Lately I have been seeing usual BlackBerry negative spinners pop up with all the negative posts..like BlackBerry won't make hand sets..blah blah blah...Don't care if you are a short seller or Troll ....Would you stop it and let this be a place where BlackBerry users come and enjoy BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 04:20 PM
    Lately I have been seeing usual BlackBerry negative spinners pop up with all the negative posts..like BlackBerry won't make hand sets..blah blah blah...Don't care if you are a short seller or Troll ....Would you stop it and let this be a place where BlackBerry users come and enjoy BlackBerry!!!

Posted via CB10
    People like doom and gloom. Like attracts like. Those with a negative disposition tend to gravitate towards the negativity.

If it makes you feel better op. I an a BlackBerry lover

Posted via CB10
    ankush77 likes this.
    11-28-13 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by "lately I have been seeing"? You just joined this month.
    11-28-13 05:11 PM
    That doesn't mean he hasn't been reading for years.
    11-28-13 05:20 PM
    I was thinking things have slightly improved to be honest. There were times, over the course of the last year, I was loathe to log on to Crackberry

Posted via my Z10 (BB#22) featuring Channel C0031BD24
    11-28-13 05:22 PM
    You joined ages ago...
    11-28-13 05:23 PM
    People are going to have different opinions. Nothing wrong if people feel BlackBerry may exit the hardware business. It's no different than the many people that come on here and act as if BlackBerry has no problems.

Everyone should be allowed to have whatever opinion they desire on this forum so as long as they follow the forum rules.

Posted via CB10
    TGR1, JeepBB, TgeekB and 4 others like this.
    11-28-13 07:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    How is saying BlackBerry won't be making handsets something negative or trollish?
    TGR1, JeepBB, kevinnugent and 5 others like this.
    11-28-13 08:05 PM
    How is saying BlackBerry won't be making handsets something negative or trollish?
    When the same guy keeps saying negative stuff about BlackBerry all the time you know there is a vested interest...There's juts way too much negativity at CB..Not sure if that's how it should be on a fan website.

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 09:12 PM
    When the same guy keeps saying negative stuff about BlackBerry all the time you know there is a vested interest...There's juts way too much negativity at CB..Not sure if that's how it should be on a fan website.

Posted via CB10
    This is something to be expected anyway.
    We call it a fan website, but it is also a treasure trove for people seeking information about BlackBerry. This is their go-to site for all that.

Also, its fun for a lot of people to come in here and start a thread which says "XYZ is crap, this company is dead, they will not survive 2013, etc etc" and then watch the reaction.

For quite a lot of people, there are constructive discussions (you can search some threads), for others its just plain fun to rile others up.

You gotta take what you like with some things you may not.
    It's like **** in a beautiful garden, admire the scenery while stepping around the pile

LP&HG
    missing_K-W, acovey and johnm137 like this.
    11-28-13 09:34 PM
    That doesn't mean he hasn't been reading for years.
    Exact-a-mundo!
    11-28-13 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh no! Don't call it a fan website!! We're not allowed. IMore can be a fan site. AC can be a fan site. But not CB. This is a tech blog where people can stomp all over BlackBerry because their opinion is more important than anyone else's. Or at least that's what I'm told almost daily.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    11-28-13 10:13 PM
    Oh no! Don't call it a fan website!! We're not allowed. IMore can be a fan site. AC can be a fan site. But not CB. This is a tech blog where people can stomp all over BlackBerry because their opinion is more important than anyone else's. Or at least that's what I'm told almost daily.

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    I hereby proclaim CrackBerry.com to be a BlackBerry fansite, in addition to it being a "trove of information about BlackBerry" as pointed out by a very learned member above.

If this proclamation is not allowed, please take appropriate action against me

LP&HG
    Last edited by ghundiraj; 11-28-13 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo?
    missing_K-W likes this.
    11-28-13 10:16 PM
    I don't mind it when someone says something intelligent - or funny - relevant to the thread as long as they have a personal opinion about a topic and state it as such, or factual information which is backed up with facts - preferably a link. I also quite enjoy learning things from others' experiences.

What causes me to come out of my personal cake is when a post is blatantly aimed at picking a fight - when the poster is making non-sensical arguments based on false information - especially when it's information we've all seen already in badly-slanted media reviews. In my opinion, it's not adding anything to the topic of discussion but drama, and I've seen rational attempts to deal with these posters go downhill fast when they begin making circular arguements... you just know they're having a great old time watching the chum hit the water.

I've been making a habit to go and check the sorts of posts the "obnoxious" poster has been making in the past - which I do frequently so as not to just catch someone on a bad day. When I see threads started with titles loaded with innuendo that can be caught in a google search and will result in misinformation to new users online, or posts aimed to spread misinformation as fact, well, sadly I cannot contain myself on calling those particular posters out sometimes. But as I just said above... that's exactly the argument they seek.

Thanks for letting me vent AND stay on topic
    pkcable and Omnitech like this.
    11-28-13 10:21 PM
    I'm pretty sure the last week to two weeks have been better here. I think either the mods have been super busy cleaning out all the trashy negative posts or the lame wads posting all the negativity have gotten the hint and they've gone back to ac and im.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    11-28-13 10:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you want to censor free speech ? Good luck with that ..... LOL!
    11-28-13 11:21 PM
    You know who are worse than trolls? Fanboys who have taken it to the next level. This forums has plenty of delusional fanboys. I don't need to name them but everyone knows who they are.

That said, some of the so called 'negative' posts can actually be insightful. I think this forum has room for all sorts of content. There is plenty of love here for BB and it'll be that way for a long time to come.

I should also mention that I do not see crackberry as a fan site. I see it as a place where blackberry users (or any one who is interested) can come together and talk about anything and everything about Blackberry.
    11-29-13 12:51 AM
    I'm gonna have to agree with propeller over here.

I thought my main problem with Apple fanboys was that they were Apple Lovers, but I realized my problem with them was that they hate everything that isn't Apple.

I used to be an Apple fanboy myself and I know what it is like to love a product specifically because it is something and not for another reason. Maybe that's why I don't like it. Idk.

Anyways. I think if people on CrackBerry realize that some people don't want the BlackBerry 10 phone, it will never be better. I don't want this phone to go to someone who will just hate the phone for no reason just because it doesn't have snap chat or instagram.

I want the phone to love people. An environment where so many stuck up people say "instagram is for teenage girls who want to take pictures of their food" is very bad for us and is only making BlackBerry users look like stuckup snobs.

/endrant

Q10
    11-29-13 12:59 AM
    People like doom and gloom. Like attracts like. Those with a negative disposition tend to gravitate towards the negativity.

If it makes you feel better op. I an a BlackBerry lover

Posted via CB10
    Don't you mean honey attracts bees?

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-29-13 01:56 AM
    I'm gonna have to agree with propeller over here.

I thought my main problem with Apple fanboys was that they were Apple Lovers, but I realized my problem with them was that they hate everything that isn't Apple.

I used to be an Apple fanboy myself and I know what it is like to love a product specifically because it is something and not for another reason. Maybe that's why I don't like it. Idk.

Anyways. I think if people on CrackBerry realize that some people don't want the BlackBerry 10 phone, it will never be better. I don't want this phone to go to someone who will just hate the phone for no reason just because it doesn't have snap chat or instagram.

I want the phone to love people. An environment where so many stuck up people say "instagram is for teenage girls who want to take pictures of their food" is very bad for us and is only making BlackBerry users look like stuckup snobs.

/endrant

Q10
    Well,is Instagram for teenage girls who want to post pictures of their"food"?

sent from my galaxy note 3
    11-29-13 01:58 AM
    Lately I think it's been going a lot better in here. I value different opinions because we are not all the same and definitely do not have the same taste. I also appreciate that some people, me included, run multiple devices with different operating systems. Pure hate for the sake of hate should not and must not be tolerated on this site. Different opinions based on sound arguments should be encouraged and entertained. That being said, I am a huge BB fan but I don't shut my eyes for their faults.
    Last edited by mikr009876; 11-29-13 at 05:55 AM. Reason: spelling
    pkcable likes this.
    11-29-13 02:09 AM
    It was a lot worse around the time the strategic review period came out and leading up to the Fairfax investment.

People just want attention so they post up nonsensical threads with inflammatory titles. I've fallen guilty to the troll bait sometimes and it gets annoying but its the same few people so eventually you just shrug it off. That's what the ignore features were built for.

I don't even know how they have the time to trash on CB. I never even bother to go to AC/iMore or whatever other phone site and trash their phones because I don't own one and don't care. If they want to enjoy their phone cool, let me do the same.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    Last edited by R Field; 11-29-13 at 06:32 AM.
    Josh_Gooner likes this.
    11-29-13 04:14 AM
    They'll defend themselves with saying they have a right to their opinion, the need to counter excessive fanboyism (this one makes me laugh considering it's a BlackBerry site) and professing to be the fair and balanced type. They're basically the Fox of CrackBerry. But ultimately they contribute nothing but fever pitch.

Posted via CB10
    R Field, pkcable and Omnitech like this.
    11-29-13 04:26 AM
    What's with the positive and negative BS. Positive and negative are used in electricity, electronics and ohm's law and have nothing to do with real life. This positive and negative way of thinking is nothing more then thought control, plain and simple. Real life is reality folks. It cracks me up when I disagree with someones comment, I told I am being negative, when I agree with them, I am told I being positive.

What a crock of ****. If you don't like what someone says, don't read the post, plain and simple. Anyone who writes a comment on a post and can't except criticism for what they have written, then quit posting comments.
    Last edited by bakron1; 11-29-13 at 07:19 AM.
    11-29-13 04:45 AM
    What's with the positive and negative BS. Positive and negative are used in ohm's law and has nothing to do with real life. This positive and negative way of thinking is nothing more then thought control, plain and simple. Real life is reality folks. It cracks me up with I disagree with someones comment, I told I am being negative, when I agree with them, I am told I being positive.

What a crock of ****. If you don't like what someone says, don't read the post, plain and simple. Anyone who writes something and can't except criticism, then quit writing.
    You won't know whether you like it or not until you've read it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 04:51 AM
122 123 ...