I am using BBOs 7 Curv 9220 with Airtel India

I am really wondering whats there for old BB user after new BBM for Android and iOS.
    I am paying for BBM serveice and have BIS plan.

Is BBM free fro them? If so is it still worth to pay for BIS?

My friend got Z10 he has not activated BBM service or BIS he is still accessible to BBM and mails via normal GPRS data plans.

So can i access same over GPRS?

PS: I am not at all tracking news related to BB services in past . So please update me.

Thanks
    06-05-13 02:23 AM
    With the older BlackBerries you will still need a BIS data plan. I'm not sure what the cost difference is between a BIS data plan and a regular data plan for other phones is with your carrier. For my carrier it's the same price.
    06-06-13 05:55 PM
    I am using BBOs 7 Curv 9220 with Airtel India

I am really wondering whats there for old BB user after new BBM for Android and iOS.
    I am paying for BBM serveice and have BIS plan.

Is BBM free fro them? If so is it still worth to pay for BIS?

My friend got Z10 he has not activated BBM service or BIS he is still accessible to BBM and mails via normal GPRS data plans.

So can i access same over GPRS?

PS: I am not at all tracking news related to BB services in past . So please update me.

Thanks
    Nothing in life is free, bis is more than just bbm and in most countries i have been the prepaid rates for a blackberry device are cheaper. Have no idea about India... But bb10 devices do not need bis.
    06-07-13 12:16 AM
    Nothing in life is free, bis is more than just bbm and in most countries i have been the prepaid rates for a blackberry device are cheaper. Have no idea about India... But bb10 devices do not need bis.
    BB10 phones will use more data than a BIS phone. BB10 phones are much better on the internet etc which causes you to you more data as well. In the end I think your old phone might be cheaper to run. As far as BBM goes - this just means that you can use this service vs SMS or whatsapp etc. There is no loss to you because others gain this service.
    06-07-13 09:04 AM
    BB10 phones will use more data than a BIS phone. BB10 phones are much better on the internet etc which causes you to you more data as well. In the end I think your old phone might be cheaper to run. As far as BBM goes - this just means that you can use this service vs SMS or whatsapp etc. There is no loss to you because others gain this service.
    I agree Bbnivende when moving to Z10 I had to up my data plan since there is no compression of data on Z10 so if you have old blackberry you are saving by not upping your data plan
    06-07-13 09:17 AM
    "Quote Originally Posted by DSL9700 View Post

Nothing in life is free, bis is more than just bbm and in most countries i have been the prepaid rates for a blackberry device are cheaper. Have no idea about India... But bb10 devices do not need bis."

OK, do not need BIS, but... I want to use BIS in BB Z10 (I am considering buying this device). Everyone is just tellin "BB10 doesn't need BIS", yeah I understand, but Nobody answered me whether it CAN use BIS. Even official BB help is quiet about this Q. If it can't so I will buy iPhone :-). BIS for me is the only reason to use BlackBerry.
    06-10-13 02:20 PM
    "Quote Originally Posted by DSL9700 View Post

OK, do not need BIS, but... I want to use BIS in BB Z10 (I am considering buying this device). Everyone is just tellin "BB10 doesn't need BIS", yeah I understand, but Nobody answered me whether it CAN use BIS. Even official BB help is quiet about this Q. If it can't so I will buy iPhone :-). BIS for me is the only reason to use BlackBerry.
    Nope, no BIS for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:30 PM
    No, there is no way to connect a Z10 through BIS.
    06-10-13 08:39 PM
    No there is not. BIS is for older bbos devices, BB10 does not use BIS.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:39 PM
    Have you considered upgrading to the bold 9900 ?
    There are still many people using it with very positive results.
    06-10-13 10:47 PM
    With the older BlackBerries you will still need a BIS data plan. I'm not sure what the cost difference is between a BIS data plan and a regular data plan for other phones is with your carrier. For my carrier it's the same price.
    I pay 50 bucks unlimited everything for the plan plus an extra 20 bucks just for for BIS.
    06-11-13 03:12 PM
    Even official BB help is quiet about this Q. If it can't so I will buy iPhone :-). BIS for me is the only reason to use BlackBerry.[/QUOTE]

Ok then, bye. BB10 doesn't use BIS and I see no use of it. I find it to be ignorant for people to just buy a BlackBerry 10 device just for sole purpose of BBM when the phone has more potential. Enjoy your iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:59 PM