Do they really not understand the wonders of marketing? I keep seeing windows all over the place showing the features of Windows Phone and Windows 8 and all I can say is wow, no wonder people are starting to pay attention to them.

Every time I see something about BlackBerry it's mainly about the keyboard and sometimes about the hub/camera but nothing else. Why don't they advertise apps such as file manager, remember, docs to go or story maker ( I know a lot of people would love this app). Where is the NFC advertising? Galaxy S4 made a killing with S-Beam which is NFC. By the way, for those of you that say apps aren't important, they actually are. Apps/mobile applications show what the phone is capable of doing and are used as tools by people to make their lives easier. After all, the browser that you're using to browse crackberry.com or any other site is an application. Only difference is one is for mobile while the other is for desktop.

It just irritates me that they're not showing people what BlackBerry 10 is capable of. I literally had to teach a T-mobile rep how to use a BlackBerry phone just so he can show customers about it. The dude was shocked when I told him that you can transfer files/contacts through NFC on the BlackBerry Z10 and goes on to tell others; "Hey, BlackBerry also has S-Beam!."

BlackBerry marketing + their mentality on it is literally killing the company.
    09-05-13 10:42 PM
    THANK YOU.

It completely boggles my mind. Apple can re-hash the iPhone with minimal upgrades each year and market it as this earth-shattering change. "OMG A WHOLE NEW ROW OF APPS!!!"

BlackBerry simply releases an overhaul of their OS and no one buys it because even BBRY doesn't seem like they believe in it too much. In fact, no one outside of this community even knows it exists or what it really is.

It kills me.
    09-05-13 10:45 PM
    THANK YOU.

It completely boggles my mind. Apple can re-hash the iPhone with minimal upgrades each year and market it as this earth-shattering change. "OMG A WHOLE NEW ROW OF APPS!!!"

BlackBerry simply releases an overhaul of their OS and no one buys it because even BBRY doesn't seem like they believe in it too much. In fact, no one outside of this community even knows it exists or what it really is.

It kills me.
    The rehash argument is somewhat silly to me. In terms of functionality, I measure a device on what it can do now, not what it can do compared to an earlier iteration of the same device.

In other words, does the BB10 ecosystem measure up well to the current iOS ecosystem?

That's what matters to buyers, I think.
    09-05-13 10:49 PM
    They should have a commercial of someone taking a family pic/whatever on their Z10, and after taking the pic the family huddles around it and they laugh at the face that someone made and the person with the Z10 goes "I can fix that" or "sorry guys thats not going to grandma" and uses the time shift feature. BOOM! BlackBerry shares skyrocket and Apple is in mass panic.
    09-05-13 11:52 PM
    They should have a commercial of someone taking a family pic/whatever on their Z10, and after taking the pic the family huddles around it and they laugh at the face that someone made and the person with the Z10 goes "I can fix that" or "sorry guys thats not going to grandma" and uses the time shift feature. BOOM! BlackBerry shares skyrocket and Apple is in mass panic.
    The only problem with that idea is then everyone would jump on blackberry for taking samsung's idea. Samsung had a similar commercial like that. I do think they could show features in a better way, but it has to be memorable.
    09-06-13 12:01 AM
    Apple can re-hash the iPhone with minimal upgrades each year and market it as this earth-shattering change. "OMG A WHOLE NEW ROW OF APPS!!!"
    I've seen a lot of ads, but I don't recall any Apple advertising regarding an additional row of apps.

At any rate, even if marketing were BBRY's problem, it's been complained about for years. Is BBRY just not aware of it? If no, is there any reason that's going to change now? At the same time, if they are aware of it, why haven't they fixed it?
    09-06-13 12:06 AM
    They should follow in nokia's footsteps

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 12:39 AM
    I've seen a lot of ads, but I don't recall any Apple advertising regarding an additional row of apps.

At any rate, even if marketing were BBRY's problem, it's been complained about for years. Is BBRY just not aware of it? If no, is there any reason that's going to change now? At the same time, if they are aware of it, why haven't they fixed it?
    They didn't advertise it but they definitely made it a big deal when they announced it during their conference.

And I think BlackBerry is aware that their marketing sucks, but they don't pay attention to it. When BlackBerry was at its prime I never saw any ads about BlackBerry. People just when and bought it because it's a BlackBerry and I feel that is the cause of their failed marketing.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:54 AM
    They didn't advertise it but they definitely made it a big deal when they announced it during their conference.
    And it hasn't been advertised or addressed since, and that was, what, a year ago? Isn't Apple supposed to be great at marketing? Why haven't I heard this more often?
    09-06-13 12:55 PM
    At any rate, even if marketing were BBRY's problem, it's been complained about for years. Is BBRY just not aware of it? If no, is there any reason that's going to change now?
    Nope, especially with an impending change of ownership.
    09-07-13 01:03 AM
    And it hasn't been advertised or addressed since, and that was, what, a year ago? Isn't Apple supposed to be great at marketing? Why haven't I heard this more often?
    They probably didn't think it was important enough to market that. You can see it easily without them marketing it. Plus, many reviews stated that the phone would come out with additional rows

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 09:55 PM