03-23-16 04:48 AM
61 123
tools
    Maybe the "no new bb10 device " is a play to keep away Short Sellers!

Z10
    JeepBB and Gallofa like this.
    03-22-16 01:19 PM
    Which threads have been shut down? If you feel one has been shut down unfairly, I'm sure anyone on the mod team would be happy to review it. Though it's likely that they were shut down for reasons other than "because it's a rumor".
    I believe this is thread in question.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...er-os-1067006/
    03-22-16 01:32 PM
    It would be nice to have a new device with the original OS

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:36 PM
    I have it on good authority from my wife's ex-husband's second cousin's son's friend that the BlackBerry Plas will be released in the very near future. Although he works as a fryer cook in the food truck that serves the BlackBerry offices on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he says that Chen's secretary told him that this will be the Apple/Android killer that will finally turn Blackberry around. He said that she said that it will sell for only $425 and come with a free roll of BlackBerry Duck Tape. Remember you heard it here first, folks!
    What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?-gongkai.jpg
    What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?-bb-duck-tape.jpg
    03-22-16 01:48 PM
    Maybe the "no new bb10 device " is a play to keep away Short Sellers!

Z10
    Not much room for short sellers with BlackBerry so close to what is believed to be book value.

More likely it's corporate BlackBerry people under Chen's direction trying to keep sales of existing devices going for as long as possible. Or a few that watched Disney movies way too much, and think all it takes is a WISH to make your dreams come true.

Me, I think Chen will do whatever he can to keep hardware revenues going for as long as possible. But the restrictions of being an OEM with a device with Google Services, might limit him. Along with the cost of new BB10 hardware drivers, so he'll stick to existing chipsets..

So a new BB10 phone using the Passports hardware, and with no runtime included.... just can't see that going over too well the way the native apps are losing support.
    Elephant_Canyon and JeepBB like this.
    03-22-16 01:50 PM
    So it sounds like basically we are talking about one thread that got shut down then? If the OP had an issue with it, he not someone ELSE should have contacted the Moderator in question about it. Had that not been satisfactory THEN he would have contacted me (or my boss James Falconer) But really are we that upset about a closed thread? There are plenty of other threads to contribute to.

IF you have issues with how we moderate those should be sent to me via PM or posted to our Feedback sub forum. Or addressed with James Falconer my boss. But seriously, a closed thread about a 2nd hand rumor? Don't we have better things to worry about?
    03-22-16 02:02 PM
    Hmmmm... John Chen (CEO of BB) says that there will be NO new BB10 phones this year, just Android.
    Not to stir the pot, but is Mr Chen talking fiscal/financial year of BlackBerry, which ends this month or calendar year?
    03-22-16 02:13 PM
    Not to stir the pot, but is Mr Chen talking fiscal/financial year of BlackBerry, which ends this month or calendar year?
    Pretty sure he was talking calendar year and not fiscal year... if that were the case he's a little late on his "devices" that were due later this year.
    03-22-16 02:21 PM
    If he didn't explicitly say fiscal then its calendar.
    No spoon in my hand either.
    03-22-16 02:22 PM
    Chen said (at CES in January IIRC) that BB would release two phones in 2016, both Android. He also said that BB10 would be supported with two OS updates, to address security, one of which (10.3.3) is due in March (now!). Both of those statements used calendar reckoning.

I'm pretty sure that most BB statements (that aren't of themselves reporting financial events) use the calendar year because not everyone knows BB's financial year, but everyone understands how to use a calendar!

He didn't actually say that he wouldn't release a BB10 device in 2017, if anyone was minded to clutch at that particular straw. I personally think that sitting out 2016 and then planning a BB10 comeback in 2017 with new BB10 devices is on a par with tossing a coin a million times and getting "heads" every time... but your mileage may differ.
    03-22-16 02:55 PM
    They could easily 'upgrade' the Leap and Classic with Passport internals. Not much of an upgrade really but better than nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 02:57 PM
    They could easily 'upgrade' the Leap and Classic with Passport internals. Not much of an upgrade really but better than nothing.
    They could do almost anything.

However, what Chen says they will do is release two phones in 2016. Both will run "the Google" (Android).
    03-22-16 03:04 PM
    Hope they stick to that plan as the likelyhood of BB not releasing any phones ever again is greater than them ever releasing another BB10 unit.
    03-22-16 04:43 PM
    So it sounds like basically we are talking about one thread that got shut down then? If the OP had an issue with it, he not someone ELSE should have contacted the Moderator in question about it. Had that not been satisfactory THEN he would have contacted me (or my boss James Falconer) But really are we that upset about a closed thread? There are plenty of other threads to contribute to.

IF you have issues with how we moderate those should be sent to me via PM or posted to our Feedback sub forum. Or addressed with James Falconer my boss. But seriously, a closed thread about a 2nd hand rumor? Don't we have better things to worry about?
    My concern is not about a closed thread. I'm just pointing out that if the rumors are just 'rumors' then some threads shouldn't have been shut down. I'm just saying it kind of adds up to the whole "new BB10 device" rumor.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 06:56 PM
    If by 'rumours' you mean ' horse manure'
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-22-16 07:00 PM
    My concern is not about a closed thread. I'm just pointing out that if the rumors are just 'rumors' then some threads shouldn't have been shut down. I'm just saying it kind of adds up to the whole "new BB10 device" rumor.

Posted via CB10
    The rumours that we are talking about are not harmless.
    Members get their hopes up and when these hopes are inevitably dashed, its gets nasty.
    Doing that on purpose is a pretty lousy way to treat your neighbour.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-22-16 07:35 PM
    I have it on good authority from my wife's ex-husband's second cousin's son's friend that the BlackBerry Plas will be released in the very near future. Although he works as a fryer cook in the food truck that serves the BlackBerry offices on Tuesdays and Thursdays, he says that Chen's secretary told him that this will be the Apple/Android killer that will finally turn Blackberry around. He said that she said that it will sell for only $425 and come with a free roll of BlackBerry Duck Tape. Remember you heard it here first, folks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gongkai.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	394940

Name:	BB Duck Tape.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	394941
    So... Is the tape made from ducks or is it used to tape ducks?

*A3-A20
    RoseBud68 and anon(9188202) like this.
    03-22-16 07:56 PM

*A3-A20
    I know what you were getting at (duct) but there is a brand actually called Duck Tape

What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?-silver-188-x-45-yd_primary_image.jpg
    dejanh and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    03-22-16 08:07 PM

*A3-A20
    Mann I'm Pretty....
    johnny_bravo72 likes this.
    03-22-16 09:07 PM
    I know what you were getting at (duct) but there is a brand actually called Duck Tape

Name:	silver-188-in-x-45-yd_Primary_Image.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	394985
    Thanks for the heads up. Now I'm stumped... Never encountered that brand here. Closest was Toilet Duck.

*A3-A20
    03-22-16 09:21 PM

Name:	Gongkai.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	394940
    Why would they join the middle buttons like that...
    03-22-16 09:24 PM
    Mann I'm Pretty....
    "Do the monkey with me!"

*A3-A20
    03-22-16 09:26 PM
    "What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?"

They are 100% false. I would love to see Blackberry release a pair of new high-end BlackBerry devices, but I want BlackBerry themselves to confirm it. Not some random men on the internet!
    03-22-16 09:29 PM
    But you are part of the establishment that is trying to suppress the truth.

Ha I've exposed you...

Attachment 394915
    I want to believe.
    03-22-16 09:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was one thread. Not some threads. It adds up to nothing.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 10:02 PM
61 123