Hey guys, i just saw a review of the new BlackBerry Q10 and i notice that where the buttons use to be, now has virtual menus and buttons that fades when not in use, but i also notice that when the button fades, the screen does not re-sizes. EX: if you're browsing pics and you stop swiping, the menus, buttons, etc. they all fade away but the pic stays the same size, no auto resizing, leaven a blank (black) space on the screen. It looks like there's something wrong just looking at it, i think it should of re-size it self, and they need to do something about the landscape issue also.

P.S. this is not a critic, is an observation for the improvement of BB10

BB by choice !!
    02-01-13 10:49 AM
    That area above the keyboard is also where the predictive text comes up as well.
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    More screen space. And those buttons are redundant with the new OS.

Can this just be the end of this thread, cause the last thing we need on the forums is this popping up on the top of it.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    Isn't it straight forward? On OS7, touch was bolted onto an OS and hardware designed not intended to use touch, in OS10, keyboards are bolted onto an OS intended for touch. I guess they don't have buttons because this is a fudge, it's an OS designed to be used with your figures - but the hard core want a keyboard so they weld a keyboard onto a device...
    02-01-13 10:55 AM
    More screen space. And those buttons are redundant with the new OS.

Can this just be the end of this thread, cause the last thing we need on the forums is this popping up on the top of it.
    did you only read the title and not the post?

you did not address the question at all so calling for an end to the thread is presumptuous

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 11:22 AM
    Isn't it straight forward? On OS7, touch was bolted onto an OS and hardware designed not intended to use touch, in OS10, keyboards are bolted onto an OS intended for touch. I guess they don't have buttons because this is a fudge, it's an OS designed to be used with your figures - but the hard core want a keyboard so they weld a keyboard onto a device...
    that could be it, but hopefully they could make that space useful all of the time instead of some of the time

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-01-13 11:24 AM
    A bit more screen space
    02-01-13 11:25 AM
    Gestures,

and do diffirentiate 10 from Legacy. No other reasons.
    02-01-13 11:27 AM
    Hey guys, i just saw a review of the new BlackBerry Q10 and i notice that where the buttons use to be, now has virtual menus and buttons that fades when not in use, but i also notice that when the button fades, the screen does not re-sizes. EX: if you're browsing pics and you stop swiping, the menus, buttons, etc. they all fade away but the pic stays the same size, no auto resizing, leaven a blank (black) space on the screen. It looks like there's something wrong just looking at it, i think it should of re-size it self, and they need to do something about the landscape issue also.

P.S. this is not a critic, is an observation for the improvement of BB10

BB by choice !!
    What video were you watching? All the ones I've seen the menu at the bottom is only there when needed.
    02-01-13 11:28 AM
    The more screen space will depend on the content. E.g. If you're watching a movie that is widescreen, or viewing a picture in landscape it's obviously not going to make use of the extra space. But if you say zoom into a picture, it will make use of the space.

The buttons can also have more flexibility. Before you had call, Menu, trackpad, back and end call/exit. Now the area can be used to put any sort of buttons you want, and thus more space for whatever content you have. Think of the picture app on OS7. You had your normal physical buttons, then you had buttons for crop, rotate, resize, etc.
    Now you just have those buttons for menu, crop rotate, resize, back, share, or what not, depending on which menu you use.

I think it's a pretty good idea. Though embedding buttons isn't exactly new, like the "mostly" all touch iPhone. (They just exchanged the home button for the swipe up gesture)
    02-01-13 01:43 PM