on. I already have to use an iSheep 6S for work and it simply reminds me how much I hated my last iPhone. The Android experience is underwhelming. I guess that leaves WP as the last remaining candidate (I also have to use a Surface PRO 3 for work and pray to the Gods of Tech that it dies a horrible death soon so I can get a real computer - WP or Surface Phone had better work better than THAT piece of junk!). With the new PRIV, I likely have a year or two of functionality left before I have to make another change (don't use FB or any other social media) - just hope the thing doesn't brick by then.

End of an era indeed.
    Medard likes this.
    03-23-16 12:28 PM
    I feel the same, bro!

I stood by them no matter what for six years because I'm in love with physical keyboards, but my romance with BlackBerry is about to end. I had a Curve 8520 and a Bold 9900 and even though I had minor issues with both phones I stuck with them anyway and I bought a Q10. I regret that choice every single say. It reboots itself even from the slightest shocks or bumps, Android apps are not working at all (I get the "com.android.systemapps not responding" or "qnx app launcher not working" error messages), it drops the signal pretty often, sometimes it gets so hot that I'm afraid to use it etc. The list is long and I'm getting tired of searching for solutions.

I'm a loyal BlackBerry customer and I feel betrayed. I'd like to give BlackBerry another chance, but to be honest I'm afraid to invest a Passport's price in a new BlackBerry. My next phone is not going to be a BlackBerry, unless I win the Passport/Priv contest. Android is out of question for me, so the only logical alternative remains iOS.
    The problem with your Q10 is in regards to the replacement battery. May try a new one as per many threads they can loosen and cause the issue noted. If you really like the PKB the Classic is the best I have used. I have had mine since November with zero issues. Quite pleased.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Medard and TgeekB like this.
    03-23-16 12:55 PM
    The problem with your Q10 is in regards to the replacement battery. May try a new one as per many threads they can loosen and cause the issue noted. If you really like the PKB the Classic is the best I have used. I have had mine since November with zero issues. Quite pleased.

The newest member....Cobalt Classic
    Thanks for your reply! I replaced the old battery with a new one and I insulated the space between the battery and the battery door cover. The constant reboot issue is fixed, but it's still overheating, it still drops the signal and I still can't use Android apps at all. No Instagram, no Google Maps, no Lifesum for me. It's pretty frustrating.
    03-25-16 04:46 AM
    I'd get some...
    Still having (fully functional):
    8700, 8310, 8900, 9790, Z10, Classic, Leap.

Did not buy different OS10 devices because I needed a upgrade rather I couldn't resist some offers or as a backup.

If the news were not that bad the past week, my next step would have been: Passport SE & a Z30.

Oh man...
    You should do it!

Think of the profit, in years to come, of having the full set for sale on eBay.
    03-25-16 05:22 AM
237 ... 34567 ...