why do we love our blackberrys so much???
    I dont even know!
    03-07-11 12:16 PM
    Best email & messaging, intuitive to use, basically does everything we need a phone to do simply and efficiently. What's not to love?! ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-11 12:38 PM
    For me its battery life. Looking at the other phones I knew that as cool as they looked I would have to charge that them more than a blackberry.

What use is a smart phone if you have to charge it constantly? At least a day of moderate use is minimum for me. The torch doesnt last as long as the old 9700 I had but then again I use the torch alot more, still I can get over a days use before I must charge it.

Carmen
    03-07-11 01:41 PM
    Battery life, simplicity of use, and reliability. I never have to worry about missing a text or e-mail. Yes, some may find this hard to believe but my Storm 1 is very reliable.
    03-07-11 01:45 PM
    Battery life, simplicity of use, and reliability. I never have to worry about missing a text or e-mail. Yes, some may find this hard to believe but my Storm 1 is very reliable.
    Not hard at all still using mine with excellent reliability too!!! Come on Monaco !!!!

03-07-11 02:09 PM
    For me its battery life. Looking at the other phones I knew that as cool as they looked I would have to charge that them more than a blackberry.

What use is a smart phone if you have to charge it constantly? At least a day of moderate use is minimum for me. The torch doesnt last as long as the old 9700 I had but then again I use the torch alot more, still I can get over a days use before I must charge it.

Carmen
    I couldn't agree more Carmen.

03-07-11 02:29 PM
    Sure it lacks in some specifications that "tech nerds" seem to love so much (Engadget, TechnoBuffalo, Chris Parillo, SoldierKnowsBest), but they are simply better than the other competitors in the ways that have already been posted.

Sure we don't get all those apps like Droid and Apple get but that's not too far along. I'm guessing/hoping we'll get all we love in our BBs today with all that "tech loving" stuff in the new OS7.
    03-07-11 02:38 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Bold 9650 and a Torch 9800 and my fiance has an iPhone 4 and she had a Storm 2 before that. Anyways, the iPhone is cool and all, but the two of us agree that the BlackBerry is much more functional than the iPhone.

She misses such basic thing as push email, the LED light, notifications (the iPhone system SUCKS), sound profiles*, a menu and a back button, multitasking and easy exiting of apps, BlackBerry Messenger, and various other basic fuctions.

*The iPhone has it's main sound profile and a secondary one that can be changed with the flip of the external switch on the side of the phone. The problem is you only have a 2nd profile option. You have to make the 2nd profile vibrate or be completely silent. You can't give yourself the option of using both of those settings at different times without going into the settings and messing around with them permanently.
    03-07-11 03:03 PM
    Shhh! the others are listening!

but for what it's worth, it's the LED, variation of customizations and alerts from SMS to emails and the built.
    i have my torch with the pouch and i'm not afraid to drop it, because i know it's gonna stand the impact.
    Last edited by mark_rivers19; 03-07-11 at 06:12 PM.
    03-07-11 03:10 PM
    I have a BlackBerry Bold 9650 and a Torch 9800 and my fiance has an iPhone 4 and she had a Storm 2 before that. Anyways, the iPhone is cool and all, but the two of us agree that the BlackBerry is much more functional than the iPhone.

She misses such basic thing as push email, the LED light, notifications (the iPhone system SUCKS), sound profiles*, a menu and a back button, multitasking and easy exiting of apps, BlackBerry Messenger, and various other basic fuctions.

*The iPhone has it's main sound profile and a secondary one that can be changed with the flip of the external switch on the side of the phone. The problem is you only have a 2nd profile option. You have to make the 2nd profile vibrate or be completely silent. You can't give yourself the option of using both of those settings at different times without going into the settings and messing around with them permanently.

I've learned something again here -- good info about the iPhone. Also interesting that your first comment mentions BBs being more functional since I was about to reply that I like that my BB provides reliable, intuitive functionality for all the core purposes I use it most often for. For me personally, my BB is definitely more of a dedicated communication and organizational tool than it is a gaming or entertainment gadget -- and it does those critical things damn well.
    wing2299 likes this.
    03-07-11 03:24 PM
    For me the LED is the main thing.

03-07-11 03:30 PM
    My fav things are messaging, e-mail, durability...I don't know, just something about it that I've always liked over other phones.
    03-07-11 03:38 PM
    i hardly use any of the applications...for me its all about messenger. i dont know why when texting does the same job!
    03-07-11 04:48 PM
    I like the layout of my BB. It is easy to use and a SOLID cell phone.

03-07-11 05:05 PM
    I like that it's a single piece phone with a really solid keyboard, and all the apps I want or need.
    03-07-11 05:33 PM
    Shhh! the others are listening!

but for what it's worth, it's the LED, variation of customizations and alerts from SMS to emails and the built.
    i have my torch with the pouch and i'm not afraid to drop it, because i know it's gonna stand the impact.
    As much as I love my BB, build quality is nothing compared to iPhones or even the old Nokias.

My first BB, a 9700, had a light bleed. The replacement lost sound completely until I bang it against my palm and luckily it was restored.

My brother's Torch trackpad was faulty.

My current Torch has a slight wobble, but I accept it as normal for sliders. But my Red and Back buttons have lost the clicky feel.

Never had any problems whatsoever with other phones in my 10 years of owning cell phones.
    03-07-11 06:24 PM
    basic things: efficient, nice keyboard, feels good in my hands, durability, notification
    03-07-11 06:44 PM
    It's a solid messaging device, great for texting and e-mails. Also, it has a great keyboard.
    03-07-11 07:08 PM
    The battery pulls, 5 minute reboot, and the spinning clock......whoops.

03-07-11 08:03 PM
    Multiple notifications styles, LED status indicator, long press for Capital letters, excellent for business-quality email writing(my fat fingers just don't get speed or accuracy on a virtual keyboard, size, quality of build, fantastic battery etc. I use mine for business and personal use equally. And it just works intuitively and quickly. BBM FTW!

03-07-11 08:44 PM
    The battery pulls, 5 minute reboot, and the spinning clock......whoops.

Fail.

03-07-11 08:56 PM
    Very solid phone; well built; decent battery; love the red light; keyboard is superior than any other phone on the market. I have a different notification setup for every email account on my phone, sms, and bbm. I'm not even sure if the competition can do that. I forgot multitasking and great organizational tools for me being a college student. I won't ever own another phone!

03-07-11 08:56 PM
    Torch.

Freakin' flame on baby!! Best. Phone. Ever.

P.S.

I said phone.
    03-07-11 10:16 PM
    The keyboard (surepress Kb on the S2 also), LED, sound profiles, battery life, and yes, I'll say it, the OS.

Love the keyboard shortcuts too. You gotta love holding down that "Q" key to switch between vib and ring.

The calendar is great, as is the memo pad. I could go on. Just in general, it is a fantastic messaging and personal organization device.

03-07-11 10:47 PM
    Clamshell smartphone, intuitive OS, great email and messaging, awesome call quality with full smartphone features, and my LED shoots laser bolts.
    03-08-11 05:21 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD