i use to say things like that not. the best thing about having a phone is having a blackberry it does everything i see your a newbi but i will tell you this crackberry will show you why its so dam improtant to have a blackberry from being able to unlock your home to changing the channel when you cant find the remote. and then do your emails from your taxi or bus. after a 12 hr day. also my email i get in 2 sec before i get it on my pc so sorry to hear your device is slow search crackberry for some updates and leaks good luck.
    05-11-09 01:21 AM
    No biggie... Just hate to see someone get flamed for stating their opinion. Although I agree with the part about not being near enough time to get used to a device.

To Tenorsaw: Is your company using BES, or BIS. If it's BES, then alot of your issues may have more to do with your IT Policy than the device itself.
    05-11-09 01:48 AM
    No biggie... Just hate to see someone get flamed for stating their opinion. Although I agree with the part about not being near enough time to get used to a device.

To Tenorsaw: Is your company using BES, or BIS. If it's BES, then alot of your issues may have more to do with your IT Policy than the device itself.
    The issues he mentioned aren't policy related, but instead device/OS concerns.
    05-11-09 08:23 AM

Thanks for the response, Luther. As stated before, I'm not having any problems with my BB. As a matter of fact, I'm far from being a novice. I was just speaking from an overall prospective.

In response to bb123456789, try to be a bit more mature in your replies. Not everyone likes the Storm. That doesn't make them stupid.
    Last edited by tenorsaw; 05-12-09 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Grammar
    05-11-09 10:03 AM
    I know.. I got in trouble for posting that and they said they removed the post.. but they actually removed the post where I apologized for saying that.. I just don't see how people can take something back after 3 days just because it's different than what they are used to. for instance if you buy a mac and take it back in 3 days because it's different than windows.. give it a chance... give it a chance..
    05-11-09 10:14 PM
    what kind of question is that?
    05-11-09 10:26 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean by mail arriving 10 minutes later on your BB. I get my mail on my BB before I get it on my PC.
    I've started having this problem. Sometimes it takes 10 - 20 minutes for emails to show up on my phone after I notice them in my mail program on my laptop. Any known solutions?
    05-11-09 10:30 PM
    I know.. I got in trouble for posting that and they said they removed the post.. but they actually removed the post where I apologized for saying that.. I just don't see how people can take something back after 3 days just because it's different than what they are used to. for instance if you buy a mac and take it back in 3 days because it's different than windows.. give it a chance... give it a chance..
    You raise a good point, but for me it just wasn't worth it. I already have an iPhone and an 8830. To be honest, I didn't like the Storm after the first 10-20 minutes of using it, but I said I would give it a fair chance and kept it over the weekend. Maybe I'm already spoiled with the iPhone. To me it's far better. The click-screen on the Storm was the biggest annoyance for me. As a matter of fact, I can probably get any BB I want from my employer yet I choose to pay for my iPhone account.
    05-12-09 01:16 PM
    I've started having this problem. Sometimes it takes 10 - 20 minutes for emails to show up on my phone after I notice them in my mail program on my laptop. Any known solutions?
    It depends on your email account. Typically, if you're not using one of RIM's partnered providers (gmail, aol, yahoo, etc) you have to wait 10-15 minutes for your email to arrive.
    05-12-09 01:22 PM
    Its The Bestttt
    05-12-09 01:59 PM
    I have just got a new perl because there is a huge wave for blackberrys. My experience is a bit sad. Been using Nokia N and E series for long and this blackberry is totally confusing. I can check my mails quite comfortably in my E series so i dont need the push. May be I will like it soon, but that seems a dim prospect. do you hear bb123456789? I am not silly or a nitwit either
    05-18-09 06:16 AM
    BBs are so addictive!!!!! Keeps me totally connected while on the road.
    05-18-09 07:23 AM
    We are a small company--just my boss and I have BB's. He is the president of the company and I run a region. As such, BES is not cost effective for us. The trade off of folders vs. push is really annoying. Every time I check my yahoo e-mail on my iPod touch I wonder why the BB seems to be stuck in a previous decade in terms of interface.
    08-11-09 12:30 PM
    I have just got a new perl because there is a huge wave for blackberrys. My experience is a bit sad. Been using Nokia N and E series for long and this blackberry is totally confusing. I can check my mails quite comfortably in my E series so i dont need the push. May be I will like it soon, but that seems a dim prospect. do you hear bb123456789? I am not silly or a nitwit either
    The BB os is confusing? There's hardly anything to it...

-Actual multitasking
    -Simple UI
    -Work flow is pretty fast and easy (unlike WM)
    -push-based applications instead of constant polling
    -push email is quite easy to setup and you get push on multiple accounts, compared to something like EAS where you get push on one account (and you don't need an exchange server)
    -data compression. Take a look at how much data you will use loading pages on a WM/Symbian/iphone/etc. The amount is way, way higher...
    Last edited by papped; 08-11-09 at 12:39 PM.
    08-11-09 12:34 PM
    The hype about the BB is that its a functional device. The iphone for me when wasn't functional. I couldn't get out emalis fast because it had no buttons. I never got emails on time, because I couldn't have it turned on immediate push because it would drain my battery. I couldn't copy/paste. I couldn't send pictures to those who needed to see what I was looking at or vice versa for that matter. I could download all that apps in the world but the battery didn't even last long enough to make it a reliable device. There was nothing that spoke business about that phone. Its email use was nice, and it was different from anything I had ever used before. Yet, I couldn't use it or it would drain my battery and I can't afford to get emails that late!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 12:53 PM
    The hype about the BB is that its a functional device. The iphone for me when wasn't functional. I couldn't get out emalis fast because it had no buttons. I never got emails on time, because I couldn't have it turned on immediate push because it would drain my battery. I couldn't copy/paste. I couldn't send pictures to those who needed to see what I was looking at or vice versa for that matter. I could download all that apps in the world but the battery didn't even last long enough to make it a reliable device. There was nothing that spoke business about that phone. Its email use was nice, and it was different from anything I had ever used before. Yet, I couldn't use it or it would drain my battery and I can't afford to get emails that late!

E-mail is one business day communications. I always assume it will take one business day to get a response from e-mail. Somehow this got lost when people started using smartphones and e-mail has become something it was never supposed to be: instant communications. Smartphones are about the convenience of addressing an e-mail while on the go, not instant communications. That's where IM and, gasp, a phone call come in. If it is urgent--you have a phone in your hand.

I remember text-based command line unix email clients.
    08-11-09 01:06 PM
    Well you have fun in your world. Frankly I wish we all still lived in a time when emails didn't have to be responded to today, but that's not the case anymore. I can't get away with not having immediate push email. I can't get away with taking a whole day not to respond to someone either. Its just not exceptable anymore. I don't think its instant communication, but its quick communication. Its just not feasable to call everyone you need to relay a message to, and I can't expect people to do that either and I wouldn't want them to expect it from me. I've sent emails to peole while I was in meetings to keep them up to date. I can't make a phone then. This is what smartphones were made for, we didn't do this to them.

08-11-09 01:14 PM
    It did NOT turn in to a flame-fest. There is hope for the CB Nation after-all! Actually I'm not THAT surprised we got THE best members in the BB dedicated Forums.
    08-11-09 01:18 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I actually use an iPhone as my personal phone. The 8830 is from my employer. I use BBM as well and it's great. As a corporate device, the BB does the job. As a consumer device, BIS still has a long way to go, IMO.

I just thought that there were other reasons to love the BB in order to overlook the flaws, which is why I posted my question.
    The Blackberrys primary use is for corporate, that's the whole purpose of the blackberry is a corporate phone that is what sometimes us the users forget! All the extras that come with the phone are just bonuses!
    08-11-09 01:19 PM
    The Blackberrys primary use is for corporate, that's the whole purpose of the blackberry is a corporate phone that is what sometimes us the users forget! All the extras that come with the phone are just bonuses!
    That's changing though.
    08-11-09 01:35 PM
    That's changing though.
    Agreed. There is lots of money to be make in the personal cell phone world. RIM isn't stupid..

08-11-09 03:11 PM
    The original purpose of the blackberry was to be able to provide a PDA and a phone for corporate users who also need a quick fast way to send email on the go. That's where blackberry jumped into this game. What has happened in that time since the late 90s is that more people have started to utilize email and sms and needed a phone that would support this. So blackberry capitalized on that that and made their devices more user friendly for more people. It was a great idea that still is being transformed to be as user friendly as possible for the most people, but also sticking close to their corporate roots. This is what seperates them away from things like the iphone. Blackberry started out business friendly, the iphone started out as a toy that tried to transform itself into a business phone. At any given time the Blackberry is going to have a 1up on them.
    08-11-09 03:34 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD