Several members, members who have been active on here for couple of years, are posting random threads saying BB10 is far from dead and that there will be two devices that will be coming out this year, etc etc. My question is who are these people's sources and is there any legitimacy to it?

Because on one hand we have practically every CB member rolling on the ground crying "BB10 is dead" and then comes along these members with "inside sources" saying that two devices will be released this year.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 01:38 AM
    We all wish I guess, but there must be a reason why the mods have been shuting down all those threads.

Nothing like my SE.
    03-22-16 02:35 AM
    We all wish I guess, but there must be a reason why the mods have been shuting down all those threads.

Nothing like my SE.
    Have the mods really have been shutting down those threads? I haven't noticed that at all.. Weird
    03-22-16 03:32 AM
    I may be just wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 03:40 AM
    I may be just wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    Some of the members on here are very positive and sure on their claims. Seems like it's more than just wishful thinking.
    Last edited by khlover520; 03-22-16 at 04:57 AM.
    03-22-16 04:24 AM
    As other folks including myself have stated, I think the corporate numbers due out on April 1st will determine if any new devices will be launched or not.
    03-22-16 04:30 AM
    Because people can't stand the fact that the CEO has said there will be no new BB10 devices this year and there's very little Blackberry news relegated to handsets so the thread gets started. I haven't seen any by any people that have been here a couple of years though. Its usually newer members who like to come in and claim they know "upper management at Blackberry."
    JeepBB, eldricho and dejanh like this.
    03-22-16 04:52 AM
    Because people can't stand the fact that the CEO has said there will be no new BB10 devices this year and there's very little Blackberry news relegated to handsets so the thread gets started. I haven't seen any by any people that have been here a couple of years though. Its usually newer members who like to come in and claim they know "upper management at Blackberry."
    Some of the members who have made such claims have been members for quite a few years. Then there's the BlackBerry Central crew that made such claims as well.
    03-22-16 04:58 AM
    "Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Red

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    03-22-16 05:01 AM
    You see me trollin'...

You see me postin' dirty...
    gebco likes this.
    03-22-16 05:26 AM
    If BB comes out with another BB10 device then I am going Passport the day it is announced. I am just hesitant to get deeper into the OS if it is going away. I have a classic and Z30 now so I am getting my BB10 fix
    03-22-16 07:49 AM
    My question is who are these people's sources
    Wishful thinking.

and is there any legitimacy to it?
    No.

then comes along these members with "inside sources" saying that two devices will be released this year.
    If they claim to have inside sources, they've either been lied to, or they themselves are lying.
    JeepBB, StephanieMaks and andy957 like this.
    03-22-16 07:59 AM
    Some of the members who have made such claims have been members for quite a few years. Then there's the BlackBerry Central crew that made such claims as well.
    Could be that these members are just flat out lying.
    One possible motive is, just for the fun of making fools out of the more gullible members here.

Perhaps you've heard of crop circles?

What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?-3_20_stonehenge_forme_moins_de_30_min.jpg
    03-22-16 08:35 AM
    Hmmmm... John Chen (CEO of BB) says that there will be NO new BB10 phones this year, just Android.

On the other hand, some random anonymous poster on an internet forum says his mysterious high-level BB contacts told him, confidentially of course, that new BB10 phones are in-bound.

So difficult! Who should I believe?! :face-palm:
    gebco likes this.
    03-22-16 09:33 AM
    Hmmmm... John Chen (CEO of BB) says that there will be NO new BB10 phones this year, just Android.

On the other hand, some random anonymous poster on an internet forum says his mysterious high-level BB contacts told him, confidentially of course, that new BB10 phones are in-bound.

So difficult! Who should I believe?! :face-palm:
    But you are part of the establishment that is trying to suppress the truth.

Ha I've exposed you...

What's up with all the random rumors about a new BB10 device coming out soon?-the_smoking_man_-x-files-.jpg
    JeepBB and FF22 like this.
    03-22-16 09:39 AM
    But you are part of the establishment that is trying to suppress the truth.

Ha I've exposed you...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg 
Views:	881 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	394915
    Curses! My evil plan is revealed!!!

Oh well, back to creating fake alien crop circles for me... Folk who believe in them are *really* gullible and easier to convince than the BB10-rebirthers.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-22-16 09:46 AM
    I've seen 1 or 2 of those kind of threads, but haven't seen anything with any credibility. Can you name me 2 or 3 long standing members who are supporting this claim?

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-22-16 10:13 AM
    Even if the rumours are true and two devices or even more are coming. The train has departed. BlackBerry 10 is dead on consumer level

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 10:16 AM
    Even if the rumours are true and two devices or even more are coming. The train has departed. BlackBerry 10 is dead on consumer level

Posted via CB10
    True . . no whatsapp no fb ...ouch
    Laura Knotek and JeepBB like this.
    03-22-16 10:17 AM
    A rumour is a rumour until it's proven otherwise. Uncle Chen doesn't spread rumours.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 11:11 AM
    A rumour is a rumour until it's proven otherwise. Uncle Chen doesn't spread rumours.

Posted via CB10
    Uncle Chen is begging for apps.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 03-22-16 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Mod edit of unfortunate typo.
    03-22-16 11:19 AM
    If it was just a rumor, why are those threads shut down now? It's a harmless rumor and it doesn't hold any weight to it then the CB mods shouldn't have it shut down.
    03-22-16 12:40 PM
    If it was just a rumor, why are those threads shut down now? It's a harmless rumor and it doesn't hold any weight to it then the CB mods shouldn't have it shut down.
    Rumors snowball into FUD.

The Vienna, for one.
    03-22-16 01:13 PM
    Which threads have been shut down? If you feel one has been shut down unfairly, I'm sure anyone on the mod team would be happy to review it. Though it's likely that they were shut down for reasons other than "because it's a rumor".
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 03-22-16 at 01:28 PM.
    03-22-16 01:14 PM
    We shut threads down if they're getting out of hand, off topic, or otherwise violating the R&G. If you feel there's been a mistake, contact mod team leader pkcable.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-22-16 01:16 PM
61 123