The other day, I sent a text message and the symbol next to the sent message indicates I sent a "PIN" message. I didn't do anything differently, used friend's address book entry to send it, didn't fiddle with anyone's PIN, figured I was sending a regular text msg.

What's unique about a PIN message from SMS & MMS? Cost? Wha? Are either of these methods different than what I always knew as a "text msg?" I think SMS is a short, worded msg, whereas an MMS contains a photo or attachment, right?

Whew, so much to remember for this old man! I love it!
    07-29-08 08:25 AM
    SMS/Text message - relies on your carrier to be sent, uses the contact's phone number, depends on your features that are on your carrier's plan.

PIN Message - relies on RIM's servers, uses the contact's BB PIN number, free if you have a data plan.
    07-29-08 08:27 AM
    The BB messenger is like an IM app, a PIN message is more like an email using PIN numbers. It will show up as "peer-to-peer" to the recipient.
    07-29-08 08:34 AM
    Can you send an attachment in a PIN message like a pic? I tried but didn't see the option like I would when sending an MMS message.
    11-05-08 09:08 AM
    Yes, you can send pics, videos, voice notes, etc. In a BBM conversation, hit Menu>Send File, then browse to the file you want to send.
    11-05-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks. I just figured it out.
    11-05-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD