you've misinterpreted the data. android is growing faster than ios. android is more than verizon. what's unequivocal is that android has vanquished RIM at Verizon, where it was a powerhouse. I expect that to happen at every carrier in the world where they go head to head.
    That is my point, on another note, Android will be hurt once iOS reaches Verizon.
    Last edited by Entertainment72; 12-15-10 at 09:39 AM.
    12-15-10 09:35 AM
    Someone alluded to RIM being a juggernaut, and if that's the case and they're actually paying attention they might be already hitting the skids; it'll just take them awhile to get their train stopped and re-directed. Which is kind of what the OP article was about, the question is if they're paying attention. The number of people leaving for other platforms and general unrest with all but the loyal base says they might not be, getting QNX and TaT could be a sign that they're highly aware. Those acquisitions didn't happen overnight, those were months in planning and purchasing. I'm not saying you're wrong, it could very well be they were waiting for someone to click their heels together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree with you that it appears they're starting to see the future and may be starting to realize that the future of smartphones was already starting to evolve several years ago, and take steps to bring themselves into the future.

Even so, from the time it became apparent the iPhone was going to be the future to the time of their announcement, an eternity elapsed. I understand some corporations change slowly, but that is not the way to run a successful electronics company.

They rested on their collective backside being content with their enterprise market and whatever consumer type customers they could get. They sat there like Nero, playing their fiddle while their empire burned down around them.

They did not even need to acquire the companies they're going to use like QNX. They could have simply sat down and made a contract for their services, which doesn't take terribly longg. Surely not 3 years...

Looking at the future of smartphones, they seemed to act just like a kid when someone says something they don't wish to hear covering up their ears and yelling "la la la".

I definitely hope they can get themselves turned around and make a technological leap from where they're at now. I would love to see them leapfrog everybody else.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-15-10 at 10:19 AM.
    12-15-10 09:51 AM
    That is my point, on another note, Android will be hurt once iOS reaches Verizon.
    At Verizon, that's a good bet. But not to the extent bb was. And android will be getting a huge push at ATT. Android also has the low end covered and Apple isn't going to go "there"....the Prepaid companies like Metropcs and Virgin are really getting behind Android.
    Last edited by dutchtender; 12-15-10 at 10:56 AM.
    12-15-10 10:52 AM
    Someone alluded to RIM being a juggernaut, and if that's the case and they're actually paying attention they might be already hitting the skids; it'll just take them awhile to get their train stopped and re-directed. Which is kind of what the OP article was about, the question is if they're paying attention. The number of people leaving for other platforms and general unrest with all but the loyal base says they might not be, getting QNX and TaT could be a sign that they're highly aware. Those acquisitions didn't happen overnight, those were months in planning and purchasing. I'm not saying you're wrong, it could very well be they were waiting for someone to click their heels together.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    they're at least two years too late, more like three. they bought the stuff they need to "clone" android and ip4. only problem is that they have a three year head start. android is already at 2.3 and they still get knocked for not having every feature and not being friendly enough. can you imagine what V1 of rim qnx is going to look like?
    12-15-10 10:55 AM
104 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD